Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lindemann (Band) now confirmed!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:59 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

Another interview with Till in Rolling Stone - I really enjoyed reading this one :wink:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/sex-pills-metal-rammstein-singer-till-lindemann-on-filthy-solo-lp-20150622?page=2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:14 am 
(mod)
(mod)

^ :D I could hear him laughing during this interview... " look at me" :lol: :lol:
Thank you :hug: :hug:
From Ramm wiki...... Touring first half of 2016 :)
https://www.facebook.com/rammwiki/photo ... =1&theater

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:21 pm 
Rosenrot Donator
Rosenrot Donator

According to the promofolder I bought today... Lindemann will tour in the beginning of 2016.
Enjoy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:24 am 
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)

^ SO much easier to read this photo! Thanks again! :hug:

Live a cruelty free life - go vegan.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:12 pm 

I'm just going to come out with it, now that I've had about 2 weeks to listen to this new CD and I must say, I HATE IT!

IT SUCKS! I am SO disappointed. A career's lifetime, and THIS is what he comes out with?

Flabby buttholes, soggy caves, fucking on french fries? Really, Till, REALLY? I mean, most of the lyrics of the majority of the songs sound like something a bunch of pre-adolescent prepubescent boys would write about!!! I expected so much more, lyrics a lot deeper than this crap!

I am just shocked at how childish it is. Yeah, the first time around, the songs were funny. Haha, Till, yeah, flabby buttholes, haha.

But then, well, couldn't you have given us more? Something less childish? Even Golden Shower, omg, and Cowboy? Big dicks and all?!

Terrible. Just terrible.

Maybe so much of the charm was lost because it IS in English. I have to say, Rammstein as a whole is magnanimously better than Till's solo album. Like I said, a career behind him, and THIS is what he comes up with? It's beyond lewd and ribald, (which I like in general---) this album is just childish!!!!

Kudos to Peter, for the music is amazing!! Thank God for Peter! I am impressed! But Till, as much as I have loved you, I have gotten a R+ tattoo even, devoted myself to the band, but you, my dear Till, you suck at solo-ing! All of that poetry you have written and then you give us this crap? I don't get it!!!! I am so glad I canceled my order for the super deluxe edition. Nothing lost to me. I'm glad I only spent $9.99 at iTunes! This CD is so awful I haven't even been able to listen to it more than 3x so far.

The only song that is even a little decent is "That's My Heart" but I can't stand the 'children' singing in it! It RUINED it! Yukon is just so-so. BORing! And Home Sweet Home sounds just so damn redundant. How could you have let me down like this?

Months I waited, with high hopes, to hear about taking pills where you HOPE TO DIe, fucking flabby buttholes and soggy caves, stupid crap about cowboys and pinky flowery cunts. DAMN! I know he said these lyrics are not him literally. But it just sounds all so childish. Like I said--as if a group of giggling pre-adolescent little boys wrote this crap!

Ok fans, let me have it, I don't care!! Someone had to have the guts to say it, and I did. No one can argue with me that these lyrics are not childish. Lady Boy..... whatever! Is Till so damn starved for sex or something? I know it's not literal, so he says, but wow, this is so damn lame compared to R+'s lyrics. SO LAME. Truly, 5th graders could have written most of these lyrics!

April 21st, 2012, Tampa Bay Times Forum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:18 am 
Paul Doll
Paul Doll

^ I don't really like the album much either, I FAR prefer Emigrate any day if we are talking just solo stuff, but I don't think 'Home Sweet Home' is as childish as you've made the whole album out to be. I really enjoy that song though it's a bit sad, apparently it's to do with losing someone to cancer though I am not 100% sure, I know it has something to do with cancer.

I agree that this isn't an album I will regularly listen to but musically it is great.

Not actually a Till girl...Paul crept in and captured my heart. ♥

Avatar comes from here: http://asdxxx987.deviantart.com/art/Paul-7-498449973

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:28 am 

I agree that the music that Peter created IS great!! But the lyrics are HORRIBLE and childish.

Home Sweet Home is probably the only decent song on there. I think it might be about cancer too. But who knows if it's real about his life or not, since he said the lyrics were not necessarily true-to-his-life.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:14 am 
Berliner At Heart
Berliner At Heart

^ Noone is going to "let you have it". We already explained that different opinions are allowed. People like different things, it's that simple. :) And you are not the first one who mentioned that the lyrics are childish.

He said that Home sweet home is about someone having cancer and said that in the past few years both him and Peter had lost loved ones to cancer.

I was very hesitant about this project. Especially after I found out that Till would be writing and singing in English. Very few people write as well in another language that isn't their own and I don't think Peter is any better at it if he thought these lyrics are brilliant. I also hesitated when I realised that Peter will play all the instruments and record it in his studio. It really felt like a rushed project. Sometimes I felt like cancelling my order.

But I thought the album was a positive surprise. I am glad I ordered the Super Deluxe Edition. I love the book, it's gorgeous and I like how they made it. :heart:
Now that I have listened to the album I don't think it feels at all as rushed as I feared and in most songs I don't even think of Till's accent. It didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I still find the beginning of Praise Abort a bit hard to listen to... it's not a favourite, but I love the song and video.
I don't think it's a pure party album either, but a good mix of more serious and quite beautiful songs. And some are just plain or bad, but I seldom like all songs on any album.
I never expected this to be as good as R+ , but it's a lot better than I had expected. :D

Skills in pills - I don't like the music in the very beginning of the song or the spoken lyrics at the very end, but other than that I think it's a good song.
Ladyboy - this is a bad song. Both the lyrics and and the music is very plain and boring. It's not daring or shocking or anything. He could have done something much more naughty and clever with this one.
Children of the sun - my absolute favourite on the album. :heart: I love this song, music and lyrics. It's dark, sad and cruel and to me it's just like a R+ song in English. "We have to go, the sky is in flames", I think that is pretty beautiful imagery.
Yukon and That's my heart - other ones I really like. I think they are good songs, with good lyrics. Yukon is not super deep and I'm not super fond of the chorus in That's my heart either, but to me they are great songs that I listen to a lot. Fish on is a great song too, but a bit more childish. I love the chorus though.
Fat - I don't think it's that disgusting at all, I think it's pretty funny. Heirate mich is a far more disgusting song, but I still love it. I love the heavy sound of the song, to me this one, Golden shower and Parise Abort are more party songs. I have no problem with the imagery in Golden shower either. :lol: I think it's a pretty good song. It's more how he sings it rather than what he says that makes it a bit funny. He kind of barks the chorus at you. :lol:
Cowboy and Home sweet home i haven't really listened to yet. I read the text to Cowboy and thought they were too childish and unintelligent. :? The sound of the music was okay, but... I don't think I'll be listening much to this one. Home sweet home makes me a bit uncomfortable. Illness eating you from inside is a bit too close to my own experience. I haven't even read the lyrics properly and I don't know if I want to.

It is a lot about sex in every way you can have it, you can tell that it's not as easy to write deep lyrics and I'm not so fond of the general American old western theme in a few songs, that's not a genre I like, but still, it's an pretty good album that I listen to now and then, some songs more than others.
I do not agree that Peter's music is great. I think a lot of it is very plain and it has a very... Swedish taste. I'm not as impressed as people in the comments that I have read.

People can agree or disagree with me, I'm not going to try and convince anyone to like it, but I do. If that means I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed or just a little more tasteless than most people, I'm not too worried about that. :lol:

It would be interesting to read what other people think of specific songs. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:35 am 
Rosenrot Donator
Rosenrot Donator

I believe that the album is musically really good, perhaps even underestimated at some parts.
I'd say the same thing about Till's vocals except for some tracks which are not mixed to good.

The big problem with the entire album is the lyrics as mentioned here earlier.
I don't get the lyrics even though I've red Till's books and poems, but the lyrics is just to childish at many parts, I don't really get the irony and "humour", I only see provocing nonsense to be quiet honest.

To make it short - What I thought was going to be bad (Tägtgren making it too much of a "Pain"-album) was actually a false worry.
But the lyrics I thought was gonna be great but it turns out it's the weakest part of the album.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:49 am 
Berliner At Heart
Berliner At Heart

^ This I totally agree with. I'm glad it's not a Pain and Hypocrisy album music-wise. I think you do recognise a bit of R+ feel in it.
The lyrics turned out like I thought they would in English. :um: Till does not know enough English to write as deep and shocking/provocative but still beautiful as he does in German and he said so himself a few years ago, when he answered the question why he did not want to write in English.
Lyric-wise I think Children of the sun is the best one, but even there the verses are a bit plain.
He had to make do with what he had and the result is thereafter. Yukon and That's my heart have pretty good lyrics too, but also a bit plain unfortunately.

Edit: Adding, I must say that after listening to this album I have fallen in love with Till's voice all over again. :lol: :heart:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:54 pm 

What does 'search the needle in your hair" mean??

I've never heard Peter's music before--his other bands? Is the music anything like this?

I guess for a studio album, done by one man, who mixed it all together, I was impressed. But that is IT! That's my limit. There is left a lot to be desired.

SO Till needs to get his butt back in the studio with Rammstein, go back to writing and singing in German--what he does WELL. And make a new album. With Rammstein. ALL 6 members. Because alone, Till cannot stand. The only great part of this cd was where he sings the one word of "WUNDERBARRRRRRRR" but the 'break open your king sized bra' lyric before it nearly RUINS it!

And I read somewhere that Richard said he doesn't enjoy recording with Rammstein.

He needs to quit whining and get back on track! I want my Rammstein back!
Here is where he said that: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/till-l ... september/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:32 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

@blackberrybunny

Hi I'm new, but I just had to comment on this, because I went through similar emotional agony.
I laughed so hard after reading your review, then I almost died after reading this on the Lindemann facebook page:
"Till Lindemann is god. Lyrical god. Sculpted so crude, but perfectly by the gods and given the voice of a fallen angel with a heart and lyrical genious that is unparalleled by any other human.
Till's books, his lyrics, (along with Petere's drums, guitar), OBVIOUSLY the vocals; alle wunderbar erstaunliche Orgasmus für meine Ohren!!"

I still bought the album from Amazon. I just think Till has had his ass kissed for so long that no matter what he does, people will say it's awesome. Even songs about flabby buttholes and "art" sculptures consisting of babies, cocaine and dildos.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:14 am 
(mod)
(mod)

They will be live in 20 days :) Wacken!

http://www.metalgermania.it/notizie/lin ... -2015.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:16 am 
(mod)
(mod)

Double post but here is "the making off" Praise Abort!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppoDzdd6qss

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:24 am 
Berliner At Heart
Berliner At Heart

@colette: Oooh! :bounce: Thank you! :hug: I can't watch it now with an unstable internet (on a ferry), but as soon as I get to the hotel I will try and watch. I've been waiting for this. :D

I wonder how it will be at Wacken. It would have been pretty cool to see them, but I would not go just for their sake.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next