Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rude comments about someone "aging".....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:15 am 
Tillicious Girl
Tillicious Girl

Girls, after a minute of thought I decided to share it with you. I mean.. I start to grow really sick and tired of all those rude comments about someone "aging". You know, when someone's full anniversary comes, for example and there are always some arrogant, young people (sauer grapes maybe?) that find great pleasure in reminding someone that he's "oh, not that young anymore :>". "50? 60? Oh, the time passes by so quickly!" Jesus Christ! As if being 50/ 60 or any other age 50 plus already meant something totally pessimistic and depressing - no more fun, no more sports, such people don't have the right to enjoy life anymore. What a c*apload of bullsh*t! And it's very RUDE in the first place to make comments like that. I hate it.
This kind of behavior (from what I've observed) is presented mostly by young lads - in their understanding, if someone reaches 50 -60, oh, he's already considered a "dirty ol. enbittered person with dirty thoughts on its mind, who doesn't know how to have fun". They already see him/her lying on a deathbed, waiting for death to come.Whilst they (young lads) are supposed to be in best health all the time, and the whole world is theirs for the taking. WTF? I would like to remind you (I'm talking to those arrogant dudes right now), that my Mom's school pal is already over 60 and guess what?! He's in great health, he travels, he goes to ROCK CONCERTS, does sports, and is a happy father of four young girls, and I always see him with a big grin on his face. Yes. Always in the best of spirits. And how many "young people" spend their free time lying on the couch, drinking beer, wolfing down fastfood with their bellies growing, they wouldn't even think of reading an interesting book or pop out to play tennis".
I mean what the deuce? None of us is going to stay young for ever, all of us grow old, it's unavoidable! I'm no longer a teenager, my 14 year old cousin is no longer a toddler.. it's only a matter of time! No one's over it.
I just wanted to share it here with you because it's been bugging me. I just find it very, very rude and very unfriendly.

Post subject: Re: Rude comments about someone "aging".....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:16 am 

hear hear!

i just reminded myself that my youngest niece is turning 3 next month..
i still see her as the little baby, but she is already running around and talking..

i'm only 24, but i do feel i need to make more of myself.. instead of watching tv.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:50 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Age is just a number, and if anyone dares to contest that, they can go somewhere else. Me, I'm 19, yet my musical tastes etc, would lead you to think that I'm in my 40s, because I listen to stuff from the older generation, and I would rather idolize people like Pete Seeger, who is 94 this year, than people like Rihanna, who is 24 this year (if I'm correct), and I would rather go to an old folks' barn dance than a nightclub down town with a bunch of kids, and not just that, but I don't understand the intolerance that my age group has towards older people. Mind you, in saying that, Simon Cowell probably helped it, what with trying to force-feed us JLS and One Direction (or, as I will call them now, One Erection) etc etc.

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:58 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

^ :rolling: :rolling: One Erection :lol: :lol: and yes, Rihanna is a pain in the :x: imho

^Iroto I think maybe you are taking it a bit hard as oftentimes these comments are made in jest but I do agree as I find it irks me as well (I'm not trying to invalidate how you feel - just sayin' :hug: :) ) - I just tell them they need to get some new material. I am a relatively young looking 34 with a healthy social life so I have been lucky thus far but my hubby has been the butt of a few of those annoying jokes. It's like hearing those old tired lame marriage "ball and chain" jokes :roll: . Not particularly malicious, just a pain in the :x: Also remember, people tend to put others down when they are not feeling good about themselves so the comments are more a reflection on the commenter than the intended "victim"

Just tell them to wait while you put your teeth back in so you can wheel yourself over and beat them with your cain :lol: :lol:

Hope I could make you smile...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:42 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

I think that age is all in the mind. I'm 43 this year, but I certainly don't feel it. Of course, I have my sensible 'mommy' hat on for most of the time, but then again, I love getting tattooed, love putting all sorts of weird and wonderful colours in my hair and freaking my kids out by announcing that I'm considering getting my lip pierced in solidarity with my daughter. :lol:

27/2/2012 - Dublin.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:34 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

This reminds me when people tell you that when reach 30 - 35 and you still aren't married, it means that you are doomed!....To me is like WTF? Seriously?....So damm annoying! :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:32 pm 

I agree, it always gets my attention when someone allows themselves such comments. It seems like people are so afraid of age, that they begin to project their fears on others by pointing out how old they are. In my opinion it's quite silly to act this way, we all age, it's normal but it doesn't have to be a negative experience. We no longer live in ages when people who reached their 40s were considered to be lucky to be alive. Today, many people only begin their "adult" lives at 40. I prefer to look at the whole process as some sort of continuing development or personal evolution, we learn new things, we become wiser, we acquire new friends, we have been in many fun and not fun situations and all those years and memories are ours and no one else's. All these things cannot be acquired by snapping one's fingers or waving a magic wand, you have to grow to become richer, personally and emotionally.

I think people are like cognac, the older they get the better they become. As one true lady said on her 97th Birthday, "I think I begin to grow old", and I think she said it too early!

I'm 24, but I lost track of my age after 18. Every birthday I have to force myself to remember how old I'm going to turn, since it stopped being about numbers, it's all about quality now.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:58 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^x4 Yep, One Erection. Recently, they did a charity trip because Red Nose Day is just around the corner, and visited a hospital I think in Malawi, and it made me get my mum to text and donate but still, they're creepy as hell. Goran Bregovic, on the hand, is 62 (63 next month), and just has sex appeal written all over because he is sexy in both looks and voice. What I will be doing this year, though, is sending my nan a birthday card that says happy 21st because she's going to be 80 this year and none of us want to be reminded because... erm... yeah, that is getting forever closer. Might do it for my stepgrandad aswell (he'll be 85 this year :shock: )

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:17 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

This topic reminded me recently published estonian media article about a singer who represents UK in this year's eurovision song contest. The title of the article was literally like "UK is represented by an old fogy in this year's eurovision song contest". The singer is actually 61, which is not that old and to say it like this "old fogy" is just simply Rude in my opinion :brr: The commentary was full of posts saying it's rude, not that old etc.
I looked the article up again and they have changed the title, but it's not much better anyways. Now it says "UK sends the second time an oldster to the eurovision song contest."
I guess it may depend on a person but I think it still is weird and rude :um:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:27 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Well, I can't help but laugh, even though I agree with you guys that all those comments are rude and annoying.
The reason I laugh is that time will eventually get to those rude people - they're not getting any younger either! :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:12 pm 

^hahahaha good one BBDK, but so true they are getting older too!

But some people are sadly not getting wiser!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:41 pm 

It's really horrible when it comes to women and age. People make it sound like that once a woman hits her thirties that all of the sudden, it's over for her.

I'm 24 and have met women 30+ who totally give me a run for my money.

However, I do think that people are slowly but surely changing their minds about age (in reference to getting older) to a much more positive tune.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:05 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

It's not just age that is getting rude comments, as it's people's abilities aswell, and what they have that you don't have or what they don't have that you have, and what their passions and hobbies are because I know that if I got somewhere musically then I'd probably have Simon Cowell at my throat for being myself and not idolising people who are my age (which, by the way, is a choice that I made years ago)... and for being Autistic, and if I ever get any backlash, yes, I'll probably cry about it, but at the end of the day they're the ones losing out... and no, I wouldn't even consider leaving music until I'm well past Willie Nelson's age (he's 80 in a few days time)

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:20 pm 
Tillicious Girl
Tillicious Girl

^Yup, exactly.
And also what irks me, that in some people's "view", when lettuce say, children or teenagers are being hugged, and "awwwwed" at, you know what I mean, when they are being given tenderness , it's okay, but when an over 40 year old guy knuddles against his Mom or exchanges a hug with her, or is being called "her darling" it's already considered "strange" and "weird". (Yes, believe me, I've already met with such idiotic attitude)
I mean what the duck?! Why should showing tenderness be reserved for kids/ teenagers/ adolscents only? This is just stupid. All people deserve love and respect, no matter what age they hit!
And it drives me mad, when a good friend of mine, in his late 30ties whines: "Nah, I'm too old for that, I'm not that young any more, you, kids, you're young, the worlds belongs to you".
Pffffth!
Those "young, fresh boys" nowadays, boah! I can't remember the last time a 20+ guy attracted my attention on the street. Shortly: You're young, you're - strong, fresh, you rock the world.. you're over 30-nah, you;re not that young anymore, you're over 50 - you're already with one leng in the grave, you have nothing more to score for.

:roll: Pathetic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:54 pm 

Iroto-chan wrote:
Those "young, fresh boys" nowadays, boah! I can't remember the last time a 20+ guy attracted my attention on the street.

I agree.

I'm a 20+ something woman and most 20+ something "men" really don't excite me at all.