Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fun questions to ask those in other countries
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:18 am 
Paul Doll
Paul Doll

I was just thinking...have you ever had a question you wanted to ask someone who lived in a different country? Here's the chance, we can ask anyone whatever we want to know (keep it clean obviously) and questions are open to all countries, obviously ^_^

Here are some I was thinking:
1. I know McDonalds has branched out world wide...but what types of fast food places do you have?
2. How are your schools set up, is there elementary, middle and high school all seperated?
3. What fun holiday (any holiday) traditions do you have?

Post subject: Re: Fun questions to ask those in other countries
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:12 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

This sounds fun, I hope someone replies.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:08 pm 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

This looks fun xD I´ll start :3

1. I know McDonalds has branched out world wide...but what types of fast food places do you have?
Here in Venezuela we have all those places like Wendys, Burger King, etc but also we have one call Arturo's, its like KFC but not as good, when i was a kid there used to be one call Tropy Burger but i don't know what happened it doesn't exist anymore, and also one call Chipi's Burger this two are like McDonalds, and of course in every corner of almost every street there is a person selling hotdogs and hamburgers like this one http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3227/231 ... 00598c.jpg we call them "perreros" or "perro calenteros" xD

2. How are your schools set up, is there elementary, middle and high school all separated?
The schools here are divided in 2, we first start in "primaria" this one consist in 6 grades, from when we're 7 years old to 12 years old, then comes "bachillerato" this one consist in 5 grades, from 13 years old to 17 or 18. We also have uniforms, in primaria the shirt has to be white, the first 3 grades of bachilletaro the shirt is blue and the last 2 grades the shirt is beige. And most of them aren't separated, is one huge building for everything, you don't have to go to other school once you finish primaria, you stay in the same school just with different uniform and of course another classroom xD

We don't have any holiday apart from the famous ones like Halloween and Christmas, i think you could call "Semana Santa = Holy Week" a holiday because nobody works or goes to school, its something about the death of Jesus and the reincarnation and all that stuff and all the programs on tv are shows or movies about Jesus xD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:12 am 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

Romania
We also have Burger King, Sheriff's (don't know whos franchise it is), KFC, Sturbucks Coffee, Dunkin Donuts and a lot other I don't remember quite now. Another local... much more eastern sort of fast food is Shaormeria - where you can find the turkish shaorma, but also :headwall: schanghai chicken
2. How are your schools set up, is there elementary, middle and high school all separated?
Yes, they are. First 4 years are for the elementary. The next four for the middle and another 4 years for high school.
Children start going at school at age 6 or 7. School begins on 15 september and ends in june (I think :roll: ). They are 3 big hollydays during the year. The uniforms are mandatory just in the elementary school and in some high schools. My nephew is in the 3d grade and his single mandatory uniform piece is just a red vest.
As a christian country (and a religious one) we have the same christian holydays as everywhere in the world. Being mainly orthodox our customs differ from the catolics.
Traditional customs: before Xmass - Ignat (at the country side the villagers are sacrificing the pigs.) :evil: I don't like this custom.
Before Xmass too: St. Nicholas day when parents offer their children small gifts, especialy sweets which are hidden in the childrens "cleansed" boots, only if they behaved the last year. If they had a bad attitude all they get is a small rod.
In the country side a few of the locals still have and wear traditional costumes. The costumes are beautiful and colourful.
I have a traditional costume too, it's more then one hundred years old.
On first of March we have Martzishor day when people offer each other flowers and small symbols with the specific red and white string.
In the Easter we paint the eggs. At the country side they paint beautiful artistic eggs. In the city we don't have as much time and imagination and we just colour them in red or other bright colours. We also bake "cozonaci" a delicious traditional cake with cocoa and nuts filling. And in the Easter day we knock eggs against each other saying: Jesus raised from the dead! :D It sounds strange when explained in english.
And many others.

Oh! And of course we have "manele", an idiotic, annoying, oriental like kind of music which is popular mainly among the cultureless people. Personaly I would be happy if everybody would just forget about this so called music. It's like a terible disease because it spreads rapidly and corupts a lot of people, especialy the young ones.
Do you have something similar in your countries?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:39 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

I was just thinking ... have you ever had a question you wanted to ask someone who lived in a different country? Here's the chance, we can ask anyone what ever we want to know (keep it clean obviously) and questions are open to all countries, obviously

Here are some I was thinking:
1. I know McDonald's has branched out world wide ... but what types of fast food places do you have?

We have these typical such as Mc Donalds, KFC etc. Here in Germany, Döner is very popular, and there are many chips Friites stands here in Berlin ind etc is the very popular curry sausage. We have all sorts of fast food places here, such as Sushi etc. I also know a little chicken griller like KFC but is older and not so well known.
But we also have the Subway shops are quite similar .. But what really sucks is that almost no shops on Sundays (except gas stations and restaurants) are open.

2. How are your schools set up, there is elementary, middle and high school all separated?
Yes, here is divided. in high school, junior school, secondary school and university and have various professional schools. but it is far too complicated to explain, because at times it is a conversion

we have a few traditions as e.g. on May 1, we set up maypoles. is the main day of Christmas the 24th December we celebrate the giving of 24 December evening and the two following days are also holidays ...........

now i have some questions:

* Are the shops open on Sundays?
* Here in Germany is beginning a school year in September and ends in June (here in Bavaria) as it is with you?
* We will release all states to each other's holidays. What about you?
Google Übersetzer für:SuchenVideosE-MailTelefonChatUnternehmen
Über Google ÜbersetzerSofortübersetzung deaktivierenDatenschutzHilfe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:21 pm 
Paul Doll
Paul Doll

I have always been curious about the school system in other countrie especially when you watch an American show and they say 'so and so was in junior high'.

1. we have Maccas, KFC, Hungry Jacks, Wendy's, Donut King, we also have Red Rooster (which is Australian I think) it is chicken and fish simialr to KFC but tastes better and bit more expensive.

2. At age 3 kids attend Kindergarten for two years one or two days a week. Then they attend primary school, prep through to grade 6. Then they attend secondary school (also known as high school), grade 7 through to 12. Most kids finish at age 18. All are on seperate campuses.

3. We have Australia day here, which is Jan 26th, we also have Labour day which is the second monday in March. We have Anzac day (which is memory of our soldiers) on April 25th and the Queens birthday first monday in June. On anzac day they have dawn ceremonies and marches to honour our fallen soldiers from all wars.

Some of our shops are open on Sundays, mostly food shops and department stores.

Our school year starts late January/early Febuary and goes through to late december but they are two weeks holidays in April, July and October.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:29 pm 
Paul Doll
Paul Doll

Wow awesome responses everyone thanks!

Punky,
In the USA a lot of shops are open on sundays but will open at later times and close earlier. The postoffice is closed so some independent shops and most christian cemeteries.

In Chicago the rule is school starts the day after labor day (no idea whAt day that is lol but it is the first Sunday of September) and schools end in the end of June, usually the 18-25 Schools intue suburbs though Go by different schedules, usually august - may/June. There's summer school too for those who have failed classes or want to advance their grades. USA doesn't have schultüten though :( I wish we did.

I have another question, in text books in the USA European countries are shown as being stuck in the 80s, they show people in out of date clothes and bad hair (think feeling b) I was wondering, how is the USA shown in other textbooks? Are we shown at all? We aren't all cowboys! Lol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:49 am 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

@Punky:
Here many stores are open on Sunday, specially the big ones like super/hypermarkets, malls. Many of them are open even on legal holidays. People here do a lot of their shopping on sundays.

@dieNiete:
lol I haven't seen a text book since I finished school, many years ago, so I have no ideea how the people from the US are portrayed in those text books. But as long as there is television and internet and the will to know the truth, that's not that hard to have an accurate ideea of how both worlds really are. During the communist regime all western non-communist countries were portrayed as bad capitalists, making money on poor, hard working people's expense :D . No one believed this shit though.