Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Deutsche Kultur
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:51 pm 
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)

^ I hope he at least enjoyed the kiss? (Poor guy!). :lol:

Live a cruelty free life - go vegan.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:48 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

hehe the karnevals days are lots of fun (not so much in munich as itis in clolonge but very cool) ihave made tarty too much because my voice is gone :shock: i cannot realy speak an word but i drink lots of tea than it will be better and it was realy worth it.

this year i had an selfmade costume on - it was an monster-metal-nurse-punk, with an rammstein bag and an huge black and red mowhawk wig :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:58 am 

Would love to see a pic!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:31 pm 
(mod)
(mod)

me too :D and with the R+ bag :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:30 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

i do some into the pics thread tomorrow :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:46 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

I know I`m late but I must say my opion to the article "Warum amerikaner......."

you can write the same article about Italian/Spain/greek people and German 8) 8) 8)
It was a new dimesion for me my firt time in Italy, I was 18 ( you see it was about hunderd years ago) and the family of my boyfriend ( later husband) was so polite and lovley it was a living nightmare for me.

Chapter one " How do you do"

Everyone will hug and kiss you , woman no problem , but men in white wifebeater, no shave and a wonderful smell of wine, cigaretts and sweat can you imagination my feeling.

After 50 hugs and kisses I have had enough and in the next time if a man will hug and kiss me and push him away with my right arm and shake his hand and smile friendly and say " Bon Giorno peaciare ."
and my boyfriend " In German the don´t kiss and hug" and all Italian make great round eyes and say " No I can´t believe this."
Same of my italian relativs respekt that I have an other cultur but this was only a few, the ohter all have the meaning that the italian lifestyle is the best in the world and you need no other, no matter what you feel or think.

and now the best, same are hardliner they pinch you in your cheek and this hurt and they smile and say " citccolina" this was horrible.

Next chapther "Eating and drinking"

In German if you say no , it is a no! no one will give you anything if you say no.
Italy

Rita ( wonderful person i love her) :what will you drink
I: Oh nothing
R: Limonata, orangiata
I: No I feel fine
R:Expresso,Capuccino
I:I dont drink coffee
R:tee camomilla (tea)
I: NO tanks everythings is all right
R take a glass water and give it to me.... 8) 8)

We sitting at the table dinnertime visiting relativ (andd believe my ex-husband have 200 relatievs)
The half of the meal I have never seen and I dont eat caldauen, singing birds oder tiny eals the look like Gach from the Clingons.
" What will you eat"
" Oh thank only a bit pasta, bread and cheese" while I´m looking on the head from the dead pork on the kitchensink.

Some dinner they put me the things on my plate I had no chance to say anything.
Then my boyfriend say spmething to his relativs and in the next years the cooked for me and later my children too , chicken and potatoes ( every time, 10 years long 8) 8) )

Chapther 3" Alcohol and Cigaretts"

I sit with 5 other women from 18- 30 in a kitchen we all smoking, we hear the door all woman, exept I, put there cigarett in the asher and say "It is your" 8) so I sit with one cigarett in my hand and 4 cigarett on the table there, for luck it was a other woman and not a husband or Boyfriend from the other women :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We playing cards

All men drink wine or grappa all woman drink water or fanta

Benito ( I like him)" What will you drink"
I: Oh you have Vecchia romana ( Cognac) I like this
B. Please, are your sure???????????? all womaen became great eyes
My husband laugh hard: Yes she is sure, give her.
B. give me the drink and look at me, I´m drink , and he is waiting that I do something stupid
B.: I cant belive this my wife will never ever drink that only amaretto and only one time the year.

later on I drank 2 more Cognac he was on edge that I was not drunken. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

A few woman drink sweet sparkling wine but I was really the only woman who drink wine and cognac there, a miracle. :champagne

After all this years I can laugh and I think for those people I was rude or strange but for it was a nightmarefor me.

I dont think that German are rude but no is no and yes is yes ( remmeber the bible 8) 8) 8) 8) ) and I talk about normal people freaks and nerds live everywhere.

I love the differnt in the culture this bring us together and talk and this is good.

Thx to RW

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:14 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Rita sounds like mother :lol:
When I visit her, it takes around 4 hours to get there. But she acts like I have been driving for days :lol:
Mom ~ "Are you thirsty?"
Me ~ "No, I'm ok."
"I have milk, some cokes, maybe a juice?"
"No, Mom, I'm ok."
"How about a sandwich? Or some cake?"
"Mother!" :lol:

Italy sound very friendly and wonderful :D
When I was younger, people seemed to hug more where I lived. Even when you first met them. Now they do not. It is sad actually ...

I have a little question :)
One of my books says that young women in Germany do not like to be called Fräulein anymore. That they prefer to be called Frau, even if they are younger and unmarried.
I was watching a movie with a German lady in it {or at least an actress playing a German lady, heh}. She is older, like in her 60's. At one point someone calls her Fräulein while teasing her about being such a pain in the butt {her character is a nosy woman}. I was wondering if they had insulted her by calling her that instead of Frau, because of her age.
Here, we call young women 'miss' and older women 'ma'am'. It is more about age than if they are married or not. However, in the south, where I live, people often call older women 'miss'. When I worked at the restaurant with many younger people, they would call me Miss Nikole, even though I am married. It's sort of a sign of respect. It's alittle hard to explain, heh.
I don't believe they do this any where else in the country, though I could be wrong :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:20 am 

^ Yes, the book is right. We don't use "Fräulein" any longer. If I remember correctly that was changed in the early 80's (at least in the FRG, in the GDR "Fräulein" was used until unification). The feminist movement had criticized that the use of "Fräulein" implied that a woman was only grown up and a real person when she got married. There was no diminuitive for "Herr" either and so the use of "Fräulein" was defined as sexist and therefore inappropriate to use.

Today it's rarely in use, but the understanding has changed a bit. There was the book "Fräulein Smillas Gespür für Schnee" (Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow) and Miss Smilla is certainly a very strong character - although she insists to be called "Fräulein". <g>

But, of course, you can - as in the story with the 60 year old woman - as an insult. Calling a woman that age Fräulein - unless she told you that's what she wants to be called - is very rude. It's another way of saying she's an old spinster.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:37 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Thanks! :D
I wasn't sure, because my book says so, but I have some German language cds and they still use Fräulein. Course it is easy to say, maybe that's why :wink: :lol: Actually it's probably some leftover stereotype, something no one realizes is no longer used :blush:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:21 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

I must say I have no problem with "Fräulein" if we call unmarried men "Herrlein" :wink:

To call a woman Fräulein can be insulting if you mean you are not able to find a man who marry youamd a woman without a man is nothing.

Thx to RW

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:23 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Herrlein :lol: It doesn't really roll off the tongue though, hehe
It is funny, because here we do not think of "miss" as a diminutive. And the first time someone calls you 'ma'am', you think: omg, I'm old! :shock: The first time someone called me that, I was 23. I thought, what a stupid kid, I'm not a ma'am! :? :lol:

Oh, Miss Raten, I forgot to say, thank you for clearing up that part about the movie as well. When I heard it, I thought, I think he just insulted her ... It's Last Holiday, btw. Now, not everyone in the movie is German, so it might be that the person that said it didn't mean it as an insult, but it fits so well with the scene, I think they did ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:42 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Onyx :You see a very differnt kind of view. 8)

Thx to RW

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:49 pm 

^ I thought "Herrlein" was cute...after all, if one can say "Fraulein"....why not "Herrlein"?
As far as "Ma'am" when I first got called that, like N, I too felt 'old'. Then again it was used as a more formal, polite term by a younger woman (a teen), so that was OK. And I guess as I was in my mid/late 20s, I WAS "old", compared to her! :lol:

I've heard "Miss" used as a diminutive, it's not uncommon. What is more unusual these days (as opposed to my parent's generation) is the diminutive term for a young boy - "Master". You never hear that anymore.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:18 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Optimists Are Idiots

I would be really interested in hearing our German friends' opinions on this article :)
It's umm, not on the Deutsch side of Spiegel as it's in the "German Survival Bible" and apparently Germans already know how to "survive" Germany ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:22 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Mayby the German has an fascination to the dark side, I think you know it all well remmeber Till´s lyrics it is a good example :wink: and to you love his lyrics??????

One of my favorit pics it call Melancholie and is from Düren.

The pic is like a lyric from Till full of methapher, symbols and free for hunderd differnt interperations..is this a woman a man or androgyn ???????????????

I think Germans are sometimes a bit too serious but not in the way the write in the journal.

Mayby half an loud, giggleing, enthuastic Amercian and half a doomy, silent , thinkfull German was a perfect person 8)

My opingion is together we can make the world a better place. ( to make a million dollar is not the important thing in this world :wink: )

Thx to RW

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next