Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Always the dog, never the human...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:19 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

http://www.dogheirs.com/dogheirs/posts/ ... metal-pole

I am absolutely disgusted by this. The lowdown is that basically war vet Jeremy Aguilar left his service dog Dutch, a 4 year old American Allaunt, with his former owner to look after him while he and his wife drove a family member to the airport. There, Dutch was subjected to a cruel and vicious beating by this woman, for what seems to be absolutely no reason. Dutch took this beating until finally he fought back and defended himself, biting her on the bum and leg. Who can blame him? The poor boy was probably terrified! But now, now of course it isn't the woman in trouble, it's Dutch's life as he is now being deemed a dangerous dog. OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS, WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE? Do they not know what cause and effect means, and for every action you get a reaction? You cannot expect to beat up a dog and then smack him over the head with an iron bar and for him to do nothing in defense, which is solely how Dutch acted. He defended himself, and now his life is at risk? I cannot even begin to express how wrong I think that is. This is a service dog!!!!! A SERVICE DOG, for crying out loud! They have golden temperaments because in their line of work, THEY HAVE TO.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/590/736/ ... rvice-dog/

Please sign the save Dutch petition. Show this stupid court that this kind of persecution over an animal who did what anyone would do when being violently attacked, and defended himself, is not a worthy or valid reason for putting him to sleep.

Post subject: Re: Always the dog, never the human...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:22 am 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

In my opinion an animal is in full right to defend itself when someone is beating it.
Whats wrong in a world where the animal is bound to die for finally standing up and trying to stop the pain.
I hope that :...: of a woman will be charged with animal cruelty and that poor, poor dog will be saved :heart:

Signed and shared on FB

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:50 am 
(mod)
(mod)

Signed! What is wrong nowadays?She should be the one standing trial and psychological observation. Even worse , if Dutch is saved , will he still be the reliable friendly dog or has this abuse toward him made him suspicious of people for ever ( I wouldn't blame him)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:52 pm 
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)

Thank you so much for posting this, Nola. :hug: :hug: I've signed and shared on my FB a couple of days ago.

I want to know just where the f*ck these lawmakers/judges, etc. common sense is? WHY hasn't this brutally abusive woman not been charged with cruelty to animals?

Live a cruelty free life - go vegan.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:26 pm 
Rosenrot Donator
Rosenrot Donator

Location: In Till's Pants... and he's going to be SO angry when he finds out I've got them!
Speechless.

Just speechless.

:headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:02 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

I've just read some extra on this story, apparently a very conflicting piece of evidence has come out from the woman who Dutch bit. Details are here -

http://www.krextv.com/news/around-the-r ... 73301.html

Montrose animal control also released a statement about the attack, but I find it massively conflicting and am pee'd off because I cannot find it to link here at present. Basically it highlights the claims made by the woman which you can read in the link above. Okay, so if Dutch was in a fight with another dog, of course she had to go and break it up. BUT one thing that strikes me as strange is the comment she made about the metal pole she used to hit Dutch with. She claims the pole from a Tiki torch which she used to hit him over the head with bent immediately after the first strike, that the metal was too feeble and thus why she only struck him once with it. Okay...so if the metal pole was too feeble to hit him with, if it bent upon contact, can someone explain to me why it was covered with Dutch's blood? If it bent on contact then it couldn't have broken the skin, it wouldn't have been strong enough. Here is a picture again -

Hmmmm, hit him once with it, did you??? Hit him once, my left foot! The blood on there is enough to warrant a repeated beating with it. Has this woman never heard of a hose pipe? I do understand she had to act quickly to get these dogs to stop fighting, but a blast with some high pressured water right at them could have been more successful than clobbering him. Again though I do understand she had to act quickly. Then there's the part about him biting her. Why would he wait to bite her, once the attack was over? I've broken up a dog fight before, and I was bitten in the middle of it on the leg, not five to ten minutes after it had ceased. That struck me as odd, unless he bit her because he was still all pumped up on adrenaline after the fight, or scared, or a mixture of both.

It will certainly be interesting to see what else comes out with this. The Tiki pole claim is what strikes me most though, my picture evidence above shows that I don't think my suspicions are unjust.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:33 pm 

It's very "curious" that only now the woman is adding the story of the dogfight to bolster up her case. I don't believe her, as she tells these tales as they suit her. What happened to her dog with whom Dutch was supposedly fighting? I would think s/he was injured - so let's see pictures of the injuries. Better yet, did this woman even take her dog to a vet? Also, if Dutch and her dog had ALREADY gotten into previous altercations, then WHY did she allow them to be in the same yard - unsupervised - together?

I don't dispute her injury, but given that poor Dutch can't speak for himself, I'm guessing that the poor dog was beaten to such an extent that he reacted instinctively, simply to STOP the pain. What other way can a dog defend himself? An exceptionally strong point in Dutch's favour is that professionals have assessed his temperament/personality - and the vet's assessment as to Dutch's gentleness should carry a lot of weight. I wish Dutch could talk. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:14 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

You make a hell of a lot of valid points there, Barb. I mean it isn't even mentioned, what injuries the Pit Bull had and surely if this was a dog fight Dutch would have inflicted some kind of injury upon him, after all he's a big, powerful dog and according to the sister-in-law quite capable of biting her, so if that truly is the case, why no mentions of her dog's injuries, why no beaming up of his picture saying 'LOOK what happened to my boy!' Why are there also no pictures of this woman and her alleged injuries not circulating? Usually that's the first thing that'll happen, to show the evidence of the attack...how strange nothing of that nature has materialised either. Hmmmm, I wonder if it was in fact HER dog who bit her in the middle of the altercation, and not Dutch AFTER the fact? It could explain a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:55 pm 

^ You too make an excellent point about the possibility of her own dog biting her. After all, in the "heat" of the moment, it's entirely possible for any dog to accidentally bite anyone who's trying to break up a fight. Things happen in the blink of an eye.

Even if this case is only to be judged on the "balance of probabilities"* standard of a civil court case, I honestly don't feel that woman's story is true. Sure, she did get bitten, but the circumstances surrounding this are so cloudy and muddled, that it would be a miscarraige of justice to order poor Dutch to be put down - or suffer any consequences.

* This is a much "lighter" standard than the criminal case standard and only requires 51% minimum "probability" in order to win a case.

I just found this -a judge has ordered Dutch to be destroyed: http://www.nbc11news.com/localnews/head ... 62541.html

Last edited by BeeKay on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Added link

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:51 pm 
RichBitch
RichBitch

I was just coming to post that very link...I hope Jerry and Heather can successfully appeal the court ruling, I really do :cry: :cry: