Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Diabetes and water into concert venues
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:12 am 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

Was a little lost where to put this :)

So, I am going to the Rammstein concert in Rome in July. As I have never been to a big venue abroad (I come from society of just over 300 thousand people) I feel myself a little lost when it comes to my question.

Can you take water with you into venues? Any experiences with that?

I have diabetes and have a nasty thirst because of it (both because of the diabetes and side effects of the medication). If and when I will be hot at the venue, dehydration will kick in really fast and I would prefer not to faint (at least until I get to squeal over Till Lindemann a bit).

So wise ones, I seek your advices :hug:

Post subject: Re: Diabetes and water into concert venues
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:45 pm 
Berliner At Heart
Berliner At Heart

I have only been a big concert once myself but I do know that some big arenas allow you to bring a bottle of water. Some have the restriction that the water bottle can not have been opened before you go in - just so that they can be sure that is just water in it.

Before the R+ concert in Globen they padded us down and looked inside the bags with a flash light before we could go in. One of my friends had a bottle of water with her and since it was unopened she could keep it. :) Also if you can prove that you need it for medicin or health reasons, then they usually allow you to bring a bottle of water pretty much everywhere.
If the venue has a website it should say what you can bring or not for different events.

At least that is what I have heard and experienced so far. Like I said, I have not been to many venues, maybe other countries are much more strict.

Hope it works out. :hug: Even at a distance the flames onstage are HOT! :lol: I was between the two stages and it still kind of hurt my face.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:55 pm 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

@Kettenhund Thank you for the reply! :hug:

It certainly relaxed me to hear this that there might be a possibility of getting an unopened bottle in because its not very glamorous to faint after looking forward for such a long time :D

I have a MedicAlert necklace on me 24/7 so that should prove something and I doubt many people would lie about having diabetes :)

Probably will contact the venue just to be on the safe side as it would suck to not get it indoors after lugging it with me. As you pointed out people are likely to roast so I doubt I will be the only one needing a refreshment :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:23 pm 
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)

^ I don't think anyone would mess with a Medic Alert bracelet. If anyone on the venue staff gives you trouble, I'd simply insist on speaking with the supervisor and/or First Aid attendant to continue the discussion! After all, would they want to be held responsible should you have a medical emergency?

Live a cruelty free life - go vegan.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:08 pm 
RichBitch
RichBitch

I think once you have a Medic Alert bracelet, you shouldn't have any problems. When R+ played the O2 here, we weren't allowed to bring in any bottles at all, we had to pay a fortune for bottled water. Mind you, once you were anywhere near the stage, security were great abut passing out cups of water. :)

27/2/2012 - Dublin.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:09 am 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

@BeeKay of course! Doh I didn't think of that :D I will just flash my tag in case :D Thank you :hug:

@NineTails Thank you for the info, I feel much more relaxed now :D :hug:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:57 am 

With your necklace, an explanation to why you really need the water and an unopened waterbottle you should be fine.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:34 am 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

Thank you Dolly :) Yes, I am feeling much more confident after speaking to you all here :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:16 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Two of the rules of gig-going are to make sure that you wear appropriate clothing due to the temperature inside AND outside, and if it's a metal gig with loads of pyros etc etc, have loads of water, which 1) I've had to do (been to concerts in ALL seasons), and 2) Should have thought about when I saw in Aberdeen for Iron Maiden. Also, if you know that you're going to be right up front, wear something that will get you noticed by the band (if you idolise someone that they idolise, that'll do the trick), and I know that because I've worn a t-shirt featuring Johnny Cash at 3 gigs (different t-shirts, I will add), and they got noticed at 2 of them with the concert poster one noticed by Marty and the Superlatives, and the iconic one (THAT one) noticed by Aly and Phil. Also, if you need medication etc, be sure to have it on hand because if you don't and situations arise then you could be in trouble as deep as a ditch filled with cow poo (that's a story for another thread)

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:31 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Hello,
I am a new member of the Rosenrot community, I just saw your post and I hope I am not too late in replying.
People already replied to you with lot of suggestion and they are all right: if you speak to anyone of security about your condition, I really doubt you will encounter any trouble.
The only thing I may add, as I live around Roma and I am also going to the R+ July's show, is that here July is a month of true hell, speaking of temperature.
So be prepared for it.
The season started already, today is unbelievably hot (I suffer the summer a lot, I guess I did born in the very wrong country) july will be even worst.
As I will be there anyway, I can maybe leave you my contact in PM (I know, I am fairly new here so it can sound strange but well, anything helps I think).
But believe me, usually people here are very kind and caring, I doubt you will find problems if you explain your condition.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:40 pm 

^ I'm curious - how hot can it get? I'm sure your temperatures would pretty much kill me... :(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:45 pm 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

@rammsteinfanatic Thank you for the tips :D I will most certainly have water with me and definitely some medication just in case :)

@Ombra No you are not too late, concert is on the 9th of July and I will go if I haven't melted away by then :P Sure, leave me your contact. It would be fun to get to know people in Rome as I am new here :)

@BeeKay it was 33°c in Rome today. The hot season is certainly starting and everyone is suffering. I'm afraid, from what I hear, that this is only the beginning.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:53 pm 

^ Oh no, that's TOO hot, even at 33! :brr:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:30 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

...and they say we will have 36 today.
I will melt ><

I will send you my number in PM!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:24 pm 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

So I went to the concert on the 9th of July in Rome and just wanted to let everyone know that it went great and I had no problems.
Thank you all that gave me advices, it eased my nerves about the whole thing :hug:

Concert itself was great fun.

I, the old lady, was in the mosh pit most of the concert where I was surrounded by very happy, slightly crazy and drunk Germans :lol: Sang along (lets face it, I howl when I sing) and probably lost half of my bodyweight with all the jumping around I did. I was close to the stage at some point and felt the flames a lot (kebab anyone?).

The guys were in great shape and the show ran like a well oiled machine. These guys know how to keep a crowd entertained for sure.

Bück dich was my highlight as I had made a bet with hubby that they would do it, he thought they wouldn't because of the closeness with the Vatican. I knew my boys better than that. So I was the proud owner of 100 Euros as soon as Till ripped Flake's pants down 8) In fact I laughed so much that Paul smiled and gave me a wink :eee: :eee: :rolling:

Anyway, a happy old lady that managed to have no health problems and enjoy myself immensely.

Thank you for all your advices, I really appreciate them a lot! :hug: