Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: You don't drink - you are weird?
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:16 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

It is, however, good to let your hair down every once in a while, which was me on Saturday night. However, my auntie that mum and I visited has a young daughter and looking ratfaced in front of her is NOT what you should do but then again, it was an important event (Doctor Who finale) and it helped me do something that tablets threw off the bandwagon (go to sleep earlier)

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:16 am 

I don't drink at all. I've had people tell me I don't know how to have any fun. Just because I don't drink. These are the same people who wake up covered in their own vomit, urine, or whaterver, with no recollection of what's happened. They've gotten completely s :x: faced. Yeah that's not my definition of fun.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:55 am 
Tillicious Girl
Tillicious Girl

Wish some more smart people like you were around :kiss: I really don't get their definition of great fun: as you mentioned - throwing their guts up and behaving like nerds in front of the public. Thank you very much, but that's not my cup of tea.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:15 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Location: SFV, California, US; snuggled between Richard and Paul....Ooo Flake, come here! <3
Iroto-chan wrote:
Wish some more smart people like you were around :kiss: I really don't get their definition of great fun: as you mentioned - throwing their guts up and behaving like nerds in front of the public. Thank you very much, but that's not my cup of tea.

I agree. Why would someone like to drink themselves and then blow chunks all over themselves every weekend (or everyday)? I understand some people have gotten drunk a few times, but you don't have to get drunk every single time you drink. Heck, you don't even have to have alcohol every time you go out. What about water or a soda? People need to learn self control with such behaviors such as drinking alcohol, and not just comply with what the crowd is doing.

Denarii, you are a smart gal. :hug: :hug:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:45 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

denarii doom :) wrote:
I don't drink at all. I've had people tell me I don't know how to have any fun. Just because I don't drink. These are the same people who wake up covered in their own vomit, urine, or whaterver, with no recollection of what's happened. They've gotten completely s :x: faced. Yeah that's not my definition of fun.

Same here. Every time people hear that I don't drink they give me these shocked looks ( :shock: ) and ask "WHY!?" with a dramatic tone. Duhh, because I don't like it? :roll:
Usually they try to talk me into tasting some drinks they have. You know, "come on live a little, have some fun don't be so serious!"

I don't care if other people drink and I respect their choice but the same way people should respect non-drinker's choice and accept them the way they are. Not drinking doesn't mean I can't have a good time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:01 am 
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)

^ To let folks know that we ask that quotes not be used on the same page - please use a "@" or "^" instead.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:24 am 

I stopped for a few reasons. I've done some rather stupid things such as drive when I didn't feel I should have. My body can't handle beer anymore for some reason. Most red wines give me the feeling of a massive hangover after 1 small glass. I enjoy not having to wake up with a hangover. I'm not putting someone's life at risk because I had to over indulge. I have begun to for some weird reason sweating profusely when I drink mixed drinks, so I stopped that a while back too.

Yes I'm looked at as very strange by my peers for my decision. I've been told that I can become more "wild" and fun sober than my friends can whilst intoxicated (that is unless their judgement were very impaired, the hot guy/girl syndrome when drunk). I tell my friends when I'm at a club (which is very rare for me) that 90% of them won't remember much of anything (alcohol), so it's almost like I'm dancing alone, or just with them.