Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Party animals or sensitive bibliophiles?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:52 am 
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)

@ rammsteinchen: I agree. Your quote: "...it's their lifes and they are old enough to know what they are doing." says everything.
They are adults and have the right to make their own choices. If some choices involve other people, for example to have a threesome at an after-after party, as long as everyone is a fully consenting participant, then y'all go to it!

Some fans would jump at the opportunity to get in on a threesome with their favorite R+ boy. Consequently, some others would not.

And yes, to personalise things, - if my father was constantly involved with a myriad of never-ending young pieces of T&A (whether he was in a relationship or not) and ongoing sexual and other antics, I can't say I'd have the best opinion of this, nor look up to him. I'd be rather embarrassed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:14 pm 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

Der Metzgermeister wrote:
Who is saying that though? Where is that coming from?

I think I have something to clarify here :) If you mean to say that you doubt if any R+ ever complained about female fans being sluts, or about their own poetic nature being under-appreciated, you're right. I have no source for that and I'm sorry if I made the suggestion I did.

I stated it that way because I thought the topic went in an inaccurate direction: as if we were judging band members for partying. So I re-phrased my opening post in the shortest and a bit blunt way, to emphasize that partying was not the issue.
Some people on RR showed pity on band members as if they are victims of a shallow image. In my attempts to relativise this I took a shortcut by implying the band should not feel sorry for themselves.

Hope I made myself clearer now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:54 am 
Rosenrot Donator
Rosenrot Donator

Location: In Till's Pants... and he's going to be SO angry when he finds out I've got them!
Meh - Liebe ist fur alle da

AS long as all (including the partner presumably left at home) parties are consenting adults then it's no problem of mine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:43 pm 

I have a problem with all this extra-martial / extra-relation talk. I find it sad that people can't control their urges anymore, they just go around and do whatever they want and don't care about who they hurt. I find it hard to trust people as it is and then I hear stories like this, which feeds into my negative outlook on people in general.

But may I ask has anyone here had experience in this type of thing? Having someone cheat on them? Had an open relationship with someone? Done the swingers thing? Singles have you ever slept around? and how did that impact on your relationship with yourself and or your partner?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:22 am 

^ If you'd like to start a new discussion thread on this topic, please do!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:48 am 

I think as long as the girls and boys are both consensual in the matter of aftershow hookups, then there should be no issue. I think it's unfair to deride the girls seen in the aftershow pictures as "sluts", just because they're wearing short skirts and low shirts. If they are dressed like that in an attempt to secure an invite, then why not? It seems to work, and if they are happy with it, then I see no problem. The boys don't appear to mind either ;) .I'm sure the Rammstein boys are well aware that they are also attracted to them because they are in Rammstein - fame is an aphrodisiac. Many fans are interested in the idea of a physical relationship, and as long as it is gratifying to both parties, nobody needs to be called a slut.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:00 am 

^ I don't think it's because of their attire. Many girls were short skirts and low-cut tops. It's the *conduct* that makes the difference.

Post subject: Groupies
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:48 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

Because the Till thread in the drool bucket was going slightly off topic, I decided to take our Cornflake up on her wonderful idea to discuss groupies in more detail in a thread devoted to them.

Now, before I actually picked up a few books by the queen of the groupies and all round wonderful woman Pamela Des Barres, I had a very narrow minded opinion of groupies. The word itself conjures such negative images, of women dressed in next to nothing throwing themselves at band members. I swiftly learned that this just isn't the case, and to tar every single groupie out there (female AND male- yes male groupies exist too, gay and heterosexual) with the same brush is massively narrow minded and unfair. I read the book 'Let's spend the night Together' by Pamela first, and found it an absolutely fascinating read (you learn in there in the very first story who was the real true love of Elvis Presley, and it wasn't Priscilla!) full of stories about musicians and the women who adored them.

A lot of people seem to assume just because a girl is having sex with a musician, he doesn't respect them. That's both a true and false statement, because from what I read it all depends on the people involved. Some musicians were very caring and respectful toward the girls, some not so much at all. Some had relations that sex didn't even come into, and some of course where that was the only tie between musician and groupie.

I think a lot of people are just too quick to brand them a slut or whore (I certainly was, and feel quite ashamed of that now I know better), but they don't see the good in them, or how groupies actually influenced the music themselves by being a muse to the musician they were associated with. Oh yes! When you dig deeper and scratch the surface, you're surprised at what you learn! Some groupies I read about I thought could have handled themselves better, and some I have the greatest respect in the world for (Pamela being one of them). It all depends on the individual, but I think the earlier, pioneering groupies certainly had a little more class than some of the modern day ones, but then again I don't want to be judgmental. That's not who I am.

If you want to find out more about them, then I thoroughly recommend these three books (listed in order of release) below by Pamela Des Barres. For the most part I enjoyed them immensely. She's very, very honest and open about her life as a groupie, and like I say the things you learn about them, and the music scene in general (mainly the earlier rock scene, as Ms Des Barres was a groupie throughout the 60's and 70's) really do open your eyes!

http://www.amazon.com/Im-Band-Confessio ... 1556525893

http://www.amazon.com/Take-Another-Litt ... 0688091490

http://www.amazon.com/Lets-Spend-Night- ... pd_sim_b_2

Post subject: Re: Groupies
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:11 pm 
Tillicious Girl
Tillicious Girl

Location: Deep in the jungle searching for the elusive Doomaconda!
Read 'em actually...Many years ago...I still think my comment wasn't explained fully as I had to rush off out. I don't think all women who follow musicians are 'slutty' or 'whore's I'm not that small minded. I'm going to come back to this topic after a while, so I have time to think over my reply fully as I want to be able to explain myself clearly.

Ps don't forget Cynthia! http://www.cynthiaplastercaster.com

Your eyes can be so cruel, just as I can be so cruel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:38 pm 
RichBitch
RichBitch

Oh, hun, don't think I started this thread in some kind of retaliation to your comment! As I said, its cool, I totally got what you meant when you explained :) :hug: I'm too easy going to do stuff like that, really :bounce: I just thought the subject would be a good topic for discussion after Cornflake mentioned it, that's all.

+ I LOVE Cynthia! I remember the first time I saw the casting she did of Jimi Hendrix's...yeah :lol: and I was like :shock: lmao!

Believe me, I've seen terrible groupies back stage with my own eyes. One slightly older woman who was so drunk she flashed everyone her EVERYTHING when she toppled backwards off the chair at a gig my boyfriends old band were the support act for. She was such an embarrassment to herself, I did feel bad for her because she was absolutely hammered! There's good and bad, as I hope we're all here to discuss.

So while I'm here, are there any groupies among us? Or anyone who has a groupie friend?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:28 pm 
SchneiderSexual
SchneiderSexual

You started the thread :D :hug:

Oh and stardust, this thread totally wasn't because of your comment, babe! I suggested nola start the thread because the two of us were taking the Till thread in the Drool Bucket off topic talking about it.

Anyway.
Man, there are so many many things I could say about this subject! And I am aware that I am not an expert, so please feel free to educate me.

I don't have any problem AT ALL with consenting adults - whoever they may be - doing whatever the hell they want with/to each other. If someone gets their sexual fulfillment by waiting after a gig, sleeping with a musician and then going home again or by travelling with a musician and having a more ongoing sexual relationship, or any other similar relationship - that's up to them. To be honest, even if the relationship isn't what I would consider "respectful", if the people involved are all okay with that, then again, I think that's up to them.

What I don't like, however, and what I do have a problem with, is all the "culture" - for want of a better word - surrounding groupies. By that I mean the way it is assumed that having scantily clad women backstage has to be a part of being a musician, the way some musicians show off about how many girls they've got backstage, the way girls are just the entertainment or the scenery or whatever. I remember seeing a recording of a band (I honestly can't remember what band, or whether they were an old band or a current one) warming up backstage by throwing lunchmeat onto a naked woman's body. Apparently this sort of thing is definitely not unheard of. Now, to be totally honest, I don't care if the woman in that situation consented; I would not want to associate with people who had that kind of attitude to women. To me, that is not an appropriate way to treat anybody; it is highly disrespectful to a person's humanity to do something like that, regardless of their gender; and also, it creates, for me, a very uncomfortable sense of sexual power relations between men in bands and women they might take backstage.

That kind of extreme behaviour, however, does not seem to me to be the same thing at all as a girl travelling around with a musician as his lover on the road, or whatever. Or even just a girl who goes backstage, has a one night stand, and goes home again.

I also said in the other thread that I am not fond of the word "groupie", even though I know some people use it to describe themselves. I think it has unfortunate connotations and I think it has become too close to the word "slut" (which is another word I don't like but that's for another discussion). I think it again implies some sort of power relationship between the "groupie" and the person she (or he) is following that makes me kind of uncomfortable. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with there being a power relationship between two people in any kind of sexual relationship - what makes me uncomfortable is the assumption that there is going to be a particular kind of power relationship.

Anyway. That's my (a lot more than) two cents. :lol: I hope I didn't offend anybody with any of that! I can get quite passionate about things and this sort of topic is guaranteed to get me going...

Oh, and one last thing... why are the girls backstage the ones who are always labelled "sluts", while the men around them are exalted to the heavens? I think the "slut" label probably applies far more to the men in a lot of these situations :|

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:00 pm 
Tillicious Girl
Tillicious Girl

Wasn't offended in the slightest, just wanting to get my thoughts in order for a discussion! I'm not arrogant enough to think an entire thread was created about me :rolling:

My problem is with female or male groupies who have no self-respect...You can't complain about being treated badly if you're treating yourself badly. The most horrible stories I've heard involve Led Zeppelin...What two consenting adults (or more!) do is their business, but allowing someone to treat you like dirt is just...How can allow yourself to be treated that way?

Link to an old article that has some of the behaviour that makes me think "WHY???" http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/led-zeppelin-there-was-a-whole-lotta-love-on-tour-763446.html

Oh and locking up a 14 year old girl so you can have sex with her :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:10 pm 
SchneiderSexual
SchneiderSexual

^ I've heard about most of that before - not the 14 year old thing though, that disgusted me :shock: - and if I'm totally honest, I will never be able to really like Led Zeppelin because however good their music is, they just horrify me, and I blame them to a large extent for a lot of the misogyny in rock music, and among rock music fans, that we get today.

I mean, the wild orgies, etc. with willing women? That's fine, if everybody agreed. I agree, stardust, that if you're going to behave that way you can't then turn around and complain that you were treated like an object, but to be fair I don't think any of the girls named in that article who were doing that kind of thing did complain. I wouldn't ever do anything like that myself, but you know, if people want to, that's fine.

But tying someone up, hitting them with a dead fish and forcing bits of said dead fish inside their body? Attempting a gang rape? Sexually assaulting a woman in public on a plane? Gang violence? Child abuse? That is all horrific. Those men deserve to be in prison. I would never, ever be a fan of a band - or anybody else - that behaved/behaves that way.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:14 pm 
Tillicious Girl
Tillicious Girl

@Cornflake I think your first post vocalised my problem with it better than I could.

I don't think you're a slut if you became someone's lover or even one night stand. I'm just uncomfortable with people who are only interested in sleeping with famous people and will allow themselves to be degraded so they can brag about how many rockstars they have had. They don't even seem to care about the music, just a person's fame. I've known people like this. All they want to do is have as many famous people as possible. That is not the same as being a muse or having a connection with someone (even if it's just physical).

Ps I can't listen to led zeppelin because they disgust me as people.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:39 pm 
RichBitch
RichBitch

Right, Cornflake in reply to your first post, I just couldn't agree more with every word you said, to sum it up nicely and in short lol! I really did agree.

+ The fourteen year old? That was Lori Lightning I do believe, and also if my memory serves me correctly I think she was actually thirteen years old when she got taken off and f :x: d by both Jimmy Page AND David Bowie (while he was married to Angie, they had a open marriage as I understand it). Sickening though, she was a child!

As long as its consenting and respectful I'm all for it basically, but if that slips into the realms of underage bed partners and lobbing lunch meat at boobies, then I'd have to say no. Many, many no's! That's just wrongness. I mean for the love of god, you take a woman to bed and show her the man you are by giving her a damn good time, you don't try and create a damn Subway sandwich on her breasts!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next