Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Sophia T question...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:59 pm 

@nola. You are probably refering to the Bild interview she gave?
The translation of the sentence: Politiker zu verstehen ist nicht einfach: politicians are not easy to understand. Well I agree with Sophia on this subject. They talk a lot but never come to the core of things. They use all kinds of jargon that is not easy to listen to when you do not have a political background such as the young people she was interviewing.

For those who are interested here is another link:
http://www.sat1.de/videokatalog/Kultur/ ... 81758.html

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:27 pm 
RichBitch
RichBitch

Fair enough, but the sentence "politicians are not easy to understand" can be interpreted differently and for someone who's intelligence has been called into question (I'm sure she knows this), in my opinion, it is a silly thing to say. She could have thought that one through a little better :P

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:37 pm 
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)

Seeing as there's upcoming elections in Germany (I've heard that many think Chancellor Merkel will be voted in again), this is an interesting topic.
I may be going out on a limb here, but if Sofa Sofia is at all interested in "understanding" politicians/political parties, she could easily look up each major party's political platform online. Not that she'd likely ever be *that* interested, though.

Last edited by BeeKay on Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Typo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:55 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

BeeKay wrote:
(I've heard that many think Chancellor Merkel will be voted in again)

What's the general perception/reaction of people in Germany about that hypotesis?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:31 pm 

^ This is as per the radio news article I heard today. They were interviewing some Germans as to who they thought would win. Of course, this is purely speculative, as is any discussion prior to all the ballots being counted. As anyone who pays attention to or is involved with elections, "anything can happen" is the slogan. My thoughts? I think Chancellor Merkel will be voted in again. What do you think?

Here is a print article in one of our media sources, if you're interested: http://www.cbc.ca/news/will-germany-vot ... -1.1861177

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:47 pm 
RichBitch
RichBitch

Exactly, Barb. It wouldn't have been at all difficult for her to spend just a little time making notes on each running party and their respective politicians and their aims if elected, that isn't much at all. She could have done it in half an hour. She would have done more tasking assignments at school, for heaven's sake! :lol: I would have actually loved for her to have gone up there and spoken well. Not like a political boffin, but like she cared about what she'd been hired to do.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:58 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

@BeeKay: seems she have a lot of general consensus.
So yes, on pure speculation, it seems very possible that it will be her (being over 60% is no joke, even if is just a projection).
(.......and the note on Peerlusconi....omg :headwall: )

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:03 pm 

^ Exactly - on both points!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:15 am 
Tillicious Girl
Tillicious Girl

I don't know exactly what she said, but i don't think that with taking notes half an hour she would do better. That's why somewhere in the topic i asked about her education background, because i thought "Ok if she study politics she might know some things", because i don't think she spend a lot of time informally to educate her self.
To go to speak on a certain topic in public you really have to be prepared and to have guts, otherwise you will be ridiculous. And politics is not an easy topic to talk about.
So my final conclusion: If they wanted in the show young famous person - they should have invite someone more into the topic. And why on earth she agreed to talk about politics :O

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:13 am 

Here is some info on Sophia' s background.
She quit highschool ( gymnasium) when she was sixteen to be in a german tv series: commissario laurenti. She played the daughter. From 2007 until 2009 she studied acting on the Bochum Constantin Schauspielschule. In an interview she gave in 2010 she says regretting her decision leaving school in her last year.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:33 am 

The program Taske Force Berlin on Pro7 was about severall famous german people who, had the task the make the young croud enthousiastic about politics. It was not the intention of the program to let the celebrities give their own political view but to find out why so few students go to the elections or are even interested in politics and then they interviewed and talked to 1 politician to bring the young croud and the politics together. Sophia talked to herr Trittin.
After this program several other tv station invited Sophia to talk about task force berlin and what the young people had to say. She was never invited to give her view on politics! So I do not get this discussion about her not being prepated or getting more info. That was not the reason for inviting her.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:54 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Ok, I can't stay quiet any longer...I can't believe this is still going on!

Missybig, are you just here to defend ST? You have not contributed to any other threads. This is supposed to be a friendly forum to share our love for Rammstein, whatever form that takes. I started this thread as I was interested in the election coming up and saw ST was involved and low behold you pop up AGAIN from nowhere to jump on us and to defend her time and time again. I think me and the other ladies here have made it quite clear that we are surprised by her lack of preparation moving into the public world of politics and I feel that is a silly move on her part.
Just saying it would be nice to see you involved in other activity s on this forum as all I feel from you is negativity towards us. I don't know how the other ladies feel, it's just my opinion...
Ps. Thanks to the ladies who have tried to keep this thread upbeat, thats you Ombra, although I feel slightly confused to the fact that I have just thanked you for bringing The Hoff back into my life!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:06 am 

Ok I understand.... I started joining the forum because I wanted to give the people that are interested an other view of ST because some, not all, are not giving respect or are giving the wrong idea. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion but I just thought by giving more info without an opinion attached to it maybe the disrespected of some would change. But if I start annoying you all I am sorry for that... maybe it is the language barrier between german and english that some things are misinterpreted by some.... just understand that i am not here to critisize all of you but if i have done that with my comments then I appologize......

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:15 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^your not annoying me and your English is perfect so please don't worry about that. I'm the one who is sorry, lots of study, lots of work, makes me cranky!
I do value the info you have given me, it's just I find her hard to give credit to, she is obviously trying but doesn't give enough thought before hand.
I feel terrible after that little rant, I don't like confrontation, apparently even online with strangers!
It would be nice to see you in other discussions too!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:32 am 

@ninja. It is ok. :hug: Appologie accepted:). I am not trying to be the one who knows it all. If I do come across like this then it is not my intension. We all love rammstein and their music. I often look at the droolbucket site and I like reading news about the guys. Maybe in the future I will post on other topics. But I felt the urge to post here because I feel I am the only one who cencairly like :blonde: ;).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next