Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Women's Health Rights Thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:41 pm 
Olli Dolly
Olli Dolly

^ Get birth control over the Internet? Er, how about NO? :| It just seems to me that none of these politicians seem to be taking issues like this seriously, and that's a shame.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:02 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

At some point down the line, we'll probably have the same thing happen to us, as the NHS will be the CHS within the next few years. With the CHS, the rich will get off lightly, and all expenses for them will be billed to us (the poor), so who will get seen? The rich man wanting a facelift or the poor woman needing a uterus transplant? Answer: the rich man wanting a facelift, whereas the poor woman needing a uterus transplant will probably NOT get one :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:24 am 
SchneiderSexual
SchneiderSexual

Yet another assault on women's health in America: Georgia passes a bill that makes abortion illegal after 20 weeks, with no exceptions, as part of "fetal pain" restrictions (an issue which I agree should be more thoroughly researched, but as there is currently no medical consensus on when a fetus becomes capable of feeling pain, it hardly seems like appropriate grounds for passing laws that will impact people who definitely can feel both real and emotional pain).

http://msmagazine.com/blog/blog/2012/03 ... tock-bill/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:14 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Another pin in the foot! Now women who reach 20 weeks pregnant and suddenly need an abortion won't get it! Total :x: crackers :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall: :headwall:

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:06 pm 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

To me, controlling the right to having a child, or having an abortion is like controlling the right to breathe. It should be no ones decision but the mother in question.
What people should be doing, is supporting the children born that do not have parents or proper care. The focus on adoption and proper care and treatment of children in poverty and in serious situations should be given just as much attention as these unborn children are.

I go to a clinic to get my yearly checkup and such, and I have always been very pleased with the service. Utah Legislation is trying to pull funds from these clinics. It is horrifying to think that the message they are trying to send is that that sexual education is unimportant. Where the :x: do they think the desire to abort is coming from? Poor sexual education is not going to help future generations of children to live happy and comfortable lives. If any of my four younger siblings had been put in that situation, I would just want to die.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:36 pm 
Tillicious Girl
Tillicious Girl

"What people should be doing, is supporting the children born that do not have parents or proper care. The focus on adoption and proper care and treatment of children in poverty and in serious situations should be given just as much attention as these unborn children are."

YES. Thank you for bringing that up. This is all too true in so many places in the world. Of course, there are more and more children now that are in this situation, and it's hard for every single child to get what they need. There aren't enough social workers. They're overworked and underpaid, and I have an immense amount of respect for them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:18 pm 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

@Abendstern

Thank you SO much for your reply. I am saddened by the growing amount of uncared for children in the world. It is so hard to adopt, but that's what I would love to do. If I can help love and care for a child who is the result of the lack of Women's rights, then what better way to give thanks for the wonderful life that I have? And, thanks to the Social Workers. There is NO way they can do it all on their own.
:heart:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:08 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

I have to say in reply to the comments made about there being so many thousands of children needing adopting around the world, I agree very strongly with you all and this is perhaps the route I would take if I ever did decide to become a mother. I have to say I was inspired by what Angelina Jolie said (this was before the births of her biological children Shiloh, Vivienne and Knox) about adopting when she said she felt selfish for wanting to give birth her own children when so many around the world needed loving parents, and this was what inspired her to adopt her eldest son, Maddox. I must have some maternal instinct within me somewhere that is greater than a biological maternal instinct, because the thought of bearing young myself makes me shudder, yet when for example I watched the KONY 2012 video by Invisible Children and saw all those little Ugandan children who professed they just wanted to be safe, go to school and be happy (education is something they all cry out for) my first thought was 'Oh my gosh, I want to take you ALL home with me and be your mummy'. My heart breaks for them, it truly does :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:42 pm 
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)

^ There's also a lot of kids who are in need of foster care, too. :)

I recently read that the little country of Mail has had sharia law imposed on it. All the women will have to be covered. Whatever little rights they may have had with a prior government are now extinguished.

I wish it was possible for the suffering women in these repressive countries to escape, to escape to a civilised country and claim refugee status and be safe - and have a safe future. But this is impossible, as these women are closely monitored and pretty much kept under lock and key by their "captors".

Live a cruelty free life - go vegan.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:22 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome/in ... ds-newsxml

I just thought I'd share this as I was thrilled when I saw it. Nice to see that Hef is supporting us women yet again! I love this man to death, and nothing makes me more angry than when people label him a misogynist. He's FAR from it! The below is a quote from Hef himself from the following article I found on the issue too - http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... war-on-sex

“If these zealots have their way, our hard-won sexual liberation — women’s rights, reproductive rights and rights to privacy — lie in peril,” Hefner wrote.

GO TEAM HEF! :D :hug:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:57 am 
Tillicious Girl
Tillicious Girl

I love Hef too and I always correct them when people diss him!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:39 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

^^^I've actually heard people arguing FOR situations where women are forced to be completely covered, citing that it "protects them (the women) from objectification." Honestly, that sort of thing reminds me of something out of The Handmaid's Tale.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:52 pm 

^ What's wrong with those people? Surely the sensible argument would be that we as women have the right not to be objectified? Grrr. Seriously though, some people. And it's not just men either. My ex and his brothers are pretty misogynistic (in the case of his older brother, totally misogynistic) and they were brought up by their mother alone. But she seems to think women should be subservient to men or something. No need to explain why me and the ex didn't work out of course. And I fail to understand women who claim they aren't feminists. So they want to be treated like second class citizens then? No? Well then they're feminists. Grrr. It just makes me so mad :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:01 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

^Yes! I don't get the claiming not to be a feminist thing either. I think that the term's been twisted to the point where some people think that "feminist"="hatred of men" when really that's not the case. Unfortunately, I do know people who think it's their "place" to be treated poorly, which is just heartbreaking to hear.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:24 am 
SchneiderSexual
SchneiderSexual

So, what some of us feared is now a reality, in America a woman who may be "responsible" for the loss of a pregnancy can be prosecuted for murder. http://apps.facebook.com/theguardian/wo ... ide-foetus

Bei Bei Shuai attempted to commit suicide after the end of her relationship and subsequently suffered a miscarriage. (It doesn't say in the article whether it is proven that her suicide attempt was what actually caused the miscarriage.) Anyone who attempts to commit suicide is suffering serious mental health issues and in most cases these would be taken into account in a court. But the state of Indiana thinks it is appropriate to put her on trial for murder - with a potential sentence of up to 45 years in prison.

Where do we go from here? We are criminalising people for suffering mental health problems now? Some of the women who need compassionate, modern women's health care and abortion rights THE MOST are likely to be mentally ill. So we are criminalising mental health issue now. Are we going to criminalise a drug addicted pregnant woman who just cannot stay off what she is addicted to? A woman who drinks alcohol during her pregnancy? A pregnant woman who doesn't eat healthily? A pregnant woman who stays with an abusive partner? A pregnant woman who trips and falls down the stairs???

I am completely disgusted. I cannot believe this is happening in 2012.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next