Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lost Prophets singer Ian Watkins in court.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:16 pm 

I Searched this and didnt find anyone else talking about it here.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/dec/3 ... kins-court

The singer has been in court and remanded in custody until the 11th March on child sex charges. I was absolutely shocked when I read this. I wont go into detail but you can read about it in the link above.

The reason i posted this was to see if there was any Lost Prophet fans here (i am not a fan) I just wanted to know how you feel. Has it effected your feeling towards their music? I just cant imagine how I would react to the news of a band member of a band I was so passionate about doing something like this. Obviously there's some innocent victims here and my hearts go out to them and their families, but, I also couldn't help but feel sympathy for his band mates. There name is in the dirt now radio stations and music tv stations don't play there music anymore. The rest of the band will have to start all over again. I cant see them getting a new singer and carrying on as lost prophets and playing the songs that Watkins wrote the lyrics to.

What are other peoples thoughts? I have children myself so I understand this is a sensitive topic and understand if the topic gets deleted.

Post subject: Re: Lost Prophets singer Ian Watkins in court.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:54 pm 
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)
Mistress of Ceremonies (admin)

I hadn't heard of this band before this horrible revelation hit the media. Suffice to say, "innocent until proven guilty" - but it's hard to imagine that he's innocent, isn't it?
Crimes against innocent children - especially sex crimes - are totally indefensible.
Sometimes I wonder if it would be better to have the death penalty for certain crimes?

Live a cruelty free life - go vegan.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:33 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

Here's the latest on the Ian Watkins trial -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jun/0 ... -baby-rape

"...and two women who cannot be named for legal reasons." Why? They've put his name out there and he's yet to be proven guilty (although I must say, if they've THIS much evidence on him, over twenty counts relating to child abuse, it doesn't look hopeful he's innocent) so why not name them too, especially when one has made a confession to what she's done! This is so unsettling and upsetting...I'm just glad the other boys from Lostprophets aren't being tarnished by association too, because their drummer, Luke Johnson, is an old pal of mine (and, a drunken kissing buddy while on a night out on a couple of occasions. Yes, he's a damn good kisser! :wink: ) I haven't seen him since before he moved to the US and began drumming for the band Amen for a brief stint, but I still think fondly of him and all that (he used to work at the Tesco store over the road from me, I always liked popping over for Luke hugs and a chatter!) so I'm glad he and the rest of the boys haven't been dragged into it all, like some small minded folk can do, guilty by association and all that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:53 am 

I did like a few of their songs, but after I heard the news I cannot bring myself to listen to them anymore. I feel physically sick when I think of what happened. I feel so sorry for his band mates as they now have alot of work ahead of them to rebuild what they worked so hard for.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway
Newcastle -29/02/2012

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:54 pm 

I'm a high school teacher, married to a man in law enforcement. This does taint my opinion, but I'll try to explain fairly as to why names should NOT be made public.

1 - It's an Associated Press standard to not publish disclosing information on victims of sex crimes or victims who are under age of majority if at all possible. Before I get bashed about the Trayvon Martin case - the case wasn't picked up as the deceased was a minor until his parents released the information, at which point, AP publishes names. Victim or family go public, it's fair game.

2 - The children are absolutely innocent. As adults, we as a society need to do a far better job of protecting children. Naming women in this case will likely lead to the children, who we didn't protect enough to start with. Which then goes against AP standards.

ETA - I wanted to ok this with my husband first, as this might give away my privacy. But, he's ok as long as I don't get too detailed. As such, this is strictly from my experience, I don't know of forums or articles relating to this, and I will not add further details.

We saw them on the 2008(? Ilan was still the drummer) tour. We then got to go to the after party (AfPa for short here with Associated Press previously mention). We've been at many AfPa, including with acts who make Till and RZK look like Catholic priests. This AfPa however was the absolute worst.

Because I was wearing my wedding ring and refusing to hook up, I was called several derogatory names with 5 minutes. DH and I turn to leave, and there was the singer who made far worse comments. As in, making DH enraged to the point I was having to try to physically drag him away.

I'm disgusted at the charges, and if true, I think he should be put in general population, no protection at all. But, part of me isn't hugely shocked, though I figured it be a 16 or 17 year old.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:10 am 

CNN just picked up - Watkins pled guilty to several of the charges, 29 years in prison, 6 years what sounds like parole. Being investigated in at least Germany and US for similar charges.

Throw him in general population and make it well known he's a child molester.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:56 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

One reason why if I ever listen to Lostprophets songs it will be strictly bluegrass covers and I don't normally say this but I hope that karma bites him in the backside.

Quote from my own mind.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:27 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Haha, he thinks 35 years is unfair :headwall: he is actually appealing! TMD is right, make sure they all know he is a child molester....he get what's owed. I am finding that I have to censor my thoughts about this cos I may come across as..........

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-ne ... l-sentence

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:00 am 

Guards/low paying jobs/etc are usually the ones who spread the news, at least in the US. Which leads to solitary, pretty much for the rest of the sentence. While, I have no clue on UK guards - the system is (AFAIK) all but guaranteed to prohibit long term solitary. Since the vile pervert is a public figure, I can't see this case to be forgotten, even without guards involved. Add in here - the truly heinous cases, oops, didn't see that on the last six checks.

Granted, I don't find it right. I'm really against death penalty - either by the state directly or by the guards/state ignoring the actions. But, these type of crimes really push my limits.

Apparently, it's unlikely that he'd be allowed to stand trial in the US. The solitary issue being a large part. However, there's also potential federal involvement. Which no longer allows parole. Darn. Send him here. If it's not federal, he'll likely be in the supermax near me which is apparently really hell. Seems fair enough - you ruin a child's life to play your sick games for laughs, you can have your life ruined as such.

35 years is nothing. It should be 335 years, no parole. Granted, as an adopting Momma Bear - anyone tries anything, the only trial would be me for homicide. Plus, awwwwww, everyone is being mean and are shunning him. Try again. No one likes to be around sociopathic sexual predators, at least if they aren't equally sick.

But, I'm warped. LEO husband, teacher, parent and related to a sexual predator. Guess what, no one in that family even acknowledges the predator exist. And if there's a level of bad - at least my family sicko at least only went after 15-18 year olds vs babies.