Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: German stuff you own
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:09 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Location: SFV, California, US; snuggled between Richard and Paul....Ooo Flake, come here! <3
Come on down and share whatever stuff you own from Germany. It can be anything. :)

Last weekend I went to a German deli in Glendale, CA, USA that sold a German newspaper. I couldn't leave without buying it.

A better view of the headline:

And this is a piece of the Berlin Wall with certificate of authenticity. For those of you that have me on FB, you've already seen this one.

More pics to come!

Post subject: Re: German stuff you own
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:00 pm 
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)

^ That's so cool! :D Looking forward to more pics!

Hmmm....I'll have to think about what stuff I have around here that's from Germany. I *know* it's not my ex-husband - I got rid of *him* a LONG time ago :lol: :brr:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:47 am 

Interesting thread, I never thought, that in America is offered a newspaper in german.
It's unnecessary, that I'm posting there some pictures, because everything, that I own is in german.

But thumbs up for the newspaper and the piece of the Berliner Mauer

It will be continue..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:11 pm 
Berliner At Heart
Berliner At Heart

I think this thread is a good idea. :D I have a few German things, mostly books. I have a lot of books a about Berlin and the DDR in both German and Swedish, and of course some about R+ . Some I have bought when I‘ve been in Berlin, others I have ordered from Germany.

These are the Germany shelves in my bookshelf.

Berlin, DDR and Berlin wall.

Rammstein and Feeling B.

Some of my books…

DDR, a faraway land.

Traditional East-German food and baking, I use these sometimes to make the food I grew up with.

Everyday life in East-Germany, pictures from the largest private family album from the DDR.

This one was banned in the East, cause it showed pictures of illegal punk concerts in Prenzlauer Berg. (Feeling B)

Photo book of Prenzlauer Berg then and now. Great book if you want to see exactly how run down, broken and dirty this part of town used to be.

A series of books called “Our childhood in the GDR”. They are childhood stories and personal photo albums from people who grew up there. I love these, they are so cute and fun to read.

A road trip through the East just after the wall fell.

User manual for Berlin. A guy who grew up there writes about the feelings, smells and impressions that help you get to know the city.

Some soaps and a very East-Berlin style postcard that Cornflake sent me from Berlin. ^_^

Some very Berlin style postcards I bought myself last time I was there. It’s Tacheles and Prenzlauer Berg - after the wall fell.

A bag I bought at Frankonia, a shop that sells mostly traditional Bavarian hunting clothes (and handbags… :? ) , and a mascot from the Mini Cooper showroom. :heart: Both on Friedrichstrasse in Berlin.

Some postcards my relatives sent to Sweden before the wall fell. Two are from West-Berlin the other one from my family’s hometown in East-Germany, Wolgast. And my mother’s West German passport that she got when she left East-Germany with her family. She could not be a Swedish citizen for many years and they also lived in both Hamburg and Sweden.

The address in DDR. Pretty cool.

My East-German system camera, made in DDR 1987. Takes excellent pictures.

Pieces of the Berlin wall, bought in Berlin.

Starbucks Germany, bought in Berlin. I love Starbucks, so I had to have one. The chocolate is Dutch though. :lol:

The stuff I bought first time I went to Berlin.

A book I bought in Aachen when I lived there a few weeks. It’s a novel about a family in the DDR.

Okay… I think I’ve been spamming the thread enough for now. :blush: Hope you don’t mind.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:55 pm 

^ What an interesting and lovely collection of keepsakes!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:51 pm 
(mod)
(mod)

:bounce: :bounce: Wonderful books :hug: :hug: I've the same DDR Kochbuch und Bachbuch. I loved that in the cooking book were a lot of stories and pictures besides the recipes.I've one about Trabants from the series as well, full of old pictures.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:46 pm 
Berliner At Heart
Berliner At Heart

^ I liked that too about the books. :D Loved the pictures of people's little gardens as well. I want to get a few more DDR photobooks next time I go to Berlin. I don't have any family photoalbums, so I have to borrow other people's photos. :lol:

I dug up some more German stuff I have at home. :P

My key thing I bought in Berlin last time. I wanted to put it on my bag, but I'm afraid to lose it cause I love this little thing. :heart: ^_^

For some reason I happen to own both a small coin collection and stamp collection and in there I knew I had some German and DDR stuff.

Stamps from the DDR.

Then I noticed that the album where I kept the East-German stamps was made in West Germany. (Suitable that Till's book ended up in the photo. :lol: )

Some coins from the first time I went to Germany many years ago. They are both West Mark (before the wall fell) and D-Mark (after the wall), which was exactly the same. They did not make new money when Germany was unified.

5 D-Mark, the biggest coin. This one from 1991
ImageImage

Around the side of the coin it says “Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit” (Unity and right and freedom) and there are tiny German eagles between the words.

1 D-Mark. From 1972 and 1979.

50 Pfennig, from 1950, 1983 and 1993.
ImageImage

5 Pfennig from 1991.
ImageImage

10 Pfennig, from 1950, 1972, 1986, 1989 and 1991.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:26 pm 

You've got quite a lot of gorgeous keepsakes. I especially like the stamps. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:19 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Location: SFV, California, US; snuggled between Richard and Paul....Ooo Flake, come here! <3
BeeKay wrote:
^ That's so cool! :D Looking forward to more pics!

Hmmm....I'll have to think about what stuff I have around here that's from Germany. I *know* it's not my ex-husband - I got rid of *him* a LONG time ago :lol: :brr:

LOL BK! :rolling:

K, I :heart: your collection! :heart: :heart: :heart:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:44 am 

^ Trust me, no one would want him :P

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:05 am 

Great, I can remember the good old Mark times!!

It will be continue..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:07 pm 
Berliner At Heart
Berliner At Heart

Time for me to spam this thread a bit again. :P I bought and got some more stuff last time I was in Berlin and I also ordered some stuff from Germany after new years.

Some of the stuff I bought.

A beautiful photo book with gorgeous black and white photos and some history about Beelitz, where MHB video was filmed. I find the place fascinating.

Another book about abandoned places in and around Berlin. Beelitz is in this one too (the stairway on the cover) and another location where R+ had a photo shoot. I like reading about abandoned places. The title means: “Ghost cities. Forgotten locations in Berlin and its surroundings.”
Recognise it?

Berlin guide for Berliners and visitors. “I am not a Berliner. Travel guide for lazy tourists.” Wladimir Kaminer is “the most well known Berliner.” He is a Russian writer and DJ who has lived in Berlin for a long time. He sometimes reads from his books at the Russian bar “Kaffee Burger” in Berlin. I like his writing a lot.

Starbucks Berlin mug. I have the Germany one as well and I love them both. Especially like the Berlin skyline on the back. :heart:

This is Krtk (kirtek). ^_^ He is a Czech cartoon mole that is the most beloved character in Eastern-Europe and the DDR. I grew up with him as well. He doesn’t really have a name, it‘s just “little mole”, except in East-Germany where he was named “Pauli”. I bought this one at the famous comic book store “Grosser Unfug” in Berlin. He can be ordered in the DDR shops, like Ossiladen. He is still very popular, especially in the East. :heart: :kiss:
Here you can watch and episode of the cartoon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH-NUBwhZ1k You don't need to know German, he doesn't talk, just makes little sounds.

Two different types of Fedora hats I got in Berlin. The red one my husband bought me for my birthday when we were at the Gendarmenmarkt Christmas market. The black, smaller one I bought myself in a proper hat shop on Kastanienallee in Prenzlauer Berg. Very good quality, both of them. A bit expensive, but well worth it. :heart:

My beloved and enormous Berlin photo book. :heart: The book weighs almost 5 kilograms. I looked at it when I was in Berlin, but it was too big and heavy for the suitcase, so I ordered it when I went back home. Amazing book with many interesting and beautiful photos from 1856 until today.
One of the creepiest photos in the book. Berlin right after the war. Every single building in this photo is completely bombed out.

“Every man dies alone.” By Hans Fallada. Famous book about some people who stood up against the Nazis. It’s quite a sad story and it feels more real since I know so many locations and have seen the brass signs with the names of the people mentioned in the book.

Some German € coins I had left after the trip. I especially like the ones with the Brandeburg gate o them. But I’m not too fond of Euros, all the cent coins confuse me and you end up having a kilogram in wallet eventually. :lol: I usually leave them all as tip at the cafés.

One of my friends who works at the hotel I always stay at left this card, wishing me a Happy birthday. Of course he forgot that he can speak German with me (since he always speaks English when my husband is around) and my husband had to give him hell for spelling Berlin with a small ‘b’. :rolling:
The card with the fish, is the event calendar for Eschschloraque bar. One of my favourite bars/cafés in Berlin. The strange name is not a real word, but it sort of means “Chlorine water fish”. Referring to one of the many monster sculptures in the bar.

Invitation to the New Years celebration at another favourite café/bar. Wohnzimmer in Prenzlauer Berg. I was not in Berlin on New Years still, but otherwise I would have celebrated there. It’s a great calm and cosy place with good food, drinks, cake and coffee and very friendly staff.

This is a hairclip. It’s quite big, so it suits my very thick hair and I thought it was super cute. :eee: I bought it at the Christmas market at Kulturbrauerei, Prenzlauer Berg. Best and cosiest Christmas market in Berlin.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:28 pm 
(mod)
(mod)

I always come back with loads of unusable 1 and 2 cents. We have the same Euro of course but we don't use those here. Shops refuse them. I'm so jealous :lol: In a good way. Love the books . The thick photo book is a gem and would love to look into Ich bin kein Berliner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:37 am 
Olli Dolly
Olli Dolly

Wow Kettenhund, that is an amazing collection you have!! So envious!! I have "Ich Bin Kein Berliner" as well, I love it: Wladimir Kaminer is so funny :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:27 pm 
Berliner At Heart
Berliner At Heart

^ I love Wladimir Kaminer's writing as well. So funny. I would love to go to Kaffee Burger when he reads from his books or DJs there. :D

Got some more stuff when I was in Berlin earlier this month, including the two most well known books by Kaminer. :P

My German football flowers ^_^ and a numbered piece of the Berlin wall, they are my favourites.

But also love these very Berlinian things. :heart:

Fridge magnets that say: "Berlin - everything is possible" and "Berlin loves you." The text on the key thing is a play on words. It's Berlin accent and says: "Ich bin eine Gute" (I am a good one/I'm great) but Jute is also the fabric it's made of, so it's also just: "I am a piece of burlap." :lol:

I also bought a jar of "Malzkaffee" when I was in Berlin. It's a tasty coffee substitute made from grain. :drool: Nothing specal really, but I love it and it was much cheaper than in Sweden.

(Okay, this is weird... when I preview the pictures I can see them, but not after I posted them. :? So let me know if they are there or not. I can't really find anything wrong with them.)