Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Achtung! i want to say you something
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:34 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

honesty i am sick of something. i am sich of it to say 60 years after that dark 12 years of german history. i write that lines because i met some canadians and amaricans in one group.

they told all the roumors, steriotypes, etc tells us an bunch of nazis i am so pissed of that because its now 60 years away we dont have anything to do with that and almost all people which were there are be in retirement homes

i am realy tired to hear that over and over again

Post subject: Re: Achtung! i want to say you something
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:39 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

:hug: :hug: :hug:
I'm really sorry people act like that. It makes me so angry when I hear such ignorance. Stereotypes are so hard to dispel, even after decades and decades. :?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:06 pm 

I am very sorry to hear that stereotypes are still being applied to Germans today. I am dealing with a particularly nasty English teacher right now who seems to have something against Germany and its citizens. It's getting really tiring listening to her bash everyone who is taking German in my class (basically I'm the only one), saying that Germany did "evil things and it's an evil country" and "I'm not quite sure that I'd want to live there even today." I've thought about really talking back to her, as Germany is a beautiful country and its citizens should be proud that it overcame the issues in its past to be one of the nicest countries today. I'm too chicken to jeopardize my grade though, as we are already on thin ice for unrelated things. (She is generally a douche bag about literally any controversial issue.) Was badmouthing libertarians, conservatives, etc, and I didn't want to hear it and I guess she picked up on this fact.

Anyway Punky, you probably know this already, but don't let those people get to you. They're sad and they have no lives whatsoever. You should be proud of who you are and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:20 pm 
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)

^ A teacher who impresses his/her personal viewpoints on students is NOT being a good teacher - and is likely violating the profession's code of ethics. Someone should report this teacher the the school and/or the School Board.

Live a cruelty free life - go vegan.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:33 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

i feel ya, punky.

i once had an american friend who visited me in salzburg.
before we met my friends he grabbed my arm and went "WAIT! do your friends know i'm a jew?" and i was like "no, why should they care?". he answered "oh. good.. i was just concerned as we are in austria and.. you know.."

i think most americans are still filled with stereotypes about german/austrian people. (no offense, we do have a lotta stereotypes about americans, too)
i think it's sad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:26 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

hey danke für die worte. :wink: that reaction of that guy is just :shock: . but i know you in austria have alot "evil musicians" like Christina Stürmer, EAV and DJ ötzi :rolling: (just kidding :hug: )

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:31 am 
Olli Dolly
Olli Dolly

PuNkY wrote:
hey danke für die worte. :wink: that reaction of that guy is just :shock: . but i know you in austria have alot "evil musicians" like Christina Stürmer, EAV and DJ ötzi :rolling: (just kidding :hug: )

Ohh she did "Ich Lebe"! That was the first German song I ever heard! and she has the same birthday as me 8)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:23 pm 
Paul Doll
Paul Doll

PuNkY wrote:
honesty i am sick of something. i am sich of it to say 60 years after that dark 12 years of german history. i write that lines because i met some canadians and amaricans in one group.

they told all the roumors, steriotypes, etc tells us an bunch of nazis i am so pissed of that because its now 60 years away we dont have anything to do with that and almost all people which were there are be in retirement homes

i am realy tired to hear that over and over again

I am really sorry you have to deal with such uneducated persons. You kind of expect a higher level of knowledge certainly in these days.. quite embarassing. :hug:

-D.H. Lawrence

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:35 pm 
Berliner At Heart
Berliner At Heart

I can understand that you are p*ssed off PuNkY. :hug:

I've had to deal with that a lot too. Growing up in Sweden in German family, with a German surname and speaking German at home, I was often accused of having a Nazi family and people would ask me if my family hated jews and so on... :roll: We even had people calling our house and yelling "S**g H**l" on the phone.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:13 pm 

That's really horrible that you had to suffer that kind of abuse. There's no excuse for it... :(

Live a cruelty free life - go vegan.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:16 pm 

I'm tired of hearing it too! I'm not even German, but a lot of people I know always say how they dislike Germans because they automatically associate Germans with Nazis. It's ignorance at its finest! And it's very sad to know people still think this way...

Cheer up though :) Don't let those ignorant people get to you...If anything, I think they're afraid of you because of the stereotype, lol... But either way, I'm sorry you have to go through that :(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:06 pm 

Ah, sorry you have to put up with that. ): People can be ignorant douches. I've even encountered a few in the States...but they're everywhere. Well if you're not going to let it be, then why be so partial? You decide to bash Germany for what happened 65 years ago...and continue to lay the blame on a people who for the most part were not even alive then, or very small. So why don't you pick on Russia, or Britain, or the US for what it did to the Native Americans or the whole thing with slavery, or any other country in the world (because we've all had our genocides and dark times, hm? So bash one...bash them all I say.)

My father and his family are from Germany. My mother is English, I have spent a lot of my life in Switzerland. I was fortunate enough to not encounter any such insensibility until I moved to the US...but that was mainly Rammstein-related. :lol:

Just ignore them. It is hard...it seems that the whole world will only remember those dozen or so years out of the entire long and interesting history of the country, and continue to judge it's citizens by it. :zap: