Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bands You Dislike...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:30 pm 

I actually have heard of them. I'm in the wild untamed area known as Colorado. I have a coworker who tried to convince me on a handful of metal covers, and yuck. Seriously, there's nothing enjoyable at all in the sound. It's torture. Use it in prisons for the sick child molesters is the only use I can find for it.

The various hip pop current radio worship stuff is less hideous to listen to. That's just annoying, I don't want to pour sulfuric acid in my ears and throw whatever is making that hideous racket in liquid nitrogen.

The closest I can get to liking anything vaguely country/bluegrass is John 5's solo work.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:39 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^ Most of the time, I listen to the Del McCoury Band. They are what you would call traditional bluegrass ie. descended from the likes of Bill Monroe. One of my favourite songs that they do is 1952 Vincent Black Lightening, which actually inspired me to learn the song, and they also do When It Comes To You by Mark Knopfler, which is my favourite version of the song and I also happen to know it. Also have their recent album, Streets Of Baltimore, and they did an album not too long ago with a guy called Keller Williams, called Pick (as the Travelin' McCourys), and there's a little known song on there called Price Tag, by a little known artist called Jessie J. Might not be your cup of tea, but at the same time, you might like what they do. As for bluegrass covers of metal songs, no matter what anyone says, I'm into them, and I may sound crazy for saying this, but if I was given 20 seconds to choose between murder ballads or cheesy pop songs or face death by something not-very-nice if I didn't choose, I would go for murder ballads, because cheesy pop songs, in my opinion, are generic unless stated otherwise and the first original song I ever sang at my local folk festival was akin to a murder ballad (I'd written a song about meeting the devil). You should also listen to some of Pete Seeger's songs, as he did a load of good songs, including one called Quite Early Morning, which is a song about freedom (which was his speciality).

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:22 am 

^ I do not like country, bluegrass, whatever it's called. At all. It's horrible crap to me. It's whiny, obnoxious crap or it's pop music with a fiddle. I do not enjoy it, I do not like it and I am unlikely to ever like it.

I like Watain, Bathory, Turisas, that range of music. It's not for everyone, but I'm ok with that. Rammstein and NIN are pretty tame in my world. I'm a metal head and I like it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:58 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^^ That's understandable, as bluegrass is my fave genre but is not everyone's cup of tea. Doesn't mean I don't respect their opinion, as I do. Matter of fact, I'd welcome you into my friend circle, and I also like other genres, so although I'm a bluegrass gal at heart, I have a varied taste in music (same with movies).

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:55 am 

I do like music, but grew up with Bathory (first heard around 6), NIN (8 or so for Pretty Hate Machine), Nirvana (10), and I'm trying to stick with well known music here. So, whatever Bathory winds up being called, industrial, grunge. I do love me some James Taylor, but I'm really a metal head.

I do think a big issue is current radio country / bluegrass is so dang hyper conservative half the time. I'm as trashy as the next, but it's not an excuse to be an ignorant f***head. The station my coworker loves has some whiny little ignorant pig on all the time with his racist pig song declaring himself not racist but because he lurves his Craftsman, go 'Murica. Dingbat has no clue. Go read packaging. It's hardly a pro Murica company, a good majority of non Sears branded items are emblazoned with that dreaded Made in China tag. I'm first generation on my dad's side, DH is first generation flat out and a US military veteran. It's not pro Murica ever. It's racism. DH and I are acceptable, we're Caucasian. The kid who meets DREAM Act is as American as us, but they're not worthwhile because they're not Caucasian.

I don't generally get bugged on political views by celebs but when it's every fricking last whine - I'm bugged. I'm weird, I admit.

But - current "jam ice picks in my ears, pour bleach in my eyes" hate is Lorde. Gak. Babybat in need of conditioner who is into some variant of twerking. Ain't nothing new, go back 20 years, it's Courtney Love.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:21 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^ I'm also into James Taylor, and am a huge Pete Seeger fan. Yes, I know that he had non-fans, but he stood up for what he believed in and that was what he did since he first picked up a musical instrument. Yes, he did bluegrass songs, but he was a folk musician and did loads of folk songs not just from the American songbook, but from the English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, etc etc, songbooks (which is also where some bluegrass songs came from, aswell as some metal songs if you're into folk metal etc). Also love Cajun music (as does my mum, for that matter), and celtic music, and you can even find me listening to Tuvan throat singing aswell as African drum music, Native American chants, right down to Japanese folk music (I love the sound of the shamisen). You also hit the nail on the head with the whole thing about whining as I'm ashamed to admit that I do it sometimes (usually when my computer is acting up), and I will also say that I've never followed the "twerking" craze (and will never either).

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:43 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^Haha, do you and I have some weird connection going on here....I just wrote about Placebo in the other thread!! Love me some Brian Malko, not like that, but his music is pure bliss....and I have a crazy love for AFI, hoping they make it to the UK soon.

Music I don't like....hum I have a very open mind with music. I love lots of classic and jazz, I play clarinet and sax. The only thing I truly can not stand to listen to is dance and dub step. My opinion is if it doesn't include instruments or a singer then it's not music...just computer generated noise. I can do that on my mac too, Doesn't make me a DJ!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:48 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^^ Yeah, you can, and besides, I like it when people have musical tastes that are different compared to mine. Matter of fact, I'm one of the only members of my family who loves bluegrass, because most of my family are non-country fans.

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:24 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Most of pop and pop-rock, and fake-rock bands like Bon Jovi. By chance I'm watching "Blaze Of Glory". I cannot help thinking they always manage to make the most ridiculous and stereotyped videos ever.

I've got much similar taste to Rammsteinfanatic :lol: Enjoy classic symphonic, some opera, almost every kind of jazz, ethno, african, electronic/big beat, and cross-overs (like Apocalyptica).

Last edited by nina hagen on Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:05 pm 
Rosenrot Donator
Rosenrot Donator

I'm pretty open to music of many kinds, (including classical, and oldies, even really old oldies like Glenn Miller Orchestra and Sinatra, etc) but I really am not fond of newer country (though I can tolerate it, to a tiny extent) (I do however, like old country like Johnny Cash and Patsy Cline), or rap (cannot tolerate it at all). The artist I really, really, really can't stand though is Lady Gaga. OMG just seeing her face on a magazine makes me feel irritated. Can't stand the way she sounds, and her outfits and whatnot make me want to puke!

Totally awesome avatar image by artist Andrew Hunter of Voodoo Tattoo in Boston, Lincolnshire (https://www.facebook.com/yayzus)
(Thanks to Butcher for pointing this out!)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:36 am 
Rosenrot Donator
Rosenrot Donator

It's hard to be specific. But I don't like this modern type of rock/metal that is on the radio.
For me it's weak musically, lyrics are depthless and it's made to fit a wider audience.. Therefor it sounds like it does.

I don't like bands such as Kiss, Bon Jovi or Twisted Sisters.
For me they are generic, cheesy and plain boring.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:27 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

Not a band but at the moment I am really disliking Taylor Swift :brr:
All I ever hear on the radio is that stupid "shake it off" song and it's driving me mad!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:21 am 

I'm a very mixed listener these days, i'm into pop more than metal. But i dislike Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber etc. They're very generic and boring, so boring that even if they have a good song (like Katy's Dark Horse), they can't use the potential (and it's ugly video). Anyway, they're not bands :lol:

I don't like Manowar. The ''yeah warriors macho battle'' lyrics seem so dull. The ''eff yeah metal'' genre is not my cup of tea.