Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Music You Listen To When Nobody Else Is Around.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:14 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Admit it guys, as you all have songs that you like that you can only listen to by yourself. If you say not, you're denying it because your song choice might be too cheesy. Well here, don't be afraid, because you'll probably find others with the same music on the iPods, mp4s, etc etc, and yes, you in-the-closet Abba fans, this includes you (if there are any on here), and feel free to post (and don't be embarrassed)

Quote from my own mind.

Post subject: Re: Music You Listen To When Nobody Else Is Around.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:03 pm 

PFFTTTT I yell it from the rooftops- I LOVE ABBA!!!!! Are you kidding?? Their musical composition is astounding. :D

I am also a Neil Diamond fan, but I don't hide that, either lol.
I suppose Spice Girls, NSYNC and old Britney Spears would be on that list haha. Hey, I listen to so many different types of music, and am not ashamed of it :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:47 pm 

Justin Timberlake and Lady Gaga. I work in a high school, darn infectious pop music!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:24 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Location: SFV, California, US; snuggled between Richard and Paul....Ooo Flake, come here! <3
About 3 months ago, I went to a bar/club for a friends birthday. The song "Cake" by Rhianna came on and I loved the beat. Today I caught myself listening to it on youtube. :blush:

Darn it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:08 am 

Manfred mann my Dad was a huge fan. Fave song is come tomorrow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:03 pm 
Celtic Kruspe Addict
Celtic Kruspe Addict

Location: On the banks of Loch Ness dreaming of a Kruspy Cream.....
@Hobo73 I :heart: ABBA too :D I've even been to see tribute band Bjorn Again & the Mama Mia stage show :lol:

Ummm I guess 80's cheesy music, some (not all) chart music, Clanadonia (Scottish pipe & drum busking band - VERY good live) and some classical piano & orchestra music :D
I'm not embarrassed to admit liking any of it, it's just most people (mostly work colleagues) would be like :shock: "Eh? :? Aye right - so ye do" if I told them. They think all I listen to is heavy *screams* "Raaaaawwr" music from "That scary German band". I get called a 'mosher'. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:06 pm 

^^ AWESOME!!

I used to be like "ABBA? blah..." but my husband and his dad told me to listen to the composition. Their songs are REALLY well put-together. So between that and the great vocals, well- I'm a fan now! lmao.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:48 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^ I've never had a bad thing about ABBA myself, though I won't be buying their CDs. As for me, most of what I listen to is stuff that would surprise people as I could be playing a song and someone asks me what I'm playing and I say Picker's Blues by Eric Gibson of the Gibson Brothers, and they could be surprised as they could immediately think that I'm talking about the French funk(ish) band when I'm actually talking about the American bluegrass band with the same name. Not just that, but only a few people know that I'm into Ronnie Bowman, and my mum and I are both Neil Diamond fans and it's also the right time to say that I am also a fan of Glen Campbell and went to see him in 2007, as he's got Alzheimers and mum and I both think that he will be the next country music legend to pass on. Am also into Ronnie Bowman, and I am also a huge fan of Goran Bregovic (those who haven't heard his music should go onto YouTube and check it out as he does Eastern European music and he's the one with the white suit, blue guitar, and curly hair, in case people get confused as he also has a drummer up front with him)

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:32 pm 
Tillicious Girl
Tillicious Girl

Dude, there's no shame in liking Glen Campbell. He's one of the few country people I can actually tolerate because he has such a nice voice without being twangy. (At least, he did before he got old.)

As for me...well, I don't really feel much shame about a lot of the things I like. The only thing I can think of that I sorta felt half-guilty about liking is Robin Thicke, but even with that I've decided not to feel bad about it anymore. Why? I caught my brother singing "Blurred Lines" last week. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:21 pm 

^ - I admit, I hate Blurred Lines. No means no. Always. Getting someone drunk or drugged is an automatic unspoken no. That song infuriates me. This is from a survivor of abuse who is married to a law enforcement officer. Made 1,000,000 times worse post VMAs - same as Nipplegate - she's horrible, crass and disgusting. He's fine, just being a male. Frack that. Both parties in their respective cases knew what they were doing and both songs are at best questionable.

*off topic rant off*

But, dang that Wrecking Ball. There's so much wrong, but it's stupidly infectious.

Also Whip My Hair, if only because I can whip my hair back and forth.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:26 am 
Tillicious Girl
Tillicious Girl

Well, the way I feel about "Blurred Lines" is the same as how you feel about "Wrecking Ball." I just...can't...stop. x_x

ALSO. Omigosh "Whip My Hair." I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH OH DEAR GOD PLEASE MAKE IT STOP.

Yeah, I probably went too far on that, but I believe I've made my point. :P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:34 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^Ok what is this "Whip my hair"?? Might go check that out, will I be hugely disappointed or pleasantly surprised?

I may have to hang my head in shame or never show my face around here again, but in my defence I do have a very eclectic taste in music...I went (willingly) to see Bruno Mars last month and my gawd he was good. I may have been one of the oldest people there and the only person rocking an Iron Maiden shirt, tartan kilt, fishnets and Rock boots, but I thoroughly LOVED every minuet...cant say the same for my hubby though, not amused :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:17 pm 

It's a few years old now, Will Smith's daughter back in her cute and not too crazy days. It's an awful song, it's pop music stupidity. But I have hair that I can sit on even when braided. Since I have pretty curly hair (looser rotation than Schneider's but a smaller diameter per curl), at knee length appearance, it was long enough to be nearly at the floor. So, teehee, I really can whip my hair.

Only lyrics I can remember is the 'I whip my hair back and forth, I whip my hair back and forth"

Plus, her whipping hair is actually extensions. Mine is all grown from my crazy head. So my whipping hair is way better.

OT, but R+ related - I was debating to cut back to mid back. DH said we should vote like R+. I had to point out the failures. First, two of us, we'd be tied. Second, R+ vote was cut, so if we're voting as R+, DH would have to vote to cut. But, since I found his idea ridiculously cute, sweet, adorable and hilarious, I didn't cut my hair. Yeah, I know it's my hair, so his vote shouldn't be considered. But, I was really not sure I'd like cutting my hair short, so even if DH just pouted, I'd have not cut. He'd still be very wonderful to me if I had cut (or if I do cut now), but it's such a trivial issue, so I like making hubby very happy. Because, well, erm 18+ reasons. Which make me very happy. So, I like to casual mention cutting my carpet and drapes. Teehee.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:47 am 
Olli Dolly
Olli Dolly

I do indulge in some really cheesy pop stuff, like One Direction :oops: :oops: And songs that you don't want to like but hear them played so often you end up YouTubing them, like Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus, or songs like that :oops: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:03 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

I like a bit of Boney M, so don't be embarrassed. Also admitting that (thanks to certain people at work) I am starting to get into Bob The Builder again (because said person put a Bob The Builder CD on the jukebox at work). Also listen to Whiskey Chimp and the Corries too (they did an album featuring comedy songs). I'm not ashamed to say that I'm a Glen Campbell fan, and hey, I even listen to Daniel O'Donnell and Cliff Richard's music would be music to my ears, aswell as Dominic Kirwan, and those who have seen videos of Daniel, Cliff, and Dominic, will notice that the average age of their audiences is about 70, which was like when I saw Aly & Phil in 2012, as I am pretty sure I was the youngest. Also hate to admit that I like The Promise by Cheryl Cole and Single Ladies by Beyonce, and What Makes You Beautiful by One Erection is so catchy that it's in my head, and I know someone who got up on stage with me a few years ago at my local folk festival and sang Single Ladies (and played it Scruggs-style on the banjo).

Quote from my own mind.