Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Goodbye to Rosenrot?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:10 pm 
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)

I wanted to reach out to our members to get as many opinions as possible. So now is the time to speak up.

Rosenrot has, to date, an impressive run - starting out in 2006 and continuing to this day. But for the last while, it's been quiet - too quiet, it seems. I wonder, is this the appropriate time to say goodbye?

True, we've had our lulls in action before; and we've had supportive comments saying that despite the influx of Facebook, etc. people said they preferred the fact Rosenrot is a forum with many different sections.

If members would like to continue enjoying Rosenrot, we'll continue for another year - and we will also ask them to contribute what they feel they can toward the cost (as per the past few years).

So, now is the time to have your say. Would you like Rosenrot to continue, or not?

Post subject: Re: Goodbye to Rosenrot?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:09 pm 
RichBitch
RichBitch

I would very much like for it to continue
I post as often as I can, it is easier from my laptop, especially to post pics but I log on all the time
There will be more activity once the band is on the road again, when Rammstein in Paris is on and there is a new album coming out so I think now is actually a great time to continue
I will contribute as best I can to the costs but let's keep it going :hug: :hug: :heart: :heart:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:14 am 
Paul Doll
Paul Doll

I second what the other Andrea said. I am pretty sure we are just in a lull at the moment, I am sure things will start to pick up once Rammstein in Paris comes out and then more so after the tour starts. As for posting, even as I am posting this from my phone I will agree strongly that it is easier to post from a computer however I, too, frequently log in.

Not actually a Till girl...Paul crept in and captured my heart. ♥

Avatar comes from here: http://asdxxx987.deviantart.com/art/Paul-7-498449973

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:45 am 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

I think it should continue as well it would be sad to see it go but if it must I would understand. Even if it has been quite I still,like looking back at all the sections. I try to post on my phone but its annoying and my laptop sucks so I will try to,post as much as I can on my phone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:28 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

I would love to see the forum continue! I have noticed that it has been awefully quite for some time now, but agree with the above, that the movie and the tour will probably stir up some activity again.

By the way; when will the next donation be?
And Beekay - u know, that if you can use my help in any way, please let me know :hug:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:35 pm 

^ I will, thank you!

I'm really happy to hear that you all would like Rosenrot to continue on! No, I'm delighted! Please keep the comments and feedback coming. I want to hear it.

For those who would be able to make a financial contribution to the cost of keeping Rosenrot running, just PM me for my PayPal account.

Again, thank you for your feedback :hug:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:12 am 
Berliner At Heart
Berliner At Heart

I would like it if Rosenrot continued. It would be a real shame if all the work people have put into it over the years just disappeared. I've said before, that even if activity is low, it's a great archive for stuff.

I've always preferred forums over facebook and stuff. This has always been the best forum to really get to know other fans and I've made some good friends over the years and met some of the members.
There are other good forums, but they are in other languages and not everyone can join for that reason.
This s the only place I would share my fics and I like that it's not okay to harass or make fun of other fans (for meeting R+ , for being too ugly to be at the parties and so on. Very common attitudes.)

Personally I don't have that much time for RR anymore. It was different when my work and my hobbies where all by the computer, I didn't have that many places where I needed to be and I didn't hang out with that many people. Even though I was busy often, most things where still right there by the computer.
Now I work in the church, I study, I meet lots of people everyday, I hang out with friends in different places, there is always something going on and I always have somewhere to be. And I love being busy this way. Later this year and next year I will have even more duties in the church and more studies/training.

I haven't even turned on the computer much lately, I check most things on my galaxy tab. Not ideal for moderating though...twice I've accidentally erased a post instead of editing or replying to it. :sped: Resizing and uploading pics also doesn't work. Also, it takes quite a lot of time and energy to find pics, resize and upload them. Time and energy I don't have anymore.

I haven't really seen the same interest in following the band anymore. There are not so many new photos, even from fans and people didn't follow the last tour the same way they used to.

I also won't be able to contribute much with the costs this time, not at the moment. Business was slow in December and January and I have other really important things to pay for as well. I'll be able to pay for maybe one month, maybe two, not more.

I'm really happy about all the things I've learned through this forum, all the lovely people I've got to know and that I was given the chance to help out. So I would love for this place to continue, but I can't contribute as much or be as active anymore. It's a shame, but life changes all the time.

I would really hate to lose contact with the people on here. I know some of you on instagram, but not all.

It would also be fun to see what happens when the DVD comes out and when the new tour starts. Which concerts people are going to and reading about their experiences. :)

A big thank you to BeeKay for being willing to keep it up all these years. :hug:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:35 am 

@ Kettenhund: I'd like to take this opportunity to give sincere thanks for all of the many contributions you've made over the years - THANK YOU! :hug: :hug: No one is expecting you to bear most of the costs of keeping Rosenrot open. I'm hoping that many will contribute toward the next year of Rosenrot.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:57 am 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

That was a very lovely message kettenhund and yes things do change but that means the rest of us will have to step up our game. I just how it will be enough to keep things going on here and it's also nice to come here because I'm the only rammstein fan in the little area that I live in so it's nice to come here and talk to you guys

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:10 pm 
(mod)
(mod)

I hope Rosenrot will continue and I will contribute. I haven't been on that much due to medical conditions . Don't want to bother you all with the details but in short I'm
on oxygen supply for 24/7. Feel much better now and time will tell if I can go without again. Hope to contribute more to the threads again :)
@ Kettenhund, Love the way everything turned around for you :hug: :hug: Still hope you have time every now and then to keep us posted of your Berliner life :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:10 pm 

What a lovely reactions here!

Im still a newbie here but dont stop this forum please!
I love to read al the information on this forum and I think many people agree with me :)
I want to contribute some money but I dont have so much but I hope I can contribute some money :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:00 pm 

Just a reminder: To date, no one has yet PMed me for my PayPay account to contribute to Rosenrot's upkeep for the next year.

It costs (currently) $26.95USD (subject to USD fluctuations when paying in Cdn $) each month. If you'd like Rosenrot to continue, then please consider making a contribution toward it. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:04 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

I will contribute
Have pm'd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:16 pm 
(mod)
(mod)

I did as well :rrflag: