Rosenrot logo

Rosenrot - Rammstein Fan Forum -

A place for fans of Rammstein to gather.
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: What's the WORST movie you've seen lately?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:28 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

Disarm wrote:
Maybe this topic could be expanded to also include the worst movie you've seen lately.

*waves thread making wand*

I'll start this off: Thirteen Ghosts.

Your usual bad B movie standard horror flick. Bunch of people trapped in a glass house full of homicidal ghosts. Yeah, really believeable stuff from the beginning. This movie fails at being good because it takes itself WAY too seriously. The characters keep going on about some stupid alternative Zodiac where the devil is supposed to have designed a machine powered by ghosts that opens up hell, and it's all presented like it's true and you should be scared. The acting is dreadful, the characters are really generic and unlikeable. There are about... 3 deaths in the whole thing, which is such a let down for a film that has a major stiffy for itself as being a uber gory film. The makeup is really good, however, the ghosts themselves are pretty good-looking in the scary department, but it's all ruined by the fact that the characters have to wear these dumb glasses to see them. It's like one of those 3D films that need red and blue glasses to enjoy them, only you don't have the glasses so it sucks. The ending is a big pile of cheese... the main guy finds his wife as one of the ghosts, he has to save his kids "for true love" and he ends up blubbing about how much he loves his wife... blah blah blah yuck. Incidentally, it stars the guy who played Shaggy in the Scooby Doo films, and the guy from Monk.

Post subject: Re: What's the WORST movie you've seen lately?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:59 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Cheers, mate. I'm lazy, so I couldn't be bothered to start a new thread. XD But let's do it! I shall delete, edit and post! Hoo-ah!

So yeah, finally managed to sit through Twatlight. Needed a few breaks in between, cos I was either A) bored as hell, or B) pissed off at the massive amounts of FAIL. I promised to find positive things, so here goes:

-No purple prose! Ah, it was such a relief not to be subjected to passage after passage of "Edward is so BOOTIFUL and PURFEKT and HAWT! I want him to put a BABY in me!"
-The fighting scene. I actually thought it was done really well. It was a lot more dramatic and believable than in the book. Too bad it lasted for only five minutes.
-Edward's constipated stalker looks were so incredibly funny. XD
-I loved Eric and Mike. Oh, and Billy Black! "I'm down with the kids!" Haha.
-I have mixed feelings about the baseball scene. On one hand it was kinda fun and cool, on the other... well, the music. I hate it that my favourite band has to be connected to this crap.
-The scene where Bella is leaving Forks. Again, only a couple of minutes, but I felt so bad for her dad. :(
-And the end! I was like, "YES! Over aaand DONE!"

The rest of the film was just plain lame. I was really bummed that, because of the bad quality of my (coughilllegalcough) copy, I didn't get to "enjoy" the glitter scene to the fullest. I wanted to see Eddiekins spurklz. :( But enough of that. I just wasted perfectly good two hours of my holiday. Yay. Don't wanna waste any more.

tl;dr: Twilight's shite. Don't watch it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:16 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

^^ could have been worse, you could have paid 8 euros to see it. Not worth the money.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:07 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Finsternis wrote:
^^ could have been worse, you could have paid 8 euros to see it. Not worth the money.
Good point. Actually, the closest cinema from me charges nine euros for the clip. All the others are 5-8 €. But of course Twilight, our special snowflake, deserves more. (Yes, I'm aware it's just the theatre's way to make that bit more money. :P)

Twilight really just makes me want to rant my heart out. And the fact that there's gonna be MORE in autumn is just beyond ridiculous. Add the possible Jonas Brothers and Hilary Duff into the mix and we've got one big EPIC FAIL in our hands.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:29 am 
RichBitch
RichBitch

Disarm wrote:
Add the possible Jonas Brothers and Hilary Duff into the mix and we've got one big EPIC FAIL in our hands.

What.

Please tell me you're joking. I can hear the hysterical girly screams already ><

You've gotta love Robert Pattinson's attitude towards it, though. He said all this in an interview:

Robert Pattinson wrote:
"This woman [Stephenie Meyer] is mad! She's completely mad and in love with her own fictional creation"

"It was like reading her [Stephenie Meyer's] sort of sexual fantasy"

"When I didn't realise it was going to be so hyped. It was scary when it's coming out"

"I was convinced that... Stephenie was convinced... that she was Bella"

"Some of this details about Edward are so... specific. And especially when she says it was based on her dream... and it's like 'Oh, I had this dream about this really sexy vampire...' and she just writes this book about it"

"And sometimes you just feel uncomfortable reading this thing..."

Mr Pattinson, you may have a face like an arse, but I admire your spirit :lol:

Now quickly, post a different movie before this turns into a anti-Twatlight thread

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:40 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Ok so it wasn't recently that I saw it, but Starship Troopers was the worst piece of garbage I've ever seen. I'd rather watch paint dry that to sit through that again. I think I lost brain cells it was so bad. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:23 pm 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

Oh, this was a few years ago, but--I walked out on Moulin Rouge in the theater about, oh, halfway through.

Okay, let me see if I remember what the f***ing thing was: Ewan MacGregor--or whoever the male lead was--as some ex-pat or whatever in turn-of-the-century Paris, tripping on absinthe. Nicole Kidman as a hooker dying of tuberculosis, still working out of the brothel the movie was named for. A musical number that completely threw out any pretense at being appropriate for the historical period, and was a medley including part of a Nirvana song.
(Now, don't get me wrong. Modern music in a period piece? I'm not totally against it. They did a pretty good job of it in A Knight's Tale. This, however, was not that movie.)
Let's review this plot line again: guy tripping out, dying hooker. How they fall in love, do some romantic number no less, and make the whole thing happy in the process, I'll never know. For crying out loud, Pearl Harbor made more sense, and that one was essentially two movies (war and love story) forcibly merged together. Kind of like the protagonists in this one, actually.

Bring on the absinthe. Maybe it'll make more sense to watch it while under the influence.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:46 am 
SchneiderSexual
SchneiderSexual

The stupidest movie I've seen lately would have to be Quarantine. Total waste of two hours of my life. :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:14 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

^ you should watch the original version 'Rec.'. its all in Spanish but its much better than the crappy American remake :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:33 am 
Rosenrot Fanatic
Rosenrot Fanatic

SusanRenee49 wrote:
Oh, this was a few years ago, but--I walked out on Moulin Rouge in the theater about, oh, halfway through.

Okay, let me see if I remember what the f***ing thing was: Ewan MacGregor--or whoever the male lead was--as some ex-pat or whatever in turn-of-the-century Paris, tripping on absinthe. Nicole Kidman as a hooker dying of tuberculosis, still working out of the brothel the movie was named for. A musical number that completely threw out any pretense at being appropriate for the historical period, and was a medley including part of a Nirvana song.
(Now, don't get me wrong. Modern music in a period piece? I'm not totally against it. They did a pretty good job of it in A Knight's Tale. This, however, was not that movie.)
Let's review this plot line again: guy tripping out, dying hooker. How they fall in love, do some romantic number no less, and make the whole thing happy in the process, I'll never know. For crying out loud, Pearl Harbor made more sense, and that one was essentially two movies (war and love story) forcibly merged together. Kind of like the protagonists in this one, actually.

Bring on the absinthe. Maybe it'll make more sense to watch it while under the influence.

See I'm the total opposite :lol: I thought the modern music in A Knight's Tale made it super dorky, but it was ok in Moulin Rouge. Although the plot line to Moulin Rouge was rather "simple", hehe I mean it's not a cinematic masterpiece, that's for sure.
And I hated Pearl Harbor. I mean it was just ... ugh. The most pointless and self serving "love" story I've ever seen :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:35 pm 
SchneiderSexual
SchneiderSexual

^^I shall have to. A lot of American re-makes are crappy. Can you believe that they are re-making Last House on the Left? Ugh! When will they stop? :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:59 pm 
SchneiderSexual
SchneiderSexual

Just three words: BURN-AFTER-READING

no, no, no and NO... what a crap, no matter what critics can say...

Thank you for everything. Thank you for made of me who I am today. I Love you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:20 am 

Devil's Diary. Just a really bad attempt at making a horror movie. Especially when they would replay scenes in slow motion and in greyscale.

Stupidest movie I've seen (yes I know, it's not worst, but I feel like mentioning it xD) recently is Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny. It's kind of funny at the start... but the jokes are really stupid. :? I guess it's just Jack Black humor... only he would find it funny.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:59 pm 
Rosenrot Donator
Rosenrot Donator

Gabytiki wrote:
Just three words: BURN-AFTER-READING

no, no, no and NO... what a crap, no matter what critics can say...

It wasn't too, too bad, I found, but I would definitely agree that the critics give it way too much credit.

@Amour - I share a similar opinion on Jack Black, I really don't find him funny. :?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:39 pm 
(mod)
(mod)

My Bloody Valentine 3-D 'Nuff said

Rock over London... Rock on Chicago... Wheaties, breakfast of champions. - Wesley Willis

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next