Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bands You Dislike...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:10 pm 

I hate rap and country. I just really, really do lol.
OLD school country-western is cool in my book.

I HATE Green Day, everything Metallica put out from The Black Album onward, Pearl Jam, Disturbed (if only because ALL THEIR SONGS SOUND THE EXACT SAME), new age pop music is all lumped together, GWAR, hmm....who else.....I'm sure there are more I'll add ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:38 pm 

It may be sacrilegious, but I don't get Motorhead at all.

Current Marilyn Manson. Get a decent guitar player back, get Twiggy back on bass, I'd probably like the recorded stuff at least. His voice is shot from drugs, so it's not a good live band IMO. John 5 was the best guitar player the insane asylum had.

Country is torture. I grew up in areas without much country radio, so it's just bad.

Gangsta rap. Probably for the same reason I don't listen to Slipknot's Iowa. Every third word starts with F and rhymes with duck. They sound like an obnoxious little dog yapping.

Nightwish with Anette on vocals. She didn't have enough power in her voice for their style.

But, I tend to like most any metal.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:57 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

^I agree regarding Nightwish - they are one of my favourite bands but only with Tarja - such a pity she left :( But rumor has it that they are also replacing Annette so hopefully it will be with someone good
Manson's recorded stuff is good but yes, he is crap live. He was recently carried off stage by his crew after he collpased and started puking :shock: He blamed it on "the flu". Ummmmm, yeah right

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:03 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Everythings that's played on the radio nowadays. And Schlager music. :headwall:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:58 pm 

^^Anette's out, Floor Jansen from Revamp took over for touring. Can't see her staying and putting up with the crap. Granted, I think they've all generally not been the best behaved at all times - but geesh children, play civil at least in the media. Peaches as diva is fun, Tuomas as diva seems a little too mean spirited and nasty.

Saw Manson on the Twins of Evil tour. Ugh. Total mayhem, he's so lost on stage. I mean, it was fun to drive my Dad up the wall with Manson, but I've mostly outgrown that so it's not entertaining. I'm not going to say no drugs and alcohol ever on a tour - but geesh, how the heck have some not learned to not fry your brain. Isn't Ozzy enough of a warning? I am willing to accept one of the R+ guys getting sick on stage from some bug - but not Manson anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:37 am 

Cannot stand Taylor swift.. all her songs seem to be about the same boring rubbish no one gives a hoot about and her songs are always on the radio when i get in the car. Defo agree with the justin bieber and rihanna ones too . I listen mostly to metal and rock but i dont mind other music if its done well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:17 am 
Tillicious Girl
Tillicious Girl

^^ As far as Floor Jansen, Revamp is supposed to release their new album in September, anyway, so I suppose she'll be too busy touring and promoting that album to stick around as Nightwish's vocalist. I personally don't mind Anette's vocals so much, although I'll go with the general consensus that Tarja is miles better.

^ I think the thing with Taylor Swift is that her material is based on the same stuff. The joke has been made by many of my friends (including those who listen to her) that when she puts out a new album, one can't help but raise the question, "OK, who did she break up with THIS time?"

As far as others to put onto my list, someone mentioned GWAR. I agree with that.

This other one that I'll mention at this time may stir up some controversy (although perhaps not as much as in some other musical circles). I've tried so hard to understand why people like Bob Dylan so much, but I can't do it. His voice is so awful to me. Young Dylan was bad enough, but time made it even worse, so by the time you get to Old Dylan, it's hard to understand how people who love Young Dylan can put up with Old Dylan. That's just my opinion, though.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:02 pm 

^ Yup, I doubt Floor will stay. She's got a voice that works well, but Revamp is got new stuff, plus what I've seen/read over the years, I can't see her putting up with the eventual train wreck. We were at the Denver concert, skuttlebutt is the replacement vs canceling was pretty much all on Tuomas and the manager (Ewo?) Could be entirely false, could be half right, but it fits with the known history. Or at least some sides opinions. Of which, there's a good two dozen opinions from those involved, and the reality is probably towards the middle. But, when three members are driven out and a fourth was dang close (and still looks miserable, I won't be shocked at a departure), eventually it's just not realistic that the ones gone hold the majority of fault.

I didn't hate Anette on vocals, but it's expecting a vocalist with some power in their voice - which all the songs are written and performed as such - then having a lighter, pop vocal sound. Anette isn't bad, but it just wasn't happening.

But, in regards to older country - ugh. That's worse than the current pountry stuff. Boo fricking woo, you lost your dog, the truck has a flat and your wife left your whiny butt. Grow some balls already. Then, the blasted cover of Hurt. Good Lord, hell to the no. That's seriously hideous, there's nothing decent in any form of that less than half's :x: ed cover. Heck, even that obnoxious mid 00 Baby Got Back cover was better.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:45 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^ Cash fan here and if you want classic country without the trucks, dogs, and wives, you could always take a look at how country was in the 20s and 30s because back then it was artists like Bob Nolan and Gene Autry and their load sang songs about gathering cattle (The Last Roundup) and tumbleweeds (Tumbling Tumbleweeds) and not knowing that the gun was loaded (I Didn't Know The Gun Was Loaded) and wanting to make it up to your father (That Silver Haired Daddy Of Mine) etc, and the first song in O Brother is actually from 1923, and some songs that I know are older and more country than modern country... which is why I turned onto bluegrass because bluegrass is where my heart lies.

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:53 pm 

Nope, that's ear torture also. I don't care if various musicians I like love the stuff, I would rather blast gangsta rap 24/7 for the rest of my life than listen to country or bluegrass. Like a song "I Didn't Know The Gun Was Loaded", maybe it's from always living in or near large metropolitan areas, but the only thing I think then is EXCUSE ME? How big of a worthless f :x: wad are you to not know? Really, you expect anyone to believe your stupid, lying a :x: on that?

I fully admit I am probably just not right in the head at times. But, I see it more as a generational or cultural gap. My life shows the statement is bull, I can't wrap my mind to accept it, and the title alone pisses me off. I should go look up the lyrics, but haven't yet.

I fully admit I enjoy some less than outstanding music. I find GWAR, Lordi and Slipknot at very least amusing.

But, ick, just not country.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:23 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^ It's an old song, TMD, and hey, bluegrass is not a bad genre. Matter of fact, where else can you get stuff like Little Girl Of Mine In Tennessee? It deals with love (not in the way that pop does), and hey, no offence administered and certainly none taken because I can understand that there are people out there who don't have the same tastes as me, and I have no idea who GWAR actually are but then again, maybe they're not what I would listen to, but at least different genres appeal to different people, and I'd actually have you as a friend in real life because of our differing musical tastes and if you want something bluegrassy that you will probably like, Hayseed Dixie would be the right band, as they do bluegrass covers of metal songs and Mein Teil is included (and they even do a certain song by Motorhead called Ace Of Spades)... and they even have songs about putting condoms in shoes underneath the bed (Underneath The Bed being the song title) and to be direct honest, I have never understood gangsta rap (never appealed to me in the slightest)

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:51 am 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

Location: Snuggled up between Schny and Tilly...oh, and Ollie :D
Let's see...We have Black Veil Brides, The Used, Pierce the Veil, Asking Alexandria, and Avenged Sevenfold to name a few. I don't like any form of country (bluegrass, "new country", etc.), but that's about the only genre I don't like something from.

I looked away, I turned away!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:44 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^ You obviously haven't heard of bands like Grandpa's Cough Medicine, as, as bluegrassy as they are, their setlist includes stuff like Chainsaw Crescendo (about wanting to take revenge using a chainsaw), The Murder Chord (pretty sure that Slayer are given a mention) and they even do a cover of One by Metallica (who are amongst their influences). And I'm a bluegrass gal at heart (albeit one that respects your opinion as you are entitled to it)

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:48 am 
Rosenrot Devotee
Rosenrot Devotee

Location: Snuggled up between Schny and Tilly...oh, and Ollie :D
^ Just not my cup of tea, from what I've heard of it.

I looked away, I turned away!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:28 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^ That's understandable, and besides, you should take a listen to Grandpa's Cough Medicine, as they are both bluegrass and metal and the subject matter in Chainsaw Crescendo... well... Leatherface, anyone? Also heard of bluegrass bands plugging in ie. electric guitars etc and you'd be surprised because your favourite artists might have started in music because of people like Doc Watson (who was blind but could make many sighted guitarists look like beginners because of what he could do)

Quote from my own mind.