Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: USA Election 2016
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:59 pm 
Tillicious Girl
Tillicious Girl

well, this is it. Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump :um: don't know how to feel. i hope everything turns out okay :?

Love is like a flower, even the most beautiful kind dies ~ Till Lindemann

Post subject: Re: USA Election 2016
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:20 am 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

Yeah me to Don't even know who im going to pick or write down

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:37 pm 
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)

I have a feeling that many will be holding their noses while voting for one - simply in hopes that the other one WON'T get elected.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:56 am 
Tillicious Girl
Tillicious Girl

:shock: well, it's official. Donald Trump is the next president of the United States... god help us...

Love is like a flower, even the most beautiful kind dies ~ Till Lindemann

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:43 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Today has ben surreal to me. I honestly didn't think it would happen.
And its mot that Im a glowing Hillary-fan. It's that Im really anti-trumph. I am very curious to see, what's going to happen from now on. He'll have a tough time getting all of his election-promises carried out IRL, as he'll have to cooperate and negotiate like everyone else before him :)

Last edited by Kirse_till_kirse on Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:51 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Hello guys, my name is Taylor. I no longer feel too safe. Does anybody here live outside of the US? I'm seriously looking to make a move and need some suggestions on places that are safe for gays and black people.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:26 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^ I think u need to relax and wait and see what happens. I think a lot of what Trumphsaid during the campaign is just gonna be all talk and not that much change. He is not a dictator, just a very opinionated person. :kiss: And he'll have to cooperate with a lot of people on a lot of stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:23 pm 
(mod)
(mod)

Yes I never expected him to win. Don't like Hillary either.So waiting how everthing will turn out. When everything was honest and fair , he is the rightfully president . My guess it was mostly talk to get voters. I'm sure it is my Dutch upbringing but to me the whole election bs is too bizarre for words.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:34 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

It's easy for you to say. But I'm taking the man seriously. I'm not going to "relax" when Trump isn't my biggest concern. He's just the PR guy for the US. I'm concerned about the racists who voted for this man. Anyway, like I asked before... Where's a good place to live abroad?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:28 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^apologies. Didn't know my comment could be interpreted as being harsh. Wasn't my intention to provoke.
But what has changed since yesterday? Other than now we know that a lot of ppl voted for Trumph? And, potentially, are racists. Or maybe they just sympathize with some of the other crazy points made my Trumph during the campaign.

I will leave it to others to comment on potential countries.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:12 pm 

I thought he came across very well in his speech, who-ever wrote that one for him did a good job. It was entertaining to watch as well with that young boy behind him making startled faces every time a flash went off, yawning and looking on the verge of collapse due to sleep deprivation. The news reports here, kept cutting back to an empty stage at the Clinton 'victory' party and interviews with tearful Clinton supporters who'd been in the hall all day and had just been told to go home and get some sleep after her no-show. As a non-American observer, it was pretty riveting stuff and I had to laugh when I heard that the second most googled word in the states yesterday was 'Emigrate'. Richards profile has probably never had so many hits, I wonder if he woke up this morning to find he'd sold out of key-rings. He's probably in his studio right now stripping the strings off every guitar in sight to meet the unexpected demand for bracelets.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:58 pm 

So, a couple of days on, how is everyone Stateside?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:26 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

I was pretty surprised at the outcome of the election. I honestly did not think he would win. I personally really do not like him at all :brr:
@fuckyeahtill sorry you do not feel safe. Personally I would wait it out a bit and see what happens, however if you are definitely decided on moving, there are many places to consider. I am a South African living in Cape Town in South Africa. It is a very accepting country to both black and gay people. Gay and lesbian couples can marry and adopt children without a hassle. Economically we are not growing as we should due to severe government corruption and unrest, however there is a large emphasis placed on black economic empowerment and small business growth. I'm not sure what your line of work is but certain high skilled professions are favoured such as doctors, engineers etc in terms of granting visas. You can do well in starting a business here if you have some capital to invest.
It is a beautiful place to live but not without its own challenges. Look far and wide though, the world is a big place.
With that being said, I don't want to feed into a sense of panic and fear. I still believe you should wait it out a bit and things might not play out as badly as you may have expected.