Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Party animals or sensitive bibliophiles?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:56 am 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

This question arises from the discussion in the Tillness topic. OK, so Till (and probably the other guys too) wants to be seen as a normal human being. He reads novels and poetry, likes to take long walks in the countryside and so on. And he doesn’t like to be chased by hysterical groupies who are merely interested in what’s in his pants. OK, fair enough.

But then, what’s with the afterparties with lots of booze and half-naked pretty young females? A friend of mine visited a concert a long time ago and when she walked into the venue she got immediately invited for the afterparty (which she declined :shock: ) . She was young and pretty and had not spoken to anyone yet, so I don’t think she was invited because of her knowledge of Steinbeck or Brecht.
According to the rumours such is not a rare event: when you’re young and good-looking and temptingly dressed, security people might hand you an invitation. And I’ve seen several pictures of afterparties and R+ in clubs with drunk people, and young and pretty girls wearing few clothes. Till supposedly said in an interview about Mann gegen Mann that he envies gay people because they don't need 3 dinnerdates in order to get laid.

So what do they expect? I do understand they want to relax and have fun after a show, but if their invitation policy is based on sex appeal, I’d be surprised if people approach them for a good conversation about literature and philosophy. They even might think the best way to draw their attention is to dress and act vulgar.

(If this sounds offensive I’m sorry, I don’t mean it that way. I’m just wondering and maybe not proficient enough to find the most nuanced phrasings)

Edit: replaced this to the discussion thread.

Last edited by colette on Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
replaced it into the discussion thread

Post subject: Re: Party animals or sensitive bibliophiles?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:43 am 
(mod)
(mod)

The way I see it, both are possible. It even seems there are afterparties and after ,after parties.At the afterparties those revealing pretty young girls are invited as well as other fans( male and female) friends that came to visit , press and so on. While at some others we indeed only see those girls and a lot of booze. I think after parties are just a part of the job, prolongued worktime, (sponsors, pr etc)while those after, afterparties are just for letting steam off, partying and sex without a hassle.Mostly those girls aren't picked by them but by others, who hand out passes. While in their spare time they will pick out people where they want to hang out with and want to do and discuss other things that hold their interests besides R+ . I can be completely wrong ofcourse but that's how I see it. :lol: :lol: Hence his well know picture face at afterparties where a lot will stare and chase him and the more relaxed and even smiling Till when he is at ease.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:58 am 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

Oh, I'm sure you're right that part of the afterparty-thing is just work. And pretty girls make nice decoration :)

Lindemannliebe said something like: if you throw yourself onto a rockstar and dive into his pants, don't be disappointed if he asks you to leave afterwards.
And my thoughts follow a similar line: if a band suggests that aftershow partying and nightclubbing is about liquor and sex, and a singer states that "I envy the guys their easy looking at each other in a pub and then pick each other up, without all the bloody nonsense with flowers and three times out for dinner together before you are allowed to do it. It’s so much easier for them. They look at each other and have good and fast sex" , well, don't be disappointed if you attract lapdancing nitwits :rolling: .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:04 am 

Kaatjex wrote:
Oh, I'm sure you're right that part of the afterparty-thing is just work. And pretty girls make nice decoration :)

Lindemannliebe said something like: if you throw yourself onto a rockstar and dive into his pants, don't be disappointed if he asks you to leave afterwards.
And my thoughts follow a similar line: if a band suggests that aftershow partying and nightclubbing is about liquor and sex, and a singer states that "I envy the guys their easy looking at each other in a pub and then pick each other up, without all the bloody nonsense with flowers and three times out for dinner together before you are allowed to do it. It’s so much easier for them. They look at each other and have good and fast sex" , well, don't be disappointed if you attract lapdancing nitwits :rolling: .

Agreed. I'm pretty liberal in the sense that I think people should do whatever makes them happy as long as it doesnt cause harm to other people. But I think its ridiculous to "blame" so called bimbos for throwing themselves at the band or to be upset that people dont see them for the sensitive intelligent men that they supposedly are, if they're going to throw aftershow parties where they troll for the youngest, most naive , available women to have one night stands with. If they enjoy it and the young ladies consent to it, fine, but to act as if the women are all sluts and the men are "victims" who are tragically not appreciated for the kind, literate, sensitive souls that they are is just silly.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:05 pm 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

TillDreamer wrote:
...who are tragically not appreciated for the kind, literate, sensitive souls that they are...

ROFL on that. Succinct and to the point. :hug:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:38 pm 
RichBitch
RichBitch

Location: I'm moving to the country gonna eat, lick and nibble a lot of Peaches.
I don't see a problem here. If they're not hurting anybody and having a good time, what's the issue? They work insanely hard, and put forth a lot of effort for their craft. If they want to drink and enjoy themselves who are we to judge?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:17 pm 
(mod)
(mod)

Oh I'm not judging I totally agree, if they want to party that way and all having a good time, I'm perfectly fine with that.( not judging the girls either)
But it's the contradiction. If you invite girls for that reason only , the drinking , partying and sex don't be sad about the fact that you're only seen by them as a penis with a band, and not appreciated for your other qualities. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:30 pm 
RichBitch
RichBitch

Location: I'm moving to the country gonna eat, lick and nibble a lot of Peaches.
It's not all black and white.

Do you only think of Till as a penis with singing career or do you only think of a man with a singing career and happens to have a penis? That's not a fair line of reasoning.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:59 pm 
(mod)
(mod)

I think of him as a very talented, hardworking person, whose lyrics and voice( and music of the band ofcourse) captured me long before I even knew what they looked like, Who happened to be a fine looking man,who happens to have a penis. Think I didn't express clearly , what I meant. I think like every other person they sometimes want only fun , sex and to party . Other times they will seek relations with more depth and mutual interests. But not fair to the girls picked out only on appearance for the partying , to expect that they are into it for other reasons than partying and having a good time ( Hereby not implying that party girls all are airheads or stupid) Hope this explains it better :hug:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:11 pm 
Tillicious Girl
Tillicious Girl

@ DM - It may not be a fair line of reasoning, but that's how most people in those after party's think.
@ C - I agree with you

Frankly, live or let die. They work hard, and deserve to do what makes them happy, hell we all work hard in our every day lives and if something like that or whatever makes you happy, then to each their own. I stopped judging them when I got a bit older (both the band and the people at the after parties), because I don't know how I would act in those type of situations. I wouldn't be the attention go getter, but I don't think I would shy away from a one night stand (with them at least). My mind set is to have that nice long intellectual conversation, but in those types of situation, especially with booze it tends to be very difficult, but I DO see it happening. I'm sure some of those females also have that intention in meeting them, to have a nice conversation and nothing more, but sometimes we get caught up in the moment and our thinking isn't clear. I have the utmost respect for Till and all the members of Rammstein, so yeah lol.

Izod Center - E. Rutherford, NJ - 5.5.2011
Centre Bell - Montreal, QC - 7.5.2011
Nassau Coliseum - Uniondale, NY - 28.4.2012
DCU Center - Worcester, MA - 29.4.2012

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:47 pm 
Tillicious Girl
Tillicious Girl

I believe everyone essentially has their own view of right and wrong, so if they see no problem with partying hard, then that's fine by me. However my view of what is morally 'right' can be different from theirs without condemning it. Personally I highly doubt I would willingly submit to the same amount of 'activity' if I were in this kind of situation. So yes, while I see them as very intriguing individuals in regard to their creative/intelligent side, that's not all of who they are. They're human...they have human desires and are subject to human temptations. Let's be honest, if we were famous and had thousands of people to choose to spend our evening with, without knowing the majority of them, who wouldn't pick more attractive individuals if you're just aiming to have a good time? I would have to agree with TillDreamer though in that oftentimes R+ is viewed as the 'victims' and the girls they mess around with are labeled as slutty. Both assumptions are wrong and judgmental. If you're going to call the girls sluts, then you must call R+ sluts too. They shouldn't be exempt from your moral opinions simply because they're your idols. To put it in short, I don't completely agree morally with the things they do, but I support them as a band and if that involves the inclusion of their own ideas of what's fine as far as sex and partying or what have you, then so be it. Just because I support them doesn't mean I have to agree with them on everything. I don't think we should only look at both extreme ends of the spectrum but rather at both, and see them for what they are - a combination, thinkers and partiers.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:21 pm 
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)

For the most part I agree with Kaatjex and Flammenmeer. I hardly think that Kaatjex's friend - on sight alone - was asked to attend the after party for any reason other than to provide "eye candy" and possibly a whole lot more. Regarding those who (mistakenly) label the R+ boys as "victims" and the young women who pursue them as "sluts" I too disagree.

I think this is patently and totally ludicrous to see the R+ boys as "victims" - something akin to a pure, innocent choirboy being pursued by the skanky slut of the school. Come on now - open your eyes! Don't forget it always takes two to tango. Most men learn early on how to use sweet talk, outright lies and moves in order to get laid as fast and as often as possible. There are after show parties (with both male and female fans) and the after after show parties that I would imagine, are rather similar to Berlusconi's "Bunga Bunga Parties". The girls who are invited to these after after parties are simply a new "crop" pretty faces from which the R+ boys attending have to pick their T&A for the night.

...............................................She's my little rock 'n' roll
...............................................My tits and ass with soul baby*

That being said, everyone has many different facets/components to themselves. We might see someone in one "light" - for example, meeting a R+ boy at a store, coffee shop or hair stylist's. (We did have someone post a pic of herself (or her friend) who'd met Till at her hairdresser's salon). The person one would meet there would most likely be somewhat or very different at an after (or after after) party, at his mom's home, with his friends playing cards, or whatever. In other words, there is no reason that any of the R+ boys who partake in the hard partying and available T&A cannot also be good friends, sons, fathers who also have full lives - and outside interests - apart from being in the band. (Notice I'm not saying a good husband or boyfriend? That's because I don't think a "good" one would screw around, but that's just me). :wink:

* "Little T&A" by the Rolling Stones http://www.musicsonglyrics.com/T/therol ... lyrics.htm

Live a cruelty free life - go vegan.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:33 am 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

Der Metzgermeister wrote:
I don't see a problem here. If they're not hurting anybody and having a good time, what's the issue? They work insanely hard, and put forth a lot of effort for their craft. If they want to drink and enjoy themselves who are we to judge?

I don't judge them for that. They can do whatever they want, and I don't care even if they have an orgy every night. As long as consenting adults are involved I'm not judging anything. Heck, if it comes to activities other people would frown upon, I've had my share too :lol:
But if you drink and enjoy yourself in clubs with half-naked girls, and that's all I wanted to say about it, then don't judge females who are chasing you for sex and complain that they don't appreciate your sensitive and poetic nature.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:35 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

Kaatjex wrote:
But if you drink and enjoy yourself in clubs with half-naked girls, and that's all I wanted to say about it, then don't judge females who are chasing you for sex and complain that they don't appreciate your sensitive and poetic nature.

Who is saying that though? Where is that coming from?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:52 am 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

^BeeKay, I agree with you in any points.
That's why I would prefer to meet any of the R+ boys in a quiet location, maybe while drinking a coffee or whatever...
So you'd be able to TALK. I think I wouldn't be interested to go to an after show party...it'd be just disappointing for me I believe, because I'm no "partyanimal" at all and I didn't want to be misunderstood as a groupie or someone who just wanted to party with them (or more...) because they are famous.
Actually I don't care at all what they do at those partys, it's their lifes and they are old enough to know what they are doing.
But sometimes I have to think about what their children may think about that. I'd surely have a HUGE problem with my dad hanging around and sleeping with different girls, who are even younger than me, every night. That could have a big influence on me how I see men in general I guess. If their girlfriends/wifes can live with that, okay...Like I said before it's their life.
Spoken for myself, I couldn't live in such kind of a relationship. You can make yourself believe that it's okay but I think that in each of those relationships there comes the point when the hurt gets bigger than the "love" and it will end.
So I don't see any sense in that at all.
But that's only my point of view.