Perhaps we should make this thread into the general "The American Right takes a massive dump on women's health issues" thread?
The stuff happening over in the States regarding that stuff right now is terrifying me.
Just a few examples I could find quickly...
- Virginia passes bill requiring vaginal ultrasounds before all abortions except in cases of rape: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/0 ... 14490.html
- Oklahoma requires vaginal ultrasounds before all abortions, with no exceptions for incest or rape, and the doctor must describe the foetus in detail or force the woman to see its image: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/28/us/28 ... .html?_r=1
- Alabama requires vaginal ultrasounds before abortions: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/28/healt ... sound.html
- North Carolina requires vaginal ultrasounds before abortions, doctor must describe the foetus, and women who refuse to see or hear it will be kept on record as having refused for seven years: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/2 ... 10336.html
- Utah governer signs a bill to force women to wait 72 hours before receiving an abortion: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/2 ... 69283.html
- Arizona legislator suggests that women who want an abortion should be forced to view one happening first: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/2 ... 68386.html
- Alaskan Republican suggests that an expectant mother should need sign permission from the man who impregnated her in order to have an abortion: :http://www.huffingtonpost.com/akmuckraker/alaska-mandatory-ultrasound_b_1368906.html
- Idaho lawmaker implies women use rape as an excuse for abortion: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/2 ... 66994.html
- Arizona passes a measure whereby a woman's place of employment will not pay for birth control unless she proves she is not using it to avoid getting pregnant: http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/0 ... rol-birth/
- Georgia Republican compares women to farm animals and attempts to pass measures that would force a woman to carry a baby that has died until she goes into labour naturally: http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/03 ... ?mobile=nc
- Tenessee considers a bill that will expose the identities of women who seek abortions: http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/03 ... abortions/