Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So, Britain Voted to Leave
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:53 am 
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)

Britain voted to leave the EU.
What are your thoughts? If you live in an EU country, would you like to see your country vote on whether to stay or leave the EU - and why?

Live a cruelty free life - go vegan.

Post subject: Re: So, Britain Voted to Leave
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:49 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

I have seen some of the posts on social media by Britons and I have sensed a lot of fear and uncertainty over the results of the referendum. In fact, those that voted "stay: are devastated and very worried.

I'm sure that in terms of immigration, the value of the pound, the NHS, free movement of people etc, a lot hangs in the balance. As a South African, I do not know enough about the intricacies to have an informed opinion of what may happen. Many expatriates living in Great Britain are very worried about what this means for them and their futures and it is not yet certain how this will affect them.

As in any times of instability and turbulence, there will be fear and uncertainty.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:13 pm 

I think it's best to consider that this wasn't a knee jerk reaction, but rather a situation reached after many years of fear and instability. People forget that that The UK is a relatively small island and that once people arrive they tend to stay as opposed to mainland Europe where people pass through, continually moving and crossing borders. At grass roots level this has a devastating affect as there just aren't enough people paying taxes to support everyone and maintain the infrastructure required to keep afloat. I think it speaks for itself that as a nation they are prepared to face recession rather than continue with things as they are .

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:35 pm 

I live in Britain and most people that I know are devastated by the result. The right wing press did is best to play on people's insecurities about immigration and unfortunately there are a lot of not very bright people here who bought into it. Already there has been a rise in racist incidents over the last 24 hours as members of the far right have decided that it is now acceptable to tell immigrants that they are not welcome anymore. Sad times for Britain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:01 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

^I saw that in numerous news reports and examples of posts that were shared online. Groups of people are being targeting heavily by racism and told that they will have to pack their things and leave. There are immigrant children in schools who are scared because they are worried they will be deported back to war torn countries. It is sad indeed, however, I feel that most Britons do not truly want this and as it is in many societies there are always right wingers who resort to this type of behavior. One certainly hopes that it has not and will not become violent as it did here during the xenophobic attacks on foreign nationals running businesses and working in South Africa.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:34 pm 

I can't get over the doofuses who are now continuing to howl about either: Wanting ANOTHER vote (because they don't like the results of the first one) and/or; wanting to rescind the results of the initial vote.

Heck, you might not like the results (and i have sympathy, as I don't like our (relatively) new PM who was voted in), but you have to accept it. If you could just have another vote (and keep voting until you get the results you wanted), what's the point of voting at all? :um:

Live a cruelty free life - go vegan.