Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thanks to the Guys because.......
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:22 pm 

I don't think there is a thread like this so...here it is!

WHY WOULD YOU LIKE TO THANK OUR BELOVED RAMMSTEIN?
you can tell some episodes if you want....

I want to thank them because they're always there,in my pocket :) when I need them and they make me think about something else for some time in these hard days :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Post subject: Re: Thanks to the Guys because.......
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:04 pm 
Tillicious Girl
Tillicious Girl

Location: Es gibt keinen guten Weg etwas Schlechtes zu tun. (There is no good way to do a bad thing.) T. L.
I'd like to thank them because I was so depressed I was even losing the ability to walk! (Fibromyalgia, they said.) Then I re-discovered R+ammstein, headbanged again and even healed to the point where I went to a concert in the Pit, at the age of 71! (My first mosh pit.) :r+fire:

There IS no adequate way to thank them, really, and I am not at all unique. I know three others with similar stories just within my own friends... :heart: :heart: :heart:
They might as well be Angels for all practical purposes. :angel: :heart: :angel: :fire: :angel: :heart: :angel: :fire: :angel: :heart: :angel: :fire:

Meine wirklicher Engele :birthdayhat:

:fire: :twisted: :fire: Till Lindemann is my anger-management coach. He says I'm flunking. :fire: :evil: :fire:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:23 pm 

I've had moments in which I've been happy to be born in this day and age so I can see, hear, read something special. Might be a song, a music album, a movie, a live action or anime series, a book. The most recent occasion when I felt like that was because of Rammstein. :)

In general I'm grateful to every exceptional human being which has contributed in some significant way to humanity. That includes a lot of artists, scientists, etc. So, the Rammstein guys easily fulfill the criteria - they are talented people, who decided to share their gift with us not-so-talented folks and make something beautiful, unique and, I dare say, immortal.

I have some more personal reasons to be grateful to them as well - this last semester, which has been pretty brutal, they have been my mental and emotional fuel. That's what energizes me, makes me face my problems, kick their asses and emerge victorious from the battle. I'm high on their music and I feel like I can do ANYTHING. Seriously, very few things have given me so much optimism and energy. And like Moreach, I have a healing (kind of) story with them. I've been diagnosed with MS some months ago. It's a nasty disease and I went through some pretty heavy psychological melodrama 5 years ago when the doctors first started suspecting I had it after a rather acute case of retrobulbar optic neuritis in one of my eyes. Well, after another slightly less acute case in the other eye from February this year, the doctors are pretty certain that's what I have. I'm kinda used to the thought already after 5 years of fears, anxiety disorders, insomnias, etc. but then some time in October there was another onset of unfamiliar symptoms - my leg went numb for several days. It was scary. I could already see myself starting to freak out again and repeating the mental disaster from 5 years ago. Because, really, once you've been there, it's very easy to go back and just the thought of it terrifies me. And then, in the very same evening the numbness started, I found out that Rammstein (whom I thought I won't be able to see within the next many years since they just finished their tour and we missed their concerts in Canada), are participating in some European festivals in the following summer. And nothing else mattered.
Within minutes I went from a panic attack to a frantic enthusiastic planning of an epic summer vacation. If one day I meet the guys I will thank them in person for preserving my sanity on that day. I don't want an autograph or a picture with them. I just want to say "Thanks, guys, I owe you big time!".

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:39 am 

these are incredible stories, made me touched :sigh:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:09 am 

Moreach, did you say you are 71?!! Whoa, that blew me away! And reminded me with a great smile of the very elderly couple I saw at the concert in Tampa. ;-) If I live to be 71 (i'm 44) I'll still be in love with Rammstein too!! You are awesome, Moreach!!!

I would like to thank Rammstein because like Lady Nebel said---they are always in my pocket, on my iPod, when I need them. Any boy, have I needed them!

There were there for me when I had to have a painful extraction at the dentist, which I did just so I COULD go to that Tampa concert and be free of the pain from the toothache I was having. It was either a root canal or extraction, and I went for the latter, which turned out to be horrifyingly painful to have done, and it was not my first extraction either. But I didn't suffer through the concert one bit. Ohhh the things we'll do for our Rammstein!!

There were there for me when my mom was in the ICU in critical condition from kidney failure and full body sepsis.

There were there for me on many awful nights when I could not sleep because of pain I was having in my lower back from ruptured discs that were leaking. (I need a multi level spinal fusion and they'll be there for me through that too).

They were there for me when I was in the hospital after the concert in April to have my gallbladder removed. My first 'real' surgery!

There were there for me when I had to go to a funeral of my husband's co-worker (who I did not know). Hate to admit I cry at anyone's funeral whether I even knew them or not.

Rammstein helped me get through the total loss of our home in a flood back on June 26th this year. We had lost nearly everything and had to get a new home. They certainly helped me through that!!

AND they have been here for me in the good times too-- enjoying our new home, enjoying the cool weather, as I sit outside with my kittens and read and listen..........

Sometimes, they even are there shopping with me for groceries, as I plug in my earbuds into my ears and wander each aisle for the stuff we need......

I know R+ will continue to carry me through more good and bad times to come. My life would have been so much more drab and dull without them.

I wonder if they have any idea HOW much they carry us through life?

And although my mom recovered, she is the only family I have left, and she's not in good health. I know when she dies, Rammstein will be there for me also, and I'll never be able to listen to Ohne Dich ever again without crying. Mom is German and likes that song. It'll never be the same...... but without them, it will be that much worse when that time comes. Same goes for if my husband should ever die before me. I listen to Ohne Dich and think "One day, this song will nearly kill me with sorrow and tears...." But I'll survive somehow.

Until then, today is a good happy day, and Rammstein IS in my pocket now, and what the heck, why not plug them into my new stereo and speakers and shake the house?!!!! ;)

April 21st, 2012, Tampa Bay Times Forum

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:07 pm 

^Wow, you've been through a lot... I'm glad to hear that most of the bad stuff is in the past now. :)
I've also wondered if the guys know of the power of their music and how many people have been "saved" by it, or at least guided by it through some dark times in their lives. I've heard Till (I think) mention in an interview the letter from a rape victim who said their music helped her deal with her trauma. So, I guess they know about some of the cases at least.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:02 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

I'd like to thanks Rammstein for the awesome music they make.
Normally I wasn't really into hard rock, but their music is so melodic and beautiful, it got me hooked.
Along the way I've used their music for a lot of things, basically covering most of the emotional range. :)
And I've gotten friends and acquaintances all over the world thanks to the boys, it wouldn't have happened without us having a common love of the Rammboys' music.
So, Rammstein: Thumbs up all the way, thank you for making totally awesome music, for being who you are and...aw, feck it: Everything! :lol:

And thanks to anyone and everyone who organises and works with setting up communities, homepages and forums for us fans, you do a great job, giving the rest of us a great opportunity to stay in touch and enjoy anything Rammstein related. *thumbs up*

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:08 pm 

How in the world could we get a letter to Till and the boys to let them know that they have changed so many lives....?

I've done google searches trying to find Till's address, but no luck...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:49 pm 

I DID get one of their signed postcards from the site. Do you think they REALLY read ALL of that fan mail??

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:46 pm 
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)

^ Ummm...no.

Live a cruelty free life - go vegan.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:08 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

They are just awesome, and it's funny, as half of the stuff I'm into, my mum is into aswell (and, in some cases, seen in concert). Must have surprised her to the hilt when I got into these guys, because she saw them in the 1990s, and when she and I saw them earlier this year, it was extra special (not to mention a fab girly day/night out)... and of course we had Rammstein music being played in the car (had to be done), and, like all gigs (bar one) that I've been to, true performers. Not just that, but their music reaches out to all ages (know that for a fact because I'm 19 and the oldest person at that gig was somewhat 70).

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:52 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

I was lucky enough to actually be able to thank the all the guys (except for Richard) personally. When I went to the meet and greet earlier this year, I had to think of what I wanted to say to everybody in the short amount of time I had to talk to them. I thanked them all for making some of the best music on this planet and their music has helped me in more ways that they could ever imagine.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:23 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

^How did they respond?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:36 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Most of them just kind of smiled and shook their head. Maybe I was mumbling my words because I was pretty star struck, and they couldn't really understand what I was saying. I'm happy I atleast was able to tell them. Ollie and Doom were the only ones that understood me. It was hetic in a small room so I didn't take offense and tried to get my picture and say thanks as quick as possible to give other people more time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:42 pm 
SchneiderSexual
SchneiderSexual

I did something similar to Brennt, although not with all the guys. When I met Schneider I thanked him and said that Rammstein's music had helped me with difficult times. He sort of shyly nodded his head and said softly, "Thank you, that is nice to hear." :heart: