Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Colorado Shooting
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:23 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-colorado-shooting-crime-scenes-20120720,0,2546455.story

This is just so awful. I feel incredibly sorry for the victims and their families. No one expects to go out for a midnight premiere and not come home. I watched a video of a 17 year old boy describing what happened and it was just terrible. Seems like there's a shooting every summer now. Last year there was the one in Oslo (although they don't really know why James Holmes did this one yet) and now this. I just wonder....Does the fact that this happened two days before the first "anniversary" of the Oslo have anything to do with it?

RIP to the victims of this horrible tragedy. :(

Post subject: Re: Colorado Shooting
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:24 pm 
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)

Here's more information: http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012 ... miere.html

What a horror.
To the many victims, Rest In Peace. I hope that there are no more deaths and that all the wounded, traumatised victims will eventually heal.
Mere words seem to be inadequate at this point.

Live a cruelty free life - go vegan.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:15 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Location: SFV, California, US; snuggled between Richard and Paul....Ooo Flake, come here! <3
I've been watching the news all day about this. My thoughts and prayers go out the victims families, and may the one's that lost their lives rest in peace. How can somebody just walk into a movie theater and just start shooting at people that just wanna see a movie? I actually wanted to cry a few times hearing the stories about the shooting. One story that really touched me was the young woman that was an aspiring reporter and died in the incident. She was even in the Toronto Mall shooting not too long ago, and now she's gone.... :(

No words to describe this other than senseless

:( :( :(

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:09 pm 
Rosenrot Donator
Rosenrot Donator

Location: In Till's Pants... and he's going to be SO angry when he finds out I've got them!
This breaks my heart :(

Young people, families, people just out for a great night and a cool movie, gunned down in such a disgusting senseless way.

Rest in Peace :heart:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:48 am 
Olli Dolly
Olli Dolly

Absolutely heartbreaking to here about yet another shooting :( :( my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by it....devastating that so many innocent people have died or been wounded by one act of senselesss violence :cry: RIP to all the victims :heart: :heart:

I think it's about time America tightened up their gun laws because tragedies such as this seem to be happening all too often :(

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:12 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

^You took the words right out of my mouth :hug: just how many more tragedies have to occur before America rethinks its stance on gun laws? NRA, you have a hell of a lot to consider right now, a HELL of a lot! :x :x :x :x

This is so senseless, just mindless. I mean what the hell possesses someone to do something like this? I was watching a video on The Guardian page yesterday where witnesses were talking about the shooting, and one man said what got him the most is after the gunman had exited a police officer was walking through with a little girl in his arms and she wasn't moving. The officer carried the child past, and he saw her back was riddled with bullet holes. The poor little thing had tried to run for her life, and that cold hearted bastard just gunned her down as she fled. I feel sick when I think about it, it honestly turns my stomach. There's too much evil and not enough love in this world, and it breaks my damn heart :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:45 am 
SchneiderSexual
SchneiderSexual

^ & ^^ I have seen a lot of Americans on social media sites arguing that this shooting should encourage LESS gun laws. Because if there weren't as many gun laws, when the guy walked into the cinema, someone else in the cinema would have had a gun too and could have shot him.

I'm not going to lie, that sounds terrifying to me. I wouldn't want to live in a world where any person I pass on the street could have a deadly weapon on them and it would be totally legal. But anyway, I'm just saying, a lot of Americans have a really vastly different attitudes to firearms than we do in most of Europe. I don't understand this attitude (partly I'm sure because I'm not American) and I don't agree with it, but I believe this is why American gun laws do not really change after an incident like this.

The whole incident is really devestating :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:18 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

^It's because the following words made it into the bill of rights, and passed as law in the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States - "The right of the people to keep and bear Arms". Those ten words mean more to gun owners than the sad reality of the situation, and that is that NO, it is NOT a right for each and every person to bear arms! I am under no illusion that the United States is chocked full of responsible gun owners, and they more than likely outweigh the yahoo's and the psycho's, but still there is that percentage of people who have access to firearms and really, really shouldn't. Take Columbine for example. Those were kids, with more ammo and weapons than flippin' Rambo himself. Children still, for heaven's sake! As I seem to remember from the case too, they obtained those weapons very easily with the assistance of only one other person.

I think Richard Pryor said it best when he said something along the lines of 'charge $5,000 for ONE bullet, and that'll straighten out the gun crime problem because at five grand a go, no one will be able to afford to shoot anyone else!' It's an unrealistic idea, I know, but it makes sense in my mind at least.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:24 am 
Berliner At Heart
Berliner At Heart

This is horrible and frightening in many ways. And the people arguing that there should be less gunlaws scare me as well. I've seen people using the Utöya massacre as proof that strict gunlaws do not solve anything. Cornflake described what I feel as well. I don't want just anyone around me to carry a gun and then maybe get caught in the shooting between some killer and other people with guns who then try to be heroes. No, thank you.
It's frightening enough that the cirty I used to live in, Gothenburg, has more and more shootings now. They were shooting each other in the hospital a week or so ago and someone was shot at a patio outside a café recently, in the middle of the day when it was busy.

I thought about the Oslo thing as soon as heard about this. Unfortunetaly it brings out people who want to copy it or be even worse when an anniversary of something like this approaches.

To all the victims, survivors and their families :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:36 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

I agree as well about stricter gun laws, after reading this article: http://news.yahoo.com/gun-deaths-familiar-american-experience-143015822--abc-news-topstories.html

Can't really say much about it, just that these numbers are shocking, to say the least. 300 million privately owned fire arms? Over 1 million people have been affected by bullets in the past 44 years? Maybe it really is time to re-visit this topic. How many more people have to die senseless deaths before the laws are changed?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:07 pm 
Tillicious Girl
Tillicious Girl

It's already started: I made a pro gun-control Facebook comment, and two Americans I didn't even know started spouting off misleading propaganda for pro-less-gun-control. They don't even have a real reason for wanting to be anti-gun-control: they just want to keep all their "freedoms" intact--even if it's a "freedom" to kill people. You know, I don't often get violent urges, but seeing people mindlessly advocate for pro-death policies makes me want to punch them in the face. Counter-intuitive? Yes, but at least I don't want to kill them. :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall:

Edit: One of the same people who went up in arms (maybe even literally) over my Facebook comment also commented saying that this guy should be hung with no remorse and in the most off-handed way possible. Even more sickened. So someone just killed someone--KILL HIM BACK!!1!! WHY HASN'T SOMEONE ALREADY STRUNG HIM UP OR POPPED HIM IN THE HEAD, YOU GUIZ/?!!? I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!!@!!11!

Where's the puking emoticon when you need it?

Führe mich, halte mich
Ich fühle dich, ich verlass Dich nicht
-------------------------------
Nassau Coliseum, NY: 4/28/12, Front Row

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:59 pm 
Tillicious Girl
Tillicious Girl

the news confirmed that the little girl that was shot in the theater has died :cry:

Love is like a flower, even the most beautiful kind dies ~ Till Lindemann

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:13 pm 

damn you america
totally ridiculous gun laws,apparently everyone can get a gun
sure,they will most propably find the shooter with a licensed gun,but then again even the most decent of men can flip and start shooting without thinking of his OWN consequences.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:50 pm 

Unfortunately the reality is that gun control in America doesn't prevent gun violence. Here in California we have some of the strictest gun laws in the nation and yet gun crimes in major cities remain high. Why? Because too many guns are bought and sold illegally, a good deal of which come into this country illegally through Mexico. Unfortunately our laws only restrict those who want to own guns legally and responsibly - if you have a criminal record you can't buy a gun at all, so the people you have to worry about most are the ones obtaining guns illegally. I'd also like to point out that if someone wants to commit a random act of violence like this they are going to do it with whatever tools they have available, whether it's a gun or an explosive made out of ordinary household chemicals. The real problem is more the culture of violence than a lack of gun control.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:41 pm 
Richard Fan
Richard Fan

:evil: AND SOME IDIOTIC PARENTS BROUGHT IN A 3 OR 4 MONTH OLD BABYIN THAT SAME ROOM!! That is messed up. 80 explosives found in that guys apartment. 21 dead 52 injured. and columbine is close by aurora