Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: The WTF News Thread
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:11 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

There is absolutely NO reason whatsoever to put any animal down unless it's the only option ie. when an animal is sick because there are enough places in this world that can sustain wildlife and what us humans need to do is realise that our entire species started because of animals that died because of us. Kinda like dogs, as the dogs that are classed as dangerous are not born dangerous, but are bred and/or owned by people who think that dogs are status symbols. Can be similar for cats, and I know that because I have 2 cats and one of them was kept in a kitten mill for 9 years of her life and now she gets the love and affection that she was deprived of for the entire time she was being used as a kitten-making machine (that's the best way to put it).

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:58 am 

1:- Some animals are obligate carnivores, and may have the hunting ability bred out or restricted. Thus, another animal must be killed to feed the carnivore. Trying to force vegetarian or vegan diets on an obligate carnivore is nothing short of abuse, they will not survive.

2 - Should be and actual reality don't always mesh, and really don't here. What should be done with meat chickens who don't always look physically sick but are falling over dead due to heart failure. That's strictly bred by humans, so not a natural mutation. Then, reality - there aren't enough homes for all. Some must be euthanized to not have more than can be cared for. There's space, money and time for one, there are three today and two coming tomorrow. You can't get more time, space or money. You can't turn away any animal, so they keep coming in. Thus, most expensive, ones that require additional time and care and those unlikely to be adopted are euthanized. That's the reality of a public shelter. Ours aren't bad in the area, but they are full. Turning domesticated animals loose is worse. Feral animals don't survive, and strays can have it worse. Peaches would have had an extremely horrific death had she not moved in.

Not so much a disagreement in ideal reality, but I've long given up on ideal and accept best effort possible. But, there are excess numbers because people are generally stupid and frequently suck, and as of now, the only effective means of handling the extreme excess is some healthy animals will be euthanized. These aren't wild animals in any form - that's where we split. My dogs have no clue dinner isn't served in their bowls always. They can chase, but don't do much else for hunting. Ollie's an inbred, mutated kitten factory before us. She's got no skill for hunting, she's got no clue what outside really is nor the physical ability to be outside. Domestic animals and human imprinted wild animals =/= wildlife. Bears used to easy meals from careless people frequently turn dangerously close to aggression, and will be killed if near people. Even though that's all on humans.

Still, I'd rather face off against an aggressive bear than moose (who don't stop or swerve charges and are heavier than bears) or mountain lion (who are scary dangerous and don't do any bluffing).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:14 am 

http://jezebel.com/dude-raises-160k-on- ... 1522143594

Seriously, Ms Writer? Some guy is just horrible and immature and a pig because he makes fun of slaughtering goats in your lap. Bad, oppressive male making disrespectful, sophomoric jokes about the slaughter.

But, erm. I am not a car. I do not have an undercarriage. There area is your vulva, the open region is your vagina, the blood and tissue are originating from you uterus. Let's be mature, reasonable adults and not use middle school jokes.

But, thanks for the link. I funded. Times three. Because, hey, got to warn hubby. Ok, warning is just that it's time for those towels.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:17 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

Totally bizarre
The real question is...why?

http://www.health24.com/Parenting/Fertility/News/Man-expecting-quintuplets-discovers-his-girlfriend-not-actually-pregnant-20140326

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:58 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^^ WTF indeed.

^ I thought from the title that he was the one who was expecting.

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:30 am 

Um, really is all I can think.

I don't get people. Ok, she may have issues that make her believe in her claims. But, how does a partner miss out on the apparent lack of complications that are all but the norm in multiples.

Then again, a former classmate has her husband convinced the kid is his, yet when she got pregnant, he'd been jailed with no contact visits for almost 4 months. Either people are dumber than a box of rocks, or are so dependent on a bad relationship that I want to throw the rocks at their head in hopes to knock sense into them.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:47 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/ea ... 11733.html

I just don't see the link between football and childbirth.

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:35 am 
Berliner At Heart
Berliner At Heart

This is seriously WTF news. :? :shock: http://www.expressen.se/gt/brinnande-ma ... dad-i-kil/

I apologise, but I can only find it in Swedish, so you'll have to use google translate. Anyway, it says that a man was seriously injured, after he was found walking down the street burning. :shock: He, his body, was completely on fire with big flames and he was walking around for a while. Fire department got calls about a burning man walking around in the streets and so far they have not been able to figure out what happened, but they have found some stuff in a nearby area and are suspecting someone was trying out some stunt that went wrong.
This was in the province where I live, not so far from my town.

It's a horrible thing, but I could not help but think of R+ when I first saw the headline: "Burning man found walking down the street."

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:24 am 
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)

^ That IS extremely, disturbingly odd. The first thing on my mind was that this poor man likely has major mental health issues. Let us know if there are any further news articles please?

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:31 am 
Berliner At Heart
Berliner At Heart

^ I will if I find something more. There should be something in our local news about it so I'll keep checking.

Edit: Okay, since I posted the article the police say they are now certain that no crime has been comitted and that noone else did this to him. They also say they know he started burning in the stairway of the house he lives in. He is still alive but severely burnt and they don't know if he will live. But they are still trying to figure out what happened.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:10 am 

@ K: Very bizarre and very sad story, for sure...

Covicted woman killer (twice!) on Turkish game show:

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/05/09 ... two-women/

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:01 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^ If he murdered 2 women, then why was he allowed to go on a dating show? WTF to the high nines.

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:30 pm 
Celtic Kruspe Addict
Celtic Kruspe Addict

Location: On the banks of Loch Ness dreaming of a Kruspy Cream.....
Oh nooooo...not that building!!! :shock: :shock: Charles Rennie Mackintosh's 105 year old Glasgow School of Art went of fire this morning...hours before the final year students were due to submit their end-of-year degree projects. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-27541883

Oh I really hope they can save it.....& salvage as much of the students artwork as possible. It's such an important & magnificent building in our city. :um:

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:24 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^ I heard about that. Sad indeed.

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:27 pm 
Berliner At Heart
Berliner At Heart

^^ It's always so sad when historical buildings are destroyed. :( I'm glad they are able to save it. It really is a beautiful building. I feel sorry for the students who lost their works. :(

Fires are terrible. Just recently, one of the old wooden buildings in my town, from the 1700 hundreds, was burnt down by someone. It was completely destroyed, but they managed to keep the fire from spreading to the next old building.

The news about the burning man I posted: They arepretty sure what happened. The man was a severe alcoholic and had been drinking methylated spirits. He got it on his clothes and then lit a cigarette and caught fire. That stuff ruins your brain and can kill you. They say he was probably not quite aware of what was going on. That's why he ended up just walking around. Last thing it said about him is that he is pretty badly burnt but will survive.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next