Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Should We Start A New Religion?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0
 Post subject: Why Don't We Start A New Religion
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:38 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

We already have Christianity etc etc, so why don't we consider starting a religion of our own? Would be a good thing to do, and then we could express our mind freely and not have to worry about others being left out. As for the ideal topic, preferably sci-fi etc etc, aswell as understanding. Not just that, but if we can come up with some sort of Bible idea and have someone create a website for it etc (if there's anyone on here that knows how to build websites because I don't). Another topic could be darkness (incorporating dark elements), and that way people could be allowed to express their thoughts freely (though not go to the extreme because we all hear about what happens when that point is reached).

Note: If you say yes, be creative and come up with a few texts etc. If you say no, your opinion will be respected.

Quote from my own mind.

Post subject: Re: Why Don't We Start A New Religion
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:13 pm 
Rosenrot Donator
Rosenrot Donator

Location: In Till's Pants... and he's going to be SO angry when he finds out I've got them!
I'm a big fan of the LIFAD principle - Love is a universal human right between any and all consenting adults.

Love and tolerance for all!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:35 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Love and tolerance would be a good theme. Oh, and for people asking about heaven and hell, faff that because the dead have more say over us than the living, and when we do pass on, it will be the dead that decide what will happen to us. Lords? Don't need, as at the end of the day you can have more than one yet at the same time none at all, and besides, our favourite musicians, are our lords, as we worship them, and at the end of the day they have the power to make dreams come true and they also have the power to make you realise your true potential, aswell as the fact that you will not be alone because you share that faith with others, and your favourite musicians can be Christian, Muslim, etc etc (even Pagan), but that doesn't matter, as they make you who you are and to shy away from that, you could say it's a sin, as you should be who you are and not what others want you to be, because being who you are is far more important than trying to fit in because at the end of the day it's those that try to fit in that get the most criticism.

Money/Wealth...

He who owns everything yet greedily asks for more is as poor as poor can be because he does not know how to live. He who owns nothing yet wants for nothing, however, is stupidly rich, because he knows how to live and he can make the most of what he has got around him. Same with those who have things yet want not for the latest gadgets, as they know that making use of what they have is far more important than wasting money on something that will only be useful for 3 months. Doesn't mean you don't have to have at some point, as if you have worked hard for what you have got, then you deserve to have whatever you want.

Crime...

He who dares to do bad against a living being is nothing but an entity that deserves to have the same given back to him. It's not rocket science, as there are loads of murderers and whatnot who have committed their crimes in such a sadistic fashion that it's a wonder why they are still alive. Also, he who robs out of greed and not need, should have even the clothes on his back taken from him, and he who knowingly forces a young child to submit to sexual advances, should be made to remove the very thing that has brought despair, and if that child were his own, then he should automatically lose custody rights and not be allowed to appeal for fear that such things could happen again.

Women...

Women should be seen as sacred beings, and he who thinks of them only as vessels for children should be forced to go through the pain of pregnancy and childbirth. Also, he who lays even a finger on them, should be put into a cell with female wrestlers who will see that he learns his lesson.

Women should also not be afraid to go out in public and speak their minds, as she who speaks her mind might face criticism and whatnot but at least she speaks for the female race, and she who faces terrible danger because of it should know that those dealing the danger are men who secretly wish that they were women and cannot or will not go through the process of becoming one.

Sexuality...

Sexuality makes people who they are, and he who says otherwise is entitled to that opinion, though he who thinks that everybody is heterosexual should realise that not everybody is heterosexual, and if everybody was heterosexual, then the world as we know it would have died before 2000, because heterosexuality is the main reason why the world is overpopulated, and if we continue along that route then pretty soon we will not have a habitable world because everything will have been lost and we would have to resort to killing our neighbours in order to survive, and if we had a super-pandemic, we would not have the resources to live through it and come out scratch-free.

If you want to add anything else, feel free.

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:47 pm 
Paul Doll
Paul Doll

It wouldn't let me actually vote, but I vote no simply because it goes against everything I've been taught and brought up with.

Not actually a Till girl...Paul crept in and captured my heart. ♥

Avatar comes from here: http://asdxxx987.deviantart.com/art/Paul-7-498449973

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:28 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^ I respect your view, TFG, because I respect all forms of religion, though what we need is a religion that is suitable for all people. Plus, all of my idols in music belong to the Christian faith, as do some of my relatives, and my family on my maternal nan's side, have Catholic/Jewish etc, so you know, I've pretty much grown up with that stuff being put down my throat, and if I could choose between marrying a reliable Christian man or a trash-talking Atheist man, I'd go for the reliable Christian man, and yes, if I had the free choice, I'd convert (and yes, I do have a Bible)

Note to all: If the voting system doesn't work, feel free to reply with your answer. As said, I respect all opinions (aside from ultra-extreme types, as that's just taking the p in my books)

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:48 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

And I'm basically fed up with all things religion, so I'm out on this one.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:11 pm 
RichBitch
RichBitch

Although I might find some teachings within the existent ones resounding or interesting, I do not agree with organised religion, mainly for the hurt it has caused to people arguing over it since faith's first began (although saying this I will add that I respect any persons right to practice their faith and love their god) so starting another wouldn't appeal to me. I am my own god, I punish and praise myself where necessary, and I'm happy with that :)

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:54 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Understand both of you, and besides, who needs organised religion? Matter of fact, we already have a religion, and that religion is music. Concert halls are our churches, and the bands that we worship (even those we haven't seen) are the ones leading the services and afterwards we go home really happy (even happier if we got to meet said bands).

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:34 pm 
(mod)
(mod)

I'm with Nola here. I respect all religions and people that truly believe and live according to their believes. I've no problem with the religions , but I do have problems with how some are bent ( by men) to suit their own purpose.For the subjects you mentioned here like Love , tolerance, money and wealth, crime , women rights and sexuality, for me they have more to do with a way of thinking , way of life than religion. You don't need to have a religion to have morals and point of views.
Wouldn't your choice of man be the same if you cross out that Christian and Atheist? I would prefer a reliable one above a trash talking anyway , regardless the religion :wink:
I love music and going to concerts but worshipping.... no. Imo they aren't divine , Gods or necessarily good role models, just normal people with musical talent. Besides that I like to think for myself and not following blindly.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:04 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

^Excellently said, Colette :hug:

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:32 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^^ Same here, Colette. Besides, the men and talking sense... well... I have family members who are Christian and they talk a load more sense than some of the guys I used to go to work with who were Atheist. Besides, give me Jesus over football anyday of the week. However, I will admit, I have a different way of thinking, so if I skew things a bit, it's the Aspergers talking and not me and I don't worship my favourite musicians etc. If anything, I worship the genre that they play, which is mainly bluegrass, and I always follow the rule that if I like an artist I have to have found out about them myself (with no outside help) and it's good that all of the artists I like are good role models because 1) they don't do drugs (if they did then it was way back before my time, 2) they don't drink (if they do then it's not to the point where they're out of it), 3) they're down to earth, 4/finally) they don't sing about having sex with their entire road (Rihanna might ring some embarrassed bells)

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:29 am 

I dropped Christianity a couple years ago because of reading the Bible. I simply saw it as misogynistic, and asked my mum why the book was so centered on the male perspective. Then she told me that more books weren't added. I figured that it might have been because possibly women wrote them. I also haven't seen many great things come from religion. Living in the US, there are some people whom really do and act as their religion states they should. Most are highly judgmental as they don't know how to think for themselves it seems.

I don't dislike religious people at all. I just simply don't like how most act. If you're Christian, and proud to say it, please live up to your religion's good standards. If you're any other, please do as I stated Christians should.

I would vote no. There are simply too many dogmas in the world now. I also believe that you don't need to believe in a higher being to be a good person. Many wonderful people whom I know are atheists.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:45 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^ Most of my favorite musicians are Christians, and even though they all have different beliefs (pro-gay, anti-gay, etc), that doesn't mean that I am any more or any less of a fan, as I respect all opinions even if they are the polar opposite of mine. Bible-wise, there have been many different interpretations throughout the years, and also many different reasons why some books were not added, and the same goes for the Qu'ran and the Torah etc.

Quote from my own mind.