Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fan club...18 euro?!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:51 am 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

I'm wondering....
When they will came here in Milan for a concert, there's the 80% of possibility that it would be at the Datchforum, where is IMPOSSIBILE (belivie me, IMPOSSIBLE) to meet them, maybe after the show, I don't know...
As this future concert will be the ONLY chance to meet them (I hope so, or else... :fire: ) I thought to inscribe to their Fan Club...
But....I have to pay?! :shock: :shock: :shock: Sounds so strange....maybe I'm not accustomed to this kind of things but....still sounds very strange :shock:
Is there anyone that is inscribed and can give me some informations about?
Thank youuuuuuu ^^

Post subject: Re: Fan club...18 euro?!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:26 pm 
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)

.:Feuer:. wrote:
I'm wondering....
When they will came here in Milan for a concert, there's the 80% of possibility that it would be at the Datchforum, where is IMPOSSIBILE (belivie me, IMPOSSIBLE) to meet them, maybe after the show, I don't know...
As this future concert will be the ONLY chance to meet them (I hope so, or else... :fire: ) I thought to inscribe to their Fan Club...
But....I have to pay?! :shock: :shock: :shock: Sounds so strange....maybe I'm not accustomed to this kind of things but....still sounds very strange :shock:
Is there anyone that is inscribed and can give me some informations about?
Thank youuuuuuu ^^

The way I understand it is that you have to PAY the money to receive the updated information (on shows, etc.), the discounts in the R shop AND even to use their forum!!!!! I'm sure that they're all making enough money to not to have to charge fans who would simply want to use the forum. And in reality, HOW many people can KEEP on buying their merchandise? It's expensive!!!! So big deal to these merchandise 'discounts'. And as far as 'news' ---- ALL news travels pretty fast these days.
I'd never pay $ to join a fan club. But that's just me.

Live a cruelty free life - go vegan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:01 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

The only reason I would ever pay that would be because of the price discount in the store. But thats only a difference of a few euros anyway! I suppose the big deal is because you *might* be able to participate in chats with the band, but as far as I know this doesn't happen on a regular basis. They're just taking advantage of adoring fans, in my opinion. What's their forum got that this one hasn't, eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:09 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

You really don't get much of a discount anyway. When I was spening on there, I bought a t-shirt for 29.90 and the discount price was 23.90. WTF, hardly worth it.

... I wonder how popular that thing is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:07 am 

@ Finsternis: Exactly! And even if you saved a bit of money with the discount, you're STILL going to have to pay for shipping! I just don't think it's worth it, after all - as this is not really to the fan's benefit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:09 am 

Im a bit confused..
so all u get for joining the fan club is discounts on merchandise, entry in to that forum and a rare chat with a band member?
I thought those guys could get info on private gigs and stuff.. (do R+ even do that :? )
What is the Datchforum??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:27 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

Omelette wrote:
Im a bit confused..
so all u get for joining the fan club is discounts on merchandise, entry in to that forum and a rare chat with a band member?
I thought those guys could get info on private gigs and stuff.. (do R+ even do that :? )

ok, straight from the website:
Rammstein.com wrote:
Become a Member
You want to be part of the RAMMSTEIN-Community and …

… use the FORUM?The FORUM is a fan network, which unites RAMMSTEIN fans all over the world. In the specifically constructed FORUM you can pointedly meet other RAMMSTEIN fans!

… get PRICE REDUCTIONS at RAMMSTEIN-Shop?… The RAMMSTEIN-Shop will offer you as a Community-member at least 10 Rammstein items, which are clearly reduced in their price (e.g. shirts for EUR 19,– instead of EUR 24,–). Often it concerns articles that cannot be found anywhere else and brand-new articles that are added to the collection.

… get information about special EVENTS?Community members get an exclusive message about extraordinary events, i.e. Rammstein club concerts, chats, raffles and so you can secure your admission to such events.

The login to the FORUM is only possible via internet and a personal password. You should definitely have an Email account if you are interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:32 pm 
Paul Doll
Paul Doll

Dont you get some kind of autograph-copys as well and occasional greetings? Prewritten and copied of course?......or maybe one have to pay for that too? :?

-D.H. Lawrence

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:47 pm 
RichBitch
RichBitch

Yeah, they're like, christmas cards, but depressing ones with sad poems. And yeah, they're photocopied, which is proof of how cheap the deal is if they can't even be bothered to get REAL autographs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:57 pm 
Paul Doll
Paul Doll

:shock: Sad poems for christmas??? Well, i can understand that they dont want to sign like somewhere between 10.000 and 100.000 autographs.
But as a paying fan i would like to have a REAL autograph, but i´m on your line here, maybe it would have been better if they did not send out anything at all in that case.
I dont know the average age on a rammsteinfan but 18 Euros loss can stain if you are in the teens or generally broke.
I would not pay it -out of pure princip, i think its little sneaky.
And if I desperatley need an autograph, I´ll take those 18 Euro, add 18 more and go to germany and stalk as hell. ^_^

-D.H. Lawrence

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:56 pm 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

Mmmm...I understand. I thought that maybe they give something like pass for backstage, I was interested in this kind of things XDDD
What can I do with a fake autograph?? Absolutely nothing...
I already buy CDs, they want more money? XDDD :rolling:
Well, if the advantages are only fake autograph and discount for merchandise, I'm sorry, my 18 euros remains in my wallet, warm and safe (maybe :P) xDD
29.90 for a T-shirt?? But 29.90 euro??? Here in Milan, I pay 13-15 euro T-shirt and a jumper 24...there is also the lid (ehm...cappello di lana, I don't know the translation ^^''') and maybe the g-string (very very very very tiny pants XD) with R+ written on it :lol:
If I want to meet them maybe I should wear those pants then sleep with some of the technicians....it's the only idea that comes into my mind xDDDDDDDDD
Bah..it's not a bad idea :roll: surely it's better than pay 18 euros a year :rolling:

@Omelette: Datchforum is a place here in Milan where make concerts :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:19 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

I think the only ones it really helps are the members who actually live in Germany. On Herzie, some people mentioned getting invites to their special small - club warm-up shows that they do to get ready for full tours.
That might make it worthwhile.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:12 am 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

julieanne wrote:
I think the only ones it really helps are the members who actually live in Germany. On Herzie, some people mentioned getting invites to their special small - club warm-up shows that they do to get ready for full tours.
That might make it worthwhile.....

You're right. It's an official fan club: this means that fans all over the WORLD are incribed..they can't give invites to all members of each country...they can't either give invites just to a small part because maybe some other member will think "It's not fair, I pay just like the other, I want the invite too" it's too difficult!!!!
Maybe I can find an italian fan-club but it must be "The official Rammstein italian fan club" to get invites and stuff (important stuff XD) like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:39 am 

Quote Feuer: ""It's not fair, I pay just like the other, I want the invite too" it's too difficult!!!!"

It's the unfairness that I don't like. Of course members in other countries can't just trot over to the local club to see a special R session. But in that case, to try to make it somewhat fairer, you'd think that members out of country would receive something to make up for not being able to attend.
All in all, the fan club doesn't really seem to benefit the fans, does it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:50 pm 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

Eh, around the holidays I considered joining on impulse(finally went through with it last night), I figured I had some money to blow from Christmas, and curiosity got the best of me. Really, when I become enamored with something, I try to ride the high while I can, so I let said curiosity take over. While certainly overhyped(not here of course), the community could very well prove worthwhile, I dunno, I can wait and see. Sure was something seeing Richard's daughter's supposed Myspace (I'm almost convinced it was legit, but it 'twas a bit scary)
Otherwise, I see nothing special there as of yet.
Haven't had much time to navigate it also, as this place is too fun. 8)