Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rammstein to play at Reading festival?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:17 am 

Hi all, hope everyone has had a good Thursday! :D

Rumours are circulating on the internet that Rammstein may be playing at this years Reading Festival in the UK. See rumours here:

http://www.strictlyrandl.com/rumours/

and here:

http://www.virtualfestivals.com/reading ... 12/rumours

Now I guess that technically it's possible as the last Made in Germany tour date is the 25th May in Texas. The Reading festival takes place on the 24th- 26th August, so theoretically it gives them plenty of time to go home and recharge their batteries before coming to the UK for one last hurrah before taking a well deserved and much longer break. However if they were to do a festival, I would have thought it would have been Rock am Ring which in Germany, but the line up for that has been announced and they are not included and in any case, the tickets are sold out (so I really hope they don't play at it because nothing can be done about it if they do :evil: ).

The official Reading line up will be announced on the 12th March and the official website is here:

http://www.readingfestival.com/

Fingers crossed!

Post subject: Re: Rammstein to play at Reading festival?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:20 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

I'll be there if they do, even if just for a day.. Leeds was a blast year.. A very very muddy blast!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:27 am 

^ I've heard it's amazing. Being honest I think I'll try and go anyway as The Cure are definitely playing and Soundgarden are also strong contenders :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:31 am 
SchneiderSexual
SchneiderSexual

Wow, I've never been to a festival before. I haven't always heard the best things about Reading - lots of serious drug use, according to some people I know who've been - but it could be fun.

They'd seem like a slightly odd choice for Reading - Download would be far more their scene - but I'll be awaiting the news :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:34 am 
Tillicious Girl
Tillicious Girl

Odd choice for Reading i wouldve thought ut you never know!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:39 am 

^ I would think that the only thing that is preventing them from playing down load is that it takes place on the 8th-10th June. As they have previously said that they prefer to play one month on one month off when they tour, it may be a bit too soon after they return from the states to play there.
Lack of Rammstein aside, the rest of the line up is great though :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:58 am 

I've always heard stories about reading generally involving people setting fire to things. I would love them to play a Uk festival, but think I'd bit a bit weiry about going to reading. Fingers crossed for download! :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:07 pm 

Unfortunately there is an element of drug use at all festivals, including Download. I wouldn't let it put you off going to Reading.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:31 pm 

That's very true. I'd just have a drag my brother along to protect me from mosh pits again lol. I wonder what kind of festival stage they would have? Do you think they would still have some sort of centre stage?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:42 pm 
SchneiderSexual
SchneiderSexual

@Melody - I've heard especially bad things about the amount of drug use at Reading (of course there is some at all festivals). I also had a friend who said she witnessed all sorts of fighting, etc. there and another friend who nearly got crushed in a crowd because there wasn't adequate security.

I've just heard unpleasant things about Reading, but I would consider going to see the boys even so. Festivals tend to have tv screens to show the major artists so it would be reasonably easy to stay back from the stage and just enjoy hearing the music live. (Plus I probably should go to a festival at least once in my life :lol: )

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:10 pm 

@ Mini: I wouldn't think that they would. In fact I would think it would be a different show altogether as they probably wouldn't be able to do any of their pyro work either due to the fact that as it's an outdoor festival and, as English weather is as unpredictable as Irish weather, it would be too dangerous due to wind etc. Actually when you think about it like that, it sounds increasingly unlikely that they would play. Lets pretend I said none of that, shall we? :D

@Cornflake: Oh dear, I hadn't heard that about Reading..... :( Still, you could always get a day ticket and just go for the day that the boys are playing (she said optimistically). It's best to ease yourself in to festivals, as an entire three days of portaloos/ longdrops and mud is a bit much first time round.