Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1047, 1048, 1049, 1050, 1051
 Post subject: Re: What are you doing now? II
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:02 am 
Berliner At Heart
Berliner At Heart

Happy Easter to all of you! :hug: :hug:

Wanted to share this with you for Easter. This is my church, Herz Jezu (Sacred Heart) in Prenzlauer Berg.

It's quite a unique church. I feel so lucky that I get to both work and worship here. This beautiful place is a part of my daily life and our lovely, kind priests and the nuns are both my colleges and good friends. I know so many in the congregation as well and it's always a good feeling coming there and seeing so many familiar faces. I thought about that a lot this Easter. Last year I was new in the church and didn't know so many people when I was there for the celebration, now it was like being there with my family. ^_^ :heart:

Herz Jesu is actually one of very few churches in the world where the crucifixion is not the center of attention, like over the altar. Here instead you are greeted by the risen lord who welcomes you with open arms.
I thinks it's pretty symbolic that I ended up in this very church, because it's very much the way I've been greeted here in Berlin, both by our friends and the congregation and everywhere we go in the city.
It made me laugh once when I went directly from church to my favourite restaurant. As soon as I walked in through the door, I walked right into my friend Arnaud's open arms and another friend who works there once pulled me into the restaurant with a big hug. All love. :heart: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:20 am 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

Thats a beautiful church

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:23 pm 
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)

K: What a beautiful Church!

Just back from visiting very close friends - and now sitting with Dida on my lap, waiting for my laundry to dry and coffee to brew!
:coffee:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:38 pm 
RichBitch
RichBitch

Having breakfast and coffee at work between clients :coffee:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:50 pm 

I went yesterday to the fair!
This is a Booster. It is 60 meters high. I was one of the few people that was not frightend haha!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:39 am 

^ You could not PAY me... :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:56 am 
Berliner At Heart
Berliner At Heart

^ What BK said... :shock:

Haha, wow... I was always totally afraid of most kind of rides at the fair. Can't handle them. :lol: You're brave, Maureen.

Just had my coffee :coffee: and will go out for a walk shortly. Saturday is market day in our neighbourhood, so my husband and I usually go there for a glass of wine and something to eat, or we buy fresh vegetables and flowers. Later tonight we will go to our favourite restaurant for dinner and meet our friend who works there. It's asparagus season in Berlin, so I definitely look forward to dinner. :drool:
We won't be seeing our friend for a while, because Monday my husband I go on holiday for a few days, Tuesday our friend goes away. In the beginning of May I will be busy with the new study group at the church and my friend will be planning his 60th Birthday, so we won't get to hang out for a while.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:23 am 

Hahaha its not so scary but thank you :lol:

Its also asparagus season here, but I didnt eat it yet. They are so expensive here. Have fun at the restaurant!

Today im gonna ride my horse and my boyfriends little brother wil stay here for a night :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:28 am 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

I don't like heights very much so probably not I would just watch other people scream lol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:22 pm 
Berliner At Heart
Berliner At Heart

About to take a shower and then off to bed. Have to pack and get ready tomorrow, because I'm taking the train to Schwerin in the afternoon. :yay:

It's been a long and emotional day, mostly really good. Today was my first day as the main reader (Hauptlektorin) for another church. Father Pierre assigned me this duty a little while ago. I had never been to that church and didn't know the congregation, but the man who showed me around and did a sort of short training with me, he was so kind. Some of them have been readers for a long time but Father Pierre still picked me. :o It's an honour to have this duty and people were happy about it.
We celebrated the Patron saint of the church today and then we had breakfast together with the congregation afterwards.

Then came the sad news... Father Pierre will have to go back to Rome in August. :cry: I'm going to miss him so much. He too has become such a good friend and is almost like an older brother to me. There is chance he might come back and work in Berlin again in a few years, but it's still sad he has to leave.

My husband had to work all day and I tried to go to the flea markets, but... the weather was just sh*t for most of the time, so I went to my favourite restaurant instead. The people there are lovely too. I know most of the staff and they are such sweethearts. :kiss:
When I was going to leave, my friend Arnaud scooped up me and his friend Mara into a hug at the same time and held us in his arms. :lol: :heart: Mara is a good friend of mine as well and I know her thanks to him. I told my husband that if I have red lipstick on my face, it's because I was smooshed together with the waitress. :rolling:
There is so much love in my life nowadays. :heart:

At the flea market, the short time I spent there, I bought a gorgeous photo print :heart: and then talked to my friend the wine seller for a while. He was a bit sad that I left after just one glass, but I didn't feel like freezing my *ss off in the rain, even with good wine and his company.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:22 pm 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

If you had more wine you wouldn't have been able to feel the cold lol

Dont want to go to work tomorrow I have to work this weekened and its going to be so nice to

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:16 pm 
Berliner At Heart
Berliner At Heart

^ No way, when it's cold it's just cold and an bad and yucky and alcohol makes no difference. :lol: Plus, getting drunk at Mauerpark is a bad idea, that place is it's own little universe. :rolling:

I'm sitting in my hotel room... that turned out to be a flat. I don't know how that happened, because the flat cost like no money. :lol: If you wanted a place like this in Berlin, Stockholm or Hamburg, Paris, Madrid... you'd have to get yourself at least one more job.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:21 pm 

Finally sitting down to a really late lunch - I'm starved! Today is the first day I feel much better from my killer cold. :) I still have a runny nose, etc., but no longer feel like death.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:30 pm 
Berliner At Heart
Berliner At Heart

Hopefully I can sleep shortly. Just a quick warm shower, then off to bed.

I feel worn out in the head today. :lol: Thursday evenings is the day when they have the new introduction to theology class, so ten evenings when we eat together and talk about Christianity and our thoughts about faith. On top of my other duties in church I also had to be an interpreter today for the two guests that didn't speak German. So while the priest have the lecture in German I had to repeat everything in English. You have to listen carefully and switch to English while he is talking, it's pretty demanding sometimes, but still fun. We always have fun with the people at church.

We got to meet a nobleman today as well. The parents of our French priest were visiting and his father is the current Count Goulard de Curriaze. Pretty cool. :D

Had to book a table at our favourite restaurant as well. My husband's colleagues from Latvia are coming for a visit on Tuesday, so we are eating dinner together at a famous location.

And we also planned a birthday gift for our friend Arnaud. He will be 60 tomorrow. We wont celebrate though, because he took off to Madrid for a few days. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:21 pm 
Paul Doll
Paul Doll

Avoiding homework, I am so struggling with motivation. :? :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1047, 1048, 1049, 1050, 1051