Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Social media or real life brushes with the band?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:36 am 
(mod)
(mod)

:yay: :eee: So cool .But such a long waiting time, so sad for all waiting :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:13 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

@ Cheeky, I had messaged you but I hadn't heard back from you, I was trying to meet you at the show lol.

But here's my story. I'm a firm believer in perseverance, and questioning everything I'm told at concerts lol. At Chicago Open Air the day before we went I heard there would be a Rammstein signing but I wasn't sure of the details. We arrived late to the venue around 4:00 and when I saw the line for Rammstein I kinda got discouraged. But I didn't give up, my friend and I got in line. I hopped over to a shorter line because I was so desperate (I know I know, I felt slightly bad but in the end everyone behind me got something signed. It was my friends birthday and I really really wanted us to meet the boys). It had been a bit rainy that day and so before the boys came out, we saw a double rainbow in the sky!! The boys were due to show at 6:30, and their set was to start at 10. They arrived around 7:15. I had never been to a signing before so I was a bit irked, but just getting a glimpse of them was all worth it! After waiting three hours and hearing people constantly tell us we weren't going to make it I found myself standing before Till Lindemann himself. I didn't have a cd or anything to sign so I gave security my ticket. Till was looking down signing things, and everybody but Paul looked kind of weary. Flake wasn't there (later I heard he had been in the hospital or something) but I chalked that up to him being the keyboardist and not wanting to get carpal tunnel lol. I said "Hey Till" to make him look up. Then I said what I've wanted to say since I was 13: "I'm gay, but I'm straight for you!" And let me tell you something - his EYES are completely stunning! They were a pool blue that day so I think his eyes change color. He laughed and said something like "thank you" but I was too busy gushing inside because it warms your heart when you see him smile, and he looked so weary at the signing (not to mention dealing with crazed fans for an hour and half signing things over and over, I get it) that it was nice to see him break out of that mode. I shook his hand, and he shook mine warmly. I made a point to shake all their hands and give a genuine "thank you." Paul laughed and smiled, Christoph looked humbled, Ollie was serious, and Richard wasn't very warm, but polite. I am so grateful for the fact that they took time to sign things for the entire line, even after being late. Right after meeting with all those people they had to hit the stage. They put on an AMAZING show and the crowd in Chicago was soooo good. I'm having withdrawals, but my next goal is to attend an after party and meet them there, wish me luck!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:28 am 
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)

^ So happy for you! I'm sure you'll cherish all these memories! ^_^

Live a cruelty free life - go vegan.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:56 am 
Rosenrot Donator
Rosenrot Donator

Location: In Till's Pants... and he's going to be SO angry when he finds out I've got them!
^^ We must have JUST missed each other - I was the chunky chick in the black and white polkadot rockabilly dress with the weird accent - I'm so bummed I didn't get your message, I'd have LOVED to meet up!