Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Marriage Equality
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:08 pm 
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)

^ That's an unfair and offensive characterisation, as you make it sound like *all* priests "pray" on small boys, which is not the case. The vast majority of priests work diligently and tirelessly on behalf of their congregations and some have even given their lives in times of conflict and war so that others could live.

Sadly, there are pedophiles in all occupations and in all walks of life - from a hockey coach to a "creepy" relative.

Live a cruelty free life - go vegan.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:11 pm 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

Yeah it wasn't meant to be a generalization, just an example of the contradictory and differing attitudes here in the UK. We need to have more unity, a consistency. There's so much division in this country that it makes legislating gay marriage a minefield. As Stonewall say,"Some people are gay. Get over it". The world won't end. It didn't when women got the vote, it didn't when segregation ended and it won't when marriage is made available to all. This is the 21st century - it seems so archaic that any inequality exists, but maybe I'm being idealistic.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:04 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Oh so excited!! Just found out that we are hosting our first actual GAY wedding in December. :bounce: We are one of the few places in the area that are licensed to hold civil ceremonies in our building, we do loads and they are always a great event. Roll on next month, I will be putting my name down to work. It's going to be great! :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:35 am 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

We had a funny moment at my brothers wedding. He was getting a civil partnership with his police officer partner and had decided to do it at Gretna Green. For those of you that don't get the significance, until you're 18yr in the UK, you need your parents permission to marry. Not so in Scotland, its 16, so traditionally young lovers would run away to Scotland to marry, and Gretna Green is the first town over the border. Word got around, and livestock teenagers have married there ever since.
Anyway, I digress.
So we all pitched up in the Car Park. At the same time, so did a coach full of Japanese tourists, obviously excited at having happened upon this wedding. After much whispering, one of the ladies quietly approached my stepdad and asked,"Which one bride?". They were so excited to see the bride in her wedding dress, we didn't have the heart to tell them that the 'bride' was, in fact, the 6ft 2in, thick necked, kilt wearing, loiks-like-a-cage-fighter brother of mine! My step dad just picked out the prettiest dress in the crowd and said 'her'...they were distinctly unimpressed, but it was way easier than explaining the truth!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:57 am 

My (overly simplistic) views on gay marriage

1 - Gee, my heterosexual marriage doesn't need defending. Maybe you should fix your own marriage if it needs defending.

2 - The obsessive worship of faux-lebrities and their quickie marriages then their quicker divorces is far more harmful to the institution of marriage than two average people who are in a healthy, happy relationship.

3 - The basis for prohibition is based on religious beliefs that are far from universal. In the US, prohibition thus violates our Constitution and the freedom of religion and the separation of church and state.

4 - Prohibition is typically with those who want a small government. Sorry, but even in a pretty boringly normal heterosexual marriage, I do not want a government small enough to live in my bedroom or uterus.

End run for me - if all are legally and mentally able to enter a non forced contract, I don't care what bedroom fun they opt for. My version doesn't work for all. So there's no way for me to say my way is the only acceptable way and everyone who disagrees or is uncomfortable with my way is wrong.