Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Women's Health Rights Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:51 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^ Another law written and passed by a man who (probably) goes to bed wishing that he could be pregnant :shock: :shock: :headwall: :headwall:

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:47 pm 
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)

@ Cornflake: Your post about Bei Bei Shui jogged my memory - I'd earlier heard of her horrible plight on a radio interview with her lawyer: http://www.cbc.ca/player/Radio/The+Curr ... 253526732/

What a heartwrenching ordeal... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Live a cruelty free life - go vegan.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:04 am 
Tillicious Girl
Tillicious Girl

^I didn't listen to the radio link you posted yet, so I don't know if your link covers a story that I'm going to post here, but here are some news stories of girls who already went through the process of being charged with murder for miscarrying in America. And some were convicted! :evil:

And what about the actual laws that criminalize miscarriage?

Basically, the way much of the U.S. is treating women is freaking terrifying right now. You know what other place locks up women for miscarriages, makes teaching sex ed optional, makes abortion illegal, and is run by conservatives? Guanajuato, an extremely conservative Mexican state. And they eventually released the women that they jailed (http://www.newser.com/story/100008/mexi ... iages.html). I haven't heard of any U.S. women jailed for miscarriage being released yet.

Also, in regards to these laws making miscarriage a crime: as it says in some of the articles, 38 of the 50 states in the U.S. have passed laws making "fetus endangerment" a crime. The laws were passed with the supposed intention of protecting women (and their unborn children/fetuses) by creating criminal charges for people who kill or harm the unborn child against the woman's will (like an abusive partner beating a pregnant woman in her stomach, for example). I think that having these laws in place is a great idea because, shockingly, most of the U.S. had no laws on the books allowing women to prosecute people who force them to miscarry or have a stillbirth. However, these laws have only resulted in the arrest of 1 man who supposedly abused a woman in this way, and he was later let go. But guess how many pregnant women were arrested under these laws? Over 300. It looks like lawmakers, as usual, created this law not because they really care about women and their children (born or unborn), but because they wanted to create a new way to criminalize women and abortions. Absolutely disgusting.

And after reading about all of this I wondered, what about the women who DO give birth, but in jail (whether jailed related to abortion/miscarriage issues or not)? Well, things aren't good for them, either:

It's a scary time to be a woman in most of America.

Führe mich, halte mich
Ich fühle dich, ich verlass Dich nicht
-------------------------------
Nassau Coliseum, NY: 4/28/12, Front Row

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:26 pm 

^ I find that so terrifying, and am sickened that it can happen in this day and age. I know a lot of those cases relate to substance abuse and things, but if there is no biological evidence that is what caused the miscarriage then it's absolutely disgusting. And even so, a lot of people who use drugs while pregnant don't do it with the intention of harming the baby. I'm not advocating such behaviour of course, I just don't think they should be accused of murder. And death penalty for a miscarriage? Please tell me that's just someone's idea of a sick joke :shock: :zap: :zap:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:24 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

^Your words there reminded me of an old friend of mine, and the fate she could have possibly suffered if she'd been pregnant in a different time and place. Louise was five months gone before she discovered she was pregnant, and only knew because of a blood test she had to have for something completely different. She showed no signs of showing a bump (little Chloe grew inwards rather than outwards, and Lou didn't even look pregnant until she got to about seven months), her periods hadn't stopped and she had no morning sickness or anything else associated with pregnancy. Now, Lou was a goodtime girl and loved going out and taking recreational drugs, and because she simply did not know she was expecting she was still taking speed and ecstasy tablets right up until she found out. She was absolutely terrified she'd harmed the baby and confessed all to her doctor, who after giving her a bit of a lecture about the use of said drugs told her there was nothing to worry about, that the baby was developing at a healthy rate and there were no signs of anything bad whatsoever. Needles to say, she was very relieved and of course stopped the drug taking and also immediately quit smoking and drinking too. Little Chloe was born as a perfect, healthy 9lb baby four months later.

Now, imagine that wasn't the case. Imagine if Lou had been a pregnant woman in America and lost the baby through drug use (even though she was not what you could have considered a heavy or regular user, they were more 'party prescriptions' if you will) she could have been unfairly charged like these poor women are being through no fault of her own because she simply didn't know she was pregnant. I just cannot believe this is 2012, and that women are still being treated like second class citizens like this. It infuriates me to very angry levels!! :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:48 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Some laws eh! Total crackers, and, as said, written by total penises (men). Hopefully that won't happen over here. You know, a few years back, one of my Aunties was pregnant, but she had a miscarriage quite early on. She then got pregnant again, but, at around 4 months, she had to have a termination because complications arose, and it later turned out that she was pregnant with TWINS, and both babies had to be terminated (that would have been 2 new cousins for me, bringing the grandkid total for my grandparents to 6). Had that happened to her like 3 weeks ago etc, she'd have gotten either life in prison or the death sentence. Mind you, though, in some countries in the world, you can get sentenced to death merely for being a WOMAN!!!!!

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:59 pm 
SchneiderSexual
SchneiderSexual

The whole thing is disgusting.

@nola - I have a friend who these kinds of laws make me think of, too. She is married, but she and her husband did not feel they were in a financial position to raise a child. She became pregnant accidentally and intended to have an abortion, but couldn't bring herself to do it. She ended up miscarrying at about 3 or 4 months. These laws make me think of her partly because she has ME and her husband has diabetes - who's to say some misognyst politician or police officer wouldn't have dragged her to court for "killing" her unborn child as a result of these illnesses? Also, more importantly, I have seen first-hand how devestating the miscarriage was to her. I have heard all the self-hatred that came with her miscarriage: "Did I fail as a mum? Why wouldn't my body let me keep my baby?" I have sat with as she was crying over simply seeing another woman with a baby in a pram, knowing it should have been her too. It is only recently that she has even been able to talk about the possibilities of having children again. The thought that she could somehow have been arrested for what happened to her - especially as she initially considered an abortion because of her financial situation - makes me sick to my stomach. I can't stand the thought of women being criminalised for their unborn babies' conditions anyway, but especially after seeing my dear friend so devestated, and knowing that in some states in the US she could have been thrown in jail... it honestly raises a lump to my throat enough to make me gag.

Nobody can claim these laws aren't misogynistic. They are thought up purely out of outright hatred and disregard for women, for mothers, for their emotions and their well-being. It disgusts me that the country that is supposedly the "most civilised in the world" is still doing these things. (No offense to our American members, I blame certain extreme elements of the US political system, not you.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:14 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^ You know what it is Cornflake? Men are scared of us females. They think that by making laws that they expect us to abide by, we can be more subdued and willing to conform to their ideas and whatnot, but that just damn well aint gonna happen, and I don't care what laws are put in place, as I am simply NOT going to have a man telling me when I can be on my period. It's just not gonna happen, but oh no, it'll probably be made illegal to have periods and NOT be pregnant next, and you know, the only men I will ever see myself trusting are those that I have gotten to know and/or idolise (or just happen to be part of the music genres that I love). They are okay, but the men that are not my idols and that I don't know ANYTHING about and who don't fall into my chosen music categories etc etc, are penises, and that is all I can really say at the moment.

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:18 pm 
SchneiderSexual
SchneiderSexual

^ Actually, I agree. I have tried so hard as a feminist to not blame things on "men being scared of women" or "men hate women" or things like that, but I cannot see any other reason for these sorts of laws. These men making these laws are terrified of women having power of their reproductive system. There is simply no logical explanation other than that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:12 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^ And I know a few women who would be happy to go into battle with a man and would take him down and grab his testicles and drag him all the way to Sydney (Australia) and back, and I have one for a mum and one for an Auntie, as, if a man was invading my privacy, they'd sure grab him by the testicles and then show him just how powerful they can be, and if those laws came over here, there would be an angry army of women outside downing street, and me, my mum, and my Auntie, would be part of it, because seriously, those laws are inhuman, and I'm sorry, but having a man telling me what I can and cannot do, is something I will not have, and I will not take such abuse lying down, and those laws should not have been passed in the first place, because one, it's dictation in the most cruel sense of the word, and two, maybe said woman has a condition which causes her to miscarry, but oh no, that's gonna be made into a crime, as is everything else to do with pregnancy, so now we can look forward to hearing a story about a pregnant woman who has been involved in a car crash and her baby is killed in the process and she gets put in jail because of it. That's how it's going to end up, and that's NOT RIGHT!!!!

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:53 pm 
Tillicious Girl
Tillicious Girl

This conversation inspired me to look at the Texas laws regarding the issue, and during that search, I came across this:

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2011/mar/01/eddie-lucio-jr/state-sen-eddie-lucio-said-miscarriage-considered-/

There are some interesting stats in there. Perhaps those states who have those harsh laws should look into this themselves.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:37 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

:x: mein gott, why does that even happen? How can MEN dictate our lives and tell us what to do? A miscarriage is something that CANNOT be prevented, yet they want to make it a criminal offence, just makes me wanna puke my guts out, to be direct honest.

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:02 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Location: SFV, California, US; snuggled between Richard and Paul....Ooo Flake, come here! <3
Women need their own planet. At least if we had our own planet, we wouldn't have a bunch of men telling us how to live and breed. Jeez! :zap: :headwall:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:22 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^ Agree. On Planet Woman, we'd live freely, have only the men that we trusted in our community, get men pregnant just by thinking about it, and... erm... yeah, and take all the animals and money etc with us so that the penises that get left behind realise just how stupid they are and... forget it... just give me a spaceship and take me to Vulcan. At least the life there would appreciate me. You guys can come too, and so can my fave male bands who I can actually like and trust whatever they think (and yours too).

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:59 am 

Let's keep to the topic - Women's Health Rights, please.

Live a cruelty free life - go vegan.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next